Home

Transfer hell!

There are going to have to be penalties every day, hmmm.

39 comments

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4465 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

Not so sure, so long a you axe the right riders.

10 = sprint
11 = taylor made for Ulissi (maybe a break, or maybe even Matthews)
12 = ITT can't see any outstanding favourites from a TT perspective (seems a bit long/hilly for some of the Orica guys), although me and you have my 2 top tips (certainly from a GC perspective)
13 = another sprint
14 = GC
15 = GC

I think penalties will be needed as you say but I think you can manage it quite well to make as few as possible. (ie. not gonna change Godoy or Chicchi for tomorrow, not worth it is it, to swap for another 3 point guy for this stage)

Avatar
Joelsim [1963 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

Looking at my team for the next few days I will be surprised if I don't incur at least 100 points over the next 5 stages. 11 is made for Ulissi, but if he goes then all the GC guys go. I'm not sure he will risk it.

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4465 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

If im honest, I don't think he thought he would still be in he GC battle and neither did I, as im sure it was a stage he would have been targeting.

Avatar
Joelsim [1963 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

Right, team for next 5 stages picked and written down!  13

Avatar
Theinvisiblecyclist [73 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

Tight at the top so the next few stages and penalties could come into deciding who wins fs and the overall .....  1

Avatar
VVV73 [408 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

WOW, just realised I am 2nd OVERALL in Purist non-prem races for the year  1

Avatar
VVV73 [408 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

If im honest, I don't think he thought he would still be in he GC battle and neither did I, as im sure it was a stage he would have been targeting.

To be honest I was shocked that after last years effort's that Lampre' didn't make Ulissi leader from the get go, Neimeinc is ancient, Especially with Scarp gone and Cunego isn't up to it.
I thought Ulissi would have lead at home GT for Sure. I cant understand them selecting a Polish rider to lead in Giro, so very un-Italian.

Avatar
VVV73 [408 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

Right, team for next 5 stages picked and written down!  13

LOL nice prep  26

Avatar
chrisdstripes [1705 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

I'm doing badly in this, so will probably go stage-hunting, eg make my TT transfers a day early so I don't incur pens on the day, that kind of thing. Will end up with some very poor stages, but hopefully a couple of really good ones as well.

My main hope of getting something out of this is backing Kelderman at 150/1 each-way a few weeks ago...

Avatar
johnny2names [198 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

I'm doing badly in this, so will probably go stage-hunting, eg make my TT transfers a day early so I don't incur pens on the day, that kind of thing. Will end up with some very poor stages, but hopefully a couple of really good ones as well.

My main hope of getting something out of this is backing Kelderman at 150/1 each-way a few weeks ago...

nice  41 i got some 200 win only on betfair- and he wont win! but also got some 9/4 on a top 10 placing and that is looking good.

now, onto next week- sorry, havent got a clue what to do!

Avatar
Joelsim [1963 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

Annoyingly I had 150/1 on Harry Dondo, which fell by the wayside in one stage!

Avatar
Joelsim [1963 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

I spent about 3 hours planning my team last night and think I have come up with a plan. No doubt it won't work. But starting from 100 penalty points in my first draft, I now have it down to 10 with hopefully not too much of a compromise on sprinters.

There don't seem to be as many good TTers as normal in this one.

Avatar
chrisdstripes [1705 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

Yeah, there are a couple of TT specialists, but if its hilly they might not get so much of an advantage, and there aren't too many GC guys that really TT well (not like Froome/Wiggo or even Nibali/Contador) so that could be an unpredictable stage. In hindsight maybe not the best one for stage-hunting!

Avatar
stevemarks [458 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

Chicchi has abandoned hasn't he?

Avatar
livestrongnick [2118 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:

Chicchi has abandoned hasn't he?

Yes Steve he has. I currently have him grayed out on my team  26

Avatar
livestrongnick [2118 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

So transfers done x3 which gives me 1 saved. Brought in 3 sprinters under 20 credits each, which should score more than the 16 points i would of got if i'd not made any transfers. Assuming they do all score then i'll finally get that damn Full House Badge  35

Chicchi gone from my team too.

Avatar
Joelsim [1963 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

4 transfers done and 2 transfers saved.

Avatar
Ghedebrav [1098 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

It is an interesting week, and I'm certain that penalties will be necessary. It's easier for a sprint stage where, barring a very unlikely sticky break, you know who the guys are who will roll in in the top ten and probably at least let you break even on the ten point pens.

The ITT is the real thumbsucker, though. I'm inclined to trust in a couple of the GC guys but otherwise a it's bit of a crapshoot and I might just look to write that stage off rather than spend pens on it. I have a bad track record with TTs in this game!

On Ulissi - he is riding well in GC but I expect him to drop out if not by the end of this week then by the mountain TT. He'll still be targeting stage wins, and at this point why not try for a day in pink? (OK, I know, he's usually in Lampre pink).

While the Giro itself won't be won this week, I think the Fantasy Giro might be...

Avatar
Theinvisiblecyclist [73 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

While the Giro itself won't be won this week, I think the Fantasy Giro might be...

I have to agree , roughly 100 points separate the top 14 or 15 in fs league .....I'm a few points behind you and only 37 of joel which is why I've spent the last 2 hours deliberating on how to use my transfers over the next 3 days ....currently have 6 to use but no idea still on what to  35 38

Avatar
Joelsim [1963 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes
Theinvisiblecyclist wrote:
Ghedebrav wrote:

While the Giro itself won't be won this week, I think the Fantasy Giro might be...

I have to agree , roughly 100 points separate the top 14 or 15 in fs league .....I'm a few points behind you and only 37 of joel which is why I've spent the last 2 hours deliberating on how to use my transfers over the next 3 days ....currently have 6 to use but no idea still on what to  35 38

It's not an easy choice for sure.

Avatar
Twybaydos [446 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

Got the spreadsheet out. No penalties all week. However, this sort of conservative attitude is why I'm 167th.

Avatar
Theinvisiblecyclist [73 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

Well I thought , I swapped I changed I reset..... I eventually decided to risk 7 transfers and aim for a fh badge as well as a high score , 1 penalty offset by gc points etc ...... Who knows how this week is going to pan out but I've decided penalties are the way forwards.

Bold or stupid?  39

Avatar
VVV73 [408 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

TT is a good place to make some ground Joel for sure, only problem I got is trying to fit 3 riders from the one team in LOL . They all off something great each:(
One is a jersey leader (Who I have), one is a sprinter and a TTer , and one is a cheap great value TTer (who I have).
This could be a massive turning point in tour these next Cpl days, fantasy wise.

Avatar
VVV73 [408 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Not so sure, so long a you axe the right riders.

10 = sprint
11 = taylor made for Ulissi (maybe a break, or maybe even Matthews)
12 = ITT can't see any outstanding favourites from a TT perspective (seems a bit long/hilly for some of the Orica guys), although me and you have my 2 top tips (certainly from a GC perspective)
13 = another sprint
14 = GC
15 = GC

I think penalties will be needed as you say but I think you can manage it quite well to make as few as possible. (ie. not gonna change Godoy or Chicchi for tomorrow, not worth it is it, to swap for another 3 point guy for this stage)

I did similar ratings to each stage above pre tour. I had stage 11 down as a Voecklar type stage. A GUN DOWNHILLER  1
Sammy "DIRTY" Sanchez, if he wasn't helping Cadel , would have went here for sure.
I am keeping Godoy atm, who knows Belletti or Pullizetti could win a stage and give him TM pts. lol .
Chicchi I am going to sell I THINK, as I have found a 3.0 sprinter replacement. Have a think about the teams and who have lost sprinters so far  3
Will be selling Quintana tonight, don't see the 3 pts he is carrying much use over next Cpl days, but the money certainly could be.
Going to use 3 trades tonight just carry the 1 over for 3 on TT ( I don't think as many trades as normal needed for TT due to gradient a lot of the GC riders like this).
Hmm in Hindsight, sprinting TTer won't get over this TT.
RETHINK!  7

Avatar
VVV73 [408 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

While I am here, I would just like to give a mention to Nacer Bouhanni.

HOW BRAVE IS THIS KID.
After watching his face plant into road last year around bend at good speed, I was curious as to how he would come back.
Then I seen him absolutely on the edge, spinning the rear wheel sideways around wet bend on stage 4. Thought Gutsy, brave, seems fearless.
THEN on Stage 7 he goes up the inside of Mezgec ( not a small guy) against the barrier, wheel even clips bottom, with explosive speed. Always knew he was mega talented, but to see the bravery ( or is it just reckless youth bravado, I doubt it) he has shown.
No wonder about 7 to 9 teams are chasing him.
Can't wait to see how Caleb matches up against these guys later in year for Orica.

Avatar
VVV73 [408 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

While I am here, I would just like to give a mention to Nacer Bouhanni.

HOW BRAVE IS THIS KID.
After watching his face plant into road last year around bend at good speed, I was curious as to how he would come back.
Then I seen him absolutely on the edge, spinning the rear wheel sideways around wet bend on stage 4. Thought Gutsy, brave, seems fearless.
THEN on Stage 7 he goes up the inside of Mezgec ( not a small guy) against the barrier, wheel even clips bottom, with explosive speed. Always knew he was mega talented, but to see the bravery ( or is it just reckless youth bravado, I doubt it) he has shown.
No wonder about 7 to 9 teams are chasing him.
Can't wait to see how Caleb matches up against these guys later in year for Orica.

Avatar
Ghedebrav [1098 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

Just three transfers today, leaving me one in the bank. May not be my cleverest move, but I'm getting myself used to the idea of trying for a reasonable score every day rather than the usual peaks and troughs. I think I've got the 1-2-3 anyway  4

Barring a not-impossible breakaway win, I reckon Bouhanni's nailed on for this. He's still not in the same class as Kittel/Cav/Greipel though, a shame Kittel retired.

Anyone else fancy Pozzivivo for the podium, by the way? His odds have been slashed ( though I got a small sum on him e/w at 28/1 before kickoff).

Avatar
VVV73 [408 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

While I am here, I would just like to give a mention to Nacer Bouhanni.

HOW BRAVE IS THIS KID.
After watching his face plant into road last year around bend at good speed, I was curious as to how he would come back.
Then I seen him absolutely on the edge, spinning the rear wheel sideways around wet bend on stage 4. Thought Gutsy, brave, seems fearless.
THEN on Stage 7 he goes up the inside of Mezgec ( not a small guy) against the barrier, wheel even clips bottom, with explosive speed. Always knew he was mega talented, but to see the bravery ( or is it just reckless youth bravado, I doubt it) he has shown.
No wonder about 7 to 9 teams are chasing him.
Can't wait to see how Caleb matches up against these guys later in year for Orica.

Avatar
VVV73 [408 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

Barring a not-impossible breakaway win, I reckon Bouhanni's nailed on for this. He's still not in the same class as Kittel/Cav/Greipel though, a shame Kittel retired.

Anyone else fancy Pozzivivo for the podium, by the way? His odds have been slashed ( though I got a small sum on him e/w at 28/1 before kickoff).

Kittel = Fastest in the world maybe...
Cav = Best in the world...
Greipel = My fav sprinter and nicest? in the world  1 We love him in down under, supported our tour every year.

Pozzo, might actually enjoy this TT and showed he still got the legs and form he showed earlier in season on stage 9. Bookies might have thought he had gone over the top (peaked) when he got left a tad on stage 8.
Quintana hasn't really got me enthused at all so far this season.
Pozz have to be a E/W show , It's a long way home.

Avatar
Joelsim [1963 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes
Theinvisiblecyclist wrote:

Well I thought , I swapped I changed I reset..... I eventually decided to risk 7 transfers and aim for a fh badge as well as a high score , 1 penalty offset by gc points etc ...... Who knows how this week is going to pan out but I've decided penalties are the way forwards.

Bold or stupid?  39

I decided against this move, as for every transfer you make today, you have to do another for tomorrow, and another for Wednesday, and another for Thursday and Friday. There is very little common ground.

So I've gone for some sprinters but also who have a small possibility of being useful for Wednesday, kept the GC boys in and have also kept Gasparotto for tomorrow. A couple of changes planned each day up until Friday. Not going big on the TT, just two.

There was talk of a certain OPQS rider making the TT his goal, not sure whether it's worth going for.

So, for me I hope I can get through the week with no penalties with a good squad for each day (Wednesday of course, who knows). A couple of transfers in the bank just in case, and plans already made for next week barring hiccoughs.

Pages