Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Strava challenge 'prizes'

Hi All,

First post on the forum - has anyone noticed how expensive the Strava shop is for challenge specific jerseys/t-shirts?
The recent Specialized Classics challenge t-shirt was priced at $30 (bit steep if you ask me), but there is also an international carriage charge of $25 for orders under $100. it doesn't get much better for orders over $100 - the carriage charge dips to $20. Also the recent Gran Fondo Challenge jersey is $109 dollars (that's alot more money than you can get CUORE jerseys for) AND you have to wait 6-8 weeks for it too. I know that Strava have to make money as most users are using the free basic service instead of the premium, but if you complete a challenge it shouldn't feel like your getting fleeced for the prize.

Over 16,000 people in the UK participated in the Gran Fondo 5 challenge. would be better if Strava had a European/UK Sales base too..

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

boardmanrider | 9 years ago
0 likes

I contacted Strava about this - at the time I was looking for a mount for my Garmin. Their BarFy was perfect but the P&P doubled the price. Their excuse was they were San Francisco based and that was that.

I do like the Gran Fondo jersey's $109 isn't a bad price for a high quality Castelli jersey but the $25 extra is a bit steep.

mrmo | 9 years ago
0 likes

I seem to remember that they are getting some staff in Europe (London???) so maybe they will start to ship from a euro address which might knock the price of shipping down a bit, after all Castelli are Italian and Cuore are Swiss so in my head at least it would make sense not to ship to the states and back again.

As for leadtimes, they are custom orders and going by how long it can take for club kits to get turned around they aren't that slow.

Redvee | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've seen Strava offers emailed to me and looked at them in the shop then come to the shipping charge and change my mind. LAst item I looked at was $10 and $25 postage  13

Gareth W-R | 9 years ago
0 likes

Agreed, plus you only get 3 days to make up your mind too! $109 seems a little steep but its pretty much what a team sky jersey costs I think?

Latest Comments