Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of California stage 8

Oh balls i've just missed the deadline. Is this one actually starting early?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

25 comments

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

You should join the Rookie league Twy.

I'm enjoying it, but there is a long way to go yet. At first it was a bit hit and miss and I'm still learning and improving.

Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes

Enrique - I am new, but Joel will beat me by the end of the year. He's very aggressive in his transfers whilst I'm too conservative and aggression will win in the end.

We are both London and I can see he has clawed a 1000 point gap between us round about P-N down to 250 today. Good on you fella

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Cheers Enrique, I had two transfers, but with Cav only scoring 39 points I don't think I could have made enough credits and not dropped the points to make up the 23 point gap. I could have got 13 points closer had I made the other transfer had planned. (DVP for Dennis)

Basically I can change the deadline up until you can access the competition, once you can access the competition I can't make any changes

stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes

Sour Grapes time!

Lying fourth after Friday in this, but I had no access to change my team for Sundays last stage, or find out Saturdays results. I didn't really have a clue how Saturday would go (except that Sagan would probably win) so set it up pretty much as a sprint team for Sunday and hoped! I knew that I would have no chance of improving my position but that is life, It's my fault for going off doing real cycling. So I did my womens team in plenty of time and my Giro transfers before I left Saturday evening.

Now I find out that after spending time making those transfers and researching the womens stage, the game was annulled because some people missed the deadline.

How can that be?

Whenever there is an error in the game setup the standard response is that it is THE PLAYERS RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK THAT THE GAME INFORMATION IS CORRECT AND ACT ACCORDINGLY!

I have accepted that in the past when things have not worked out for me so why is it different this time? Please explain!

0 likes

Yup Johnny, Im sure Dave will read this, and take it on board, he does try and send out emails when things like that do happen

My change that I would have made wouldn't have made much difference in the grand scheme either, an extra 13 points but no change in my position overall.

VVV73 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Yup Johnny, Im sure Dave will read this, and take it on board, he does try and send out emails when things like that do happen

My change that I would have made wouldn't have made much difference in the grand scheme either, an extra 13 points but no change in my position overall.

Thank You Tera.
As not all of us live in Northern Hemi. I might check close time and see I have 30mins to do it when I get home from work, as norm close about 6/7pm here. If I think that and it gets moved an Hour and not told...  2
It surely can't be that hard to make a mailing list group?
Thank you again.

dc04dc | 9 years ago
0 likes

I pointed out last night in the Chongming thread that the California deadline appeared to be an hour after the race started. Did you change it without saying anything?

People seem to have lost the opportunity to make transfers. If this is what happened, will the results be nullified? If that's the fair course in the women's race, and I don't think it is, it should be the fair course here. Maybe I'm just confused, though.

TERatcliffe26 replied to dc04dc | 9 years ago
0 likes
dc04dc wrote:

I pointed out last night in the Chongming thread that the California deadline appeared to be an hour after the race started. Did you change it without saying anything?

People seem to have lost the opportunity to make transfers. If this is what happened, will the results be nullified? If that's the fair course in the women's race, and I don't think it is, it should be the fair course here. Maybe I'm just confused, though.

All I can say is I didn't change anything, whether Dave did I can't comment. I was very tired this morning before work so the deadline may have been 5pm then. Either way the deadline closed before the stage started, and if it was changed it was different to that of the womens, race as moving it by 1 hour this morning, is a bit different than a womens race being 12 hours out. Like i say im not even sure it was moved if im honest. If you pointed it out last night and Dave changed it then, thats fair course, moving a deadline by an hour well in advance of the stage is fair course, again very different from the womens scenario.

If that affected you then I do apologise

dc04dc replied to TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

It didn't affect me; thank you for your response. (I'd still like to have the Chongming results restored, though.)

johnny2names replied to TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
dc04dc wrote:

All I can say is I didn't change anything, whether Dave did I can't comment. I was very tired this morning before work so the deadline may have been 5pm then. Either way the deadline closed before the stage started, and if it was changed it was different to that of the womens, race as moving it by 1 hour this morning, is a bit different than a womens race being 12 hours out. Like i say im not even sure it was moved if im honest. If you pointed it out last night and Dave changed it then, thats fair course, moving a deadline by an hour well in advance of the stage is fair course, again very different from the womens scenario.

If that affected you then I do apologise

Fair enough. One point, IF a change of deadline occurs with plenty of time to spare, is it possible to have an email sent round to all stating the change? The email generated to tell you when a rider you've picked is no longer in the roster has been a great addition, and if it could be extended to changed deadlines that would be great  1

In any event, my unchanged line-up went up two places! Go figure.

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

1,2,4,5 with Routley, Machado and Yates GC / Mountain / Youth points so quite happy.

VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Surprised at the lack of THOR's in team today.

Phinney , Thor, Edmondson IN

Sagan
Thor
Phinney
Dennis
Yates
Chavez
Craddock
Chris Jones
Edmondson

Dropped Wiggo  1

simon F | 9 years ago
0 likes

Well, I've done so crap in this I couldn't be bothered making any changes - got 1 sprinter and some GC guys and 2 transfers unused. I left Jensie in for old times sake and he's in the break one last time  1 Long shot for a full house - if Jensie scores anything I could be in.

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

Wiggo
DVP
Yates
Dennis
Craddock
JJH
Routley
Cav
Rowe

Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes

Annoyingly I didn't bring in any sprinters yesterday as I thought the break would make it and wanted to save up for today.

Oh well, I've been in all day, it's my own fault

johnny2names | 9 years ago
0 likes

I hope the break makes it!

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

made mine last night after watching the stage as i knew i would forget.

Still got some of yesterdays team in but i wont have any penalties for todays score as the value of the players left in wouldn't have got me anyone decent.

Mark Cavendish
Fabio Sabatini
Adam Yates
George Bennett
John Degenkolb
Tiago Machado
Matthew Harley Goss
Danny Van Poppel
Will Routley

0 likes

I even thought it was 6 too!

When I did some transfers earlier at 8.26ish, there was 9 hours 34 left, so im very confused.

Just got home from work and was about to bring in DVP for Dennis. Buggar! That could cost me big time!

johnny2names replied to TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

When I did some transfers earlier at 8.26ish, there was 9 hours 34 left, so im very confused.

Just got home from work and was about to bring in DVP for Dennis. Buggar! That could cost me big time!

You too? I don't normally get my maths wrong tbh. Was the deadline changed?

TERatcliffe26 replied to johnny2names | 9 years ago
0 likes
johnny2names wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

You too? I don't normally get my maths wrong tbh. Was the deadline changed?

Not as far as i know, not by me, been at work all day, glad I made the 1 change earlier. Having said that I think the cut off time was correct.

Still not a good team for me, just 2 sprinters

Sagan
Degenkolb
Dennis
Yates
Craddock
Routley
Chaves
Machado
Stetina

enrique replied to TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

... My change that I would have made wouldn't have made much difference in the grand scheme either, an extra 13 points but no change in my position overall.

Nice play, TER  1 You beat Wig Billy! Did you have the space and transfers to have brought in a few more sprinters? You were so close to taking the whole thing!  41

johnny2names wrote:

Was the deadline changed?

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

... not by me...

I'm still lost on this, so the deadline wasn't (?) changed, or was it (?)?... I still don't get it this either, can you or can't you change deadlines? Can Gkam? Or is the only one who can change deadlines dave?  39

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

My team for today. Couldn't afford Cav unfortunately and would have cost a penalty to remove Sagan. GC boys gone.

Peter Sagan (CAD)
Moreno Hofland (BLK)
Adam Yates (OGE)
John Degenkolb (GSH)
Matthew Harley Goss (OGE)
Juan Jose Haedo (JHB)
Eric Young (OPM)
Danny Van Poppel (TFR)
Will Routley (OPM)

enrique replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

My team for today...

Joel, the way played this and the way you're playing the Giro I think you'll be up for 'Newbie of the Year' ! I wonder if Dave can come up with a ranking of people in the whole competition who have only joined in the last year? I'm pretty sure you'd be winning! Twy's new, too, right?  39

Joelsim replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
Joelsim wrote:

My team for today...

Joel, the way played this and the way you're playing the Giro I think you'll be up for 'Newbie of the Year' ! I wonder if Dave can come up with a ranking of people in the whole competition who have only joined in the last year? I'm pretty sure you'd be winning! Twy's new, too, right?  39

I entered a team in the Vuelta last year but didn't play it and got an average score of about 50 per stage accordingly, so really this is my first year. It would be good to get a prize, maybe an S-Works or something...

johnny2names | 9 years ago
0 likes

Oops, me too. I checked it this morning first thing, thought it was 6 pm cut-off uk time. Back to maths 101 for me...

Latest Comments