Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of California Stage 4

Is today definitely a bunch sprint? Or is it the day for the Jens Voight AToC Testimonial Breakaway? Time will tell.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

54 comments

thorolf | 9 years ago
0 likes

Wow, got a full house!

But only 68 points...  105

Is that the lowest ever score for a full house?

Maybe it is the 'Lantern Rouge' of full houses...LOL.

A new prize category in the offing?

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Ah ok yes.

Just what you need for summer  35

How do we claim the prize?

dave atkinson replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

Ah ok yes.

Just what you need for summer  35

How do we claim the prize?

you'll get a message on your home page at the end of the tour

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Not for Cali, Sunnies are for Giro, stage win in Cali is a DHB Buff

JAndrewHill replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I'm looking forward to cycling all summer in the buff  3

Joelsim replied to JAndrewHill | 9 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

I'm looking forward to cycling all summer in the buff  3

JArthurRank

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Sprinter for tomorrow? Are you sure?

JAndrewHill | 9 years ago
0 likes

Quite pleased to have brought Cav and Routley in last night...and I already had Mr Jones.Might bring another sprinter in for tomorrow....Sag or Deg maybe

TERatcliffe26 replied to JAndrewHill | 9 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

Quite pleased to have brought Cav and Routley in last night...and I already had Mr Jones.Might bring another sprinter in for tomorrow....Sag or Deg maybe

Nice one on the stage win

JAndrewHill replied to TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I guess it helps that the time of the stages in California means I can watch the racing live on t'internet and get a feel for whos riding well, rather than with the giro , where I just see the last 10 mins and read the report...there aagain it might be luck, cos when I picked Chris Jones, I thought I was picking Carter Jones...

I guess I have won something....new bike? maybe not...maybe a picture of a bike  3

VVV73 replied to JAndrewHill | 9 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

I guess it helps that the time of the stages in California means I can watch the racing live on t'internet and get a feel for whos riding well, rather than with the giro , where I just see the last 10 mins and read the report...there aagain it might be luck, cos when I picked Chris Jones, I thought I was picking Carter Jones...

I guess I have won something....new bike? maybe not...maybe a picture of a bike  3

Did the exact same thing in my purist team Andy. CONGRATS  36

Joelsim replied to JAndrewHill | 9 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

DHB triple lens sunglasses.

Well done.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Routley has totally cleaned up today.

1st in the race
3 wins on KOM
2nd on sprint
Top of points
Top of mountains

And surely most combative.

Wow!

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

1,10,12,18,20 today. Pleased as I hadn't gone with sprinters.

JAndrewHill | 9 years ago
0 likes

1,4,7 today, quite excited.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Decided not to change my team for sprinters today and incur points and then back again. Going to have to rely on the GC boys for an average day.

Bradley Wiggins (SKY)
Tiago Machado (TNE)
Taylor Phinney (BMC)
Moreno Hofland (BLK)
Rohan Dennis (GRS)
Danny Van Poppel (TFR)
Peter Stetina (BMC)
Lawson Craddock (GSH)
Will Routley (OPM)

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

Just the 40 penalty points for today...
Necessary though, as had a few lame ducks in there. Routley I put in on a bit of a whim (good to have a 3.0 guy guaranteed to get you a few classification points every stage) but otherwise am counting on a bunch sprint with five or six of my guys finishing top ten! No Sagan though, he's going in tomorrow.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

How many points for mountains in this one? I really don't understand the scoring for TOC.

VVV73 replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

How many points for mountains in this one? I really don't understand the scoring for TOC.

I am even having trouble trying to work at the CAT's on this years profile maps  2 ....its been the worst years coverage in ages, last year they showed Oman , Qatar the lot. Jagged Chris Jones in my Purist team  1

Philip Unwin | 9 years ago
0 likes

Cat 4
1 Routley
2 Jones
3 Clarke
4 Mesmaeker
Lead 4'05''

0 likes

Sprint
1 Jones
2 Routley
3 Mesmaeker

0 likes

Break
Clarke, Jones (UHC)
Mesmaeker (TNN)
Routley (OPM)
Cooke (JSH)
Daniel (BDT)
4' 04'' after 30 miles

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I emailed it to Dave, Twy, so hopefully he will be able to get that sorted for you

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

Well i missed all the deadlines whatever time they were so my team for todays bunch sprint stage consists of climbers lol.

Its only a game so just laugh it off is what i say  4

VVV73 replied to Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

Well i missed all the deadlines whatever time they were so my team for todays bunch sprint stage consists of climbers lol.

Its only a game so just laugh it off is what i say  4

I just spent 2 hrs riding riders form at 1-3am in morning, knew exactly when it shut!
MY TIME ISNT FREE

Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes

I updated just after the site update this afternoon, at 3.15pm. Thinking I was updating for stage 4.

I've just looked, my transfers are for stage 5 not stage 4.
I was not aware window had reopened. - Dave - is there any way to but my transfers back against Stage 4 (when other people would have made stage 4 changes after me)

Degenkolb really isn't my choice for tomorrow

TERatcliffe26 replied to Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes
Twybaydos wrote:

I updated just after the site update this afternoon, at 3.15pm. Thinking I was updating for stage 4.

I was not aware window had reopened. - Dave - is there any way to but my transfers back against Stage 4 (when other people would have made stage 4 changes after me)

Think Dave was trying to rectify anyone's who made transfers for stage 5 and not 4.

it was my fault I made a mistake on the transfer deadline and made it far too early. I did apologise for this earlier, and thats why Dave got stage 4 reopened. I believe you were doing your transfers when I did, it was actually only on stage 5 for about 20 minutes.

Twybaydos replied to TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
Twybaydos wrote:

Think Dave was trying to rectify anyone's who made transfers for stage 5 and not 4.

it was my fault I made a mistake on the transfer deadline and made it far too early. I did apologise for this earlier, and thats why Dave got stage 4 reopened. I believe you were doing your transfers when I did, it was actually only on stage 5 for about 20 minutes.

I think I am one of the people who has transfers set against stage 5 instead of stage 4, I thought they were for stage 4 when I did them. Yates and Degenkolb in for Jens! and Phinney

enrique replied to TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

I have no control over the start times now the competition is open...

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

... I made a mistake on the transfer deadline and made it far too early. ...

I don't understand...  7

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Wow.

It would be nice to have an extra 1/2 hour at least because of this unique situation with two races running at the same time and the Giro's updating potentially interrupting any late transfers people might want to make...  39 Or, maybe wait until Cali starts before loading the Giro updates...

Pages

Latest Comments