Tour of California Stage 4

by simon F   May 14, 2014  

Is today definitely a bunch sprint? Or is it the day for the Jens Voight AToC Testimonial Breakaway? Time will tell.

54 user comments

Latest 30 commentsNewest firstBest ratedAll

stumps wrote:
Well i missed all the deadlines whatever time they were so my team for todays bunch sprint stage consists of climbers lol.

Its only a game so just laugh it off is what i say Big Grin

I just spent 2 hrs riding riders form at 1-3am in morning, knew exactly when it shut!
MY TIME ISNT FREE

Waaaa Waaaaa !

VVV73's picture

posted by VVV73 [399 posts]
14th May 2014 - 17:43

3 Likes

Twybaydos wrote:
I updated just after the site update this afternoon, at 3.15pm. Thinking I was updating for stage 4.

I've just looked, my transfers are for stage 5 not stage 4.
I was not aware window had reopened. - Dave - is there any way to but my transfers back against Stage 4 (when other people would have made stage 4 changes after me)

Degenkolb really isn't my choice for tomorrow

Think Dave was trying to rectify anyone's who made transfers for stage 5 and not 4.

it was my fault I made a mistake on the transfer deadline and made it far too early. I did apologise for this earlier, and thats why Dave got stage 4 reopened. I believe you were doing your transfers when I did, it was actually only on stage 5 for about 20 minutes.

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3993 posts]
14th May 2014 - 18:04

2 Likes

TERatcliffe26 wrote:
Twybaydos wrote:
I updated just after the site update this afternoon, at 3.15pm. Thinking I was updating for stage 4.

I've just looked, my transfers are for stage 5 not stage 4.
I was not aware window had reopened. - Dave - is there any way to but my transfers back against Stage 4 (when other people would have made stage 4 changes after me)

Degenkolb really isn't my choice for tomorrow

Think Dave was trying to rectify anyone's who made transfers for stage 5 and not 4.

it was my fault I made a mistake on the transfer deadline and made it far too early. I did apologise for this earlier, and thats why Dave got stage 4 reopened. I believe you were doing your transfers when I did, it was actually only on stage 5 for about 20 minutes.

I think I am one of the people who has transfers set against stage 5 instead of stage 4, I thought they were for stage 4 when I did them. Yates and Degenkolb in for Jens! and Phinney

posted by Twybaydos [358 posts]
14th May 2014 - 18:18

2 Likes

I emailed it to Dave, Twy, so hopefully he will be able to get that sorted for you

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3993 posts]
14th May 2014 - 18:48

4 Likes

Break
Clarke, Jones (UHC)
Mesmaeker (TNN)
Routley (OPM)
Cooke (JSH)
Daniel (BDT)
4' 04'' after 30 miles

philip unwin

posted by Philip Unwin [795 posts]
14th May 2014 - 20:08

0 Likes

Sprint
1 Jones
2 Routley
3 Mesmaeker

philip unwin

posted by Philip Unwin [795 posts]
14th May 2014 - 20:10

2 Likes

Cat 4
1 Routley
2 Jones
3 Clarke
4 Mesmaeker
Lead 4'05''

philip unwin

posted by Philip Unwin [795 posts]
14th May 2014 - 20:30

1 Like

How many points for mountains in this one? I really don't understand the scoring for TOC.

posted by Joelsim [1451 posts]
14th May 2014 - 20:40

1 Like

TERatcliffe26 wrote:
I have no control over the start times now the competition is open...

TERatcliffe26 wrote:
... I made a mistake on the transfer deadline and made it far too early. ...

I don't understand... Confused

Vive Le Road.cc Fantasy Cycling Game!

posted by enrique [1795 posts]
14th May 2014 - 20:48

1 Like

Joelsim wrote:
How many points for mountains in this one? I really don't understand the scoring for TOC.

I am even having trouble trying to work at the CAT's on this years profile maps Sad ....its been the worst years coverage in ages, last year they showed Oman , Qatar the lot. Jagged Chris Jones in my Purist team Smile

Waaaa Waaaaa !

VVV73's picture

posted by VVV73 [399 posts]
14th May 2014 - 21:05

3 Likes

Just the 40 penalty points for today...
Necessary though, as had a few lame ducks in there. Routley I put in on a bit of a whim (good to have a 3.0 guy guaranteed to get you a few classification points every stage) but otherwise am counting on a bunch sprint with five or six of my guys finishing top ten! No Sagan though, he's going in tomorrow.

Ghedebrav's picture

posted by Ghedebrav [1103 posts]
14th May 2014 - 21:13

3 Likes

Decided not to change my team for sprinters today and incur points and then back again. Going to have to rely on the GC boys for an average day.

Bradley Wiggins (SKY)
Tiago Machado (TNE)
Taylor Phinney (BMC)
Moreno Hofland (BLK)
Rohan Dennis (GRS)
Danny Van Poppel (TFR)
Peter Stetina (BMC)
Lawson Craddock (GSH)
Will Routley (OPM)

posted by Joelsim [1451 posts]
14th May 2014 - 21:16

3 Likes

Dave Atkinson wrote:
I've put the deadline back. If anyone accidentally made changes for 5 instead of 4 I'll reassign them

What about the people who made their changes in time for the advertised deadline?

Their transfers were public for about half an hour by the look of it, and they also lost the opportunity to take advantage of any new information that emerged closer to the start of the stage.

I'm not sure how much of an affect it had today, but this sets a dangerous precedent for the future.

posted by Wig_Billy [577 posts]
14th May 2014 - 22:44

2 Likes

1,4,7 today, quite excited.

J Andrew Hill

Its a marathon, not a snickers

...

JAndrewHill's picture

posted by JAndrewHill [1229 posts]
14th May 2014 - 22:59

2 Likes

1,10,12,18,20 today. Pleased as I hadn't gone with sprinters.

posted by Joelsim [1451 posts]
14th May 2014 - 23:01

2 Likes

Routley has totally cleaned up today.

1st in the race
3 wins on KOM
2nd on sprint
Top of points
Top of mountains

And surely most combative.

Wow!

posted by Joelsim [1451 posts]
14th May 2014 - 23:08

2 Likes

Quite pleased to have brought Cav and Routley in last night...and I already had Mr Jones.Might bring another sprinter in for tomorrow....Sag or Deg maybe

J Andrew Hill

Its a marathon, not a snickers

...

JAndrewHill's picture

posted by JAndrewHill [1229 posts]
14th May 2014 - 23:12

2 Likes

Sprinter for tomorrow? Are you sure?

posted by Joelsim [1451 posts]
14th May 2014 - 23:14

2 Likes

Wig_Billy wrote:
Dave Atkinson wrote:
I've put the deadline back. If anyone accidentally made changes for 5 instead of 4 I'll reassign them

What about the people who made their changes in time for the advertised deadline?

Their transfers were public for about half an hour by the look of it, and they also lost the opportunity to take advantage of any new information that emerged closer to the start of the stage.

I'm not sure how much of an affect it had today, but this sets a dangerous precedent for the future.


HEY, we made THE ADVERTISED TIME, it didn't SHUT as ADVERTISED!

This is why I was mad knew this would happen Smile Rolling On The Floor At Wits End Kiss

Seen this crap coming!

Waaaa Waaaaa !

VVV73's picture

posted by VVV73 [399 posts]
14th May 2014 - 23:15

0 Likes

JAndrewHill wrote:
Quite pleased to have brought Cav and Routley in last night...and I already had Mr Jones.Might bring another sprinter in for tomorrow....Sag or Deg maybe

Nice one on the stage win

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3993 posts]
15th May 2014 - 0:14

2 Likes

I guess it helps that the time of the stages in California means I can watch the racing live on t'internet and get a feel for whos riding well, rather than with the giro , where I just see the last 10 mins and read the report...there aagain it might be luck, cos when I picked Chris Jones, I thought I was picking Carter Jones...

I guess I have won something....new bike? maybe not...maybe a picture of a bike Wink

J Andrew Hill

Its a marathon, not a snickers

...

JAndrewHill's picture

posted by JAndrewHill [1229 posts]
15th May 2014 - 6:48

6 Likes

VVV73 wrote:
Wig_Billy wrote:
Dave Atkinson wrote:
I've put the deadline back. If anyone accidentally made changes for 5 instead of 4 I'll reassign them

What about the people who made their changes in time for the advertised deadline?

Their transfers were public for about half an hour by the look of it, and they also lost the opportunity to take advantage of any new information that emerged closer to the start of the stage.

I'm not sure how much of an affect it had today, but this sets a dangerous precedent for the future.


HEY, we made THE ADVERTISED TIME, it didn't SHUT as ADVERTISED!

This is why I was mad knew this would happen Smile Rolling On The Floor At Wits End Kiss

Seen this crap coming!


And at one stage I had decided to keep phinney and get Routley and Jon Clarke the Aussie before settling on Bolivar (who got LTR, I must have used early info for that one lol)
Imagine the UP ROAR if I had them in my side OMG Silly

Waaaa Waaaaa !

VVV73's picture

posted by VVV73 [399 posts]
15th May 2014 - 7:05

0 Likes

JAndrewHill wrote:
I guess it helps that the time of the stages in California means I can watch the racing live on t'internet and get a feel for whos riding well, rather than with the giro , where I just see the last 10 mins and read the report...there aagain it might be luck, cos when I picked Chris Jones, I thought I was picking Carter Jones...

I guess I have won something....new bike? maybe not...maybe a picture of a bike Wink


Did the exact same thing in my purist team Andy. CONGRATS Party

Waaaa Waaaaa !

VVV73's picture

posted by VVV73 [399 posts]
15th May 2014 - 7:06

0 Likes

JAndrewHill wrote:
I guess it helps that the time of the stages in California means I can watch the racing live on t'internet and get a feel for whos riding well, rather than with the giro , where I just see the last 10 mins and read the report...there aagain it might be luck, cos when I picked Chris Jones, I thought I was picking Carter Jones...

I guess I have won something....new bike? maybe not...maybe a picture of a bike Wink

DHB triple lens sunglasses.

Well done.

posted by Joelsim [1451 posts]
15th May 2014 - 9:20

2 Likes

Not for Cali, Sunnies are for Giro, stage win in Cali is a DHB Buff

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [9039 posts]
15th May 2014 - 9:27

2 Likes

Ah ok yes.

Just what you need for summer Silly

How do we claim the prize?

posted by Joelsim [1451 posts]
15th May 2014 - 9:34

1 Like

Joelsim wrote:
Ah ok yes.

Just what you need for summer Silly

How do we claim the prize?

you'll get a message on your home page at the end of the tour

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7502 posts]
15th May 2014 - 10:06

3 Likes

Wow, got a full house!

But only 68 points... Day Dreaming

Is that the lowest ever score for a full house?

Maybe it is the 'Lantern Rouge' of full houses...LOL.

A new prize category in the offing?

posted by thorolf [54 posts]
15th May 2014 - 11:55

2 Likes

Gkam84 wrote:
Not for Cali, Sunnies are for Giro, stage win in Cali is a DHB Buff

I'm looking forward to cycling all summer in the buff Wink

J Andrew Hill

Its a marathon, not a snickers

...

JAndrewHill's picture

posted by JAndrewHill [1229 posts]
15th May 2014 - 13:11

2 Likes

JAndrewHill wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:
Not for Cali, Sunnies are for Giro, stage win in Cali is a DHB Buff

I'm looking forward to cycling all summer in the buff Wink

JArthurRank

posted by Joelsim [1451 posts]
15th May 2014 - 13:26

2 Likes