Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Womens World Cup-Tour of Chongming Island

39 Hmmmm Gkam, how's the start list looking for this one geezer?  39

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

138 comments

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

You view the game as a service....wow

simon F replied to rcorbin | 9 years ago
0 likes
rcorbin wrote:

Awful decision!!

Since Dave passed over to the forum members, the game has been shambolic ever since.

Because I did some research and knew the start times, I'm penalised because others are moaning they missed the deadline!!

There have been 2 or 3 mistakes in deadlines every year since the game started. None of this is anything new or anything to do with the volunteer assistants.
Gkam is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't here. I didn't get the chance to pick a team so I prefer the neutralisation option. You did, and want to keep the points. There is no way to keep everyone happy over this. Someone will consider whatever decision is made "awful".

arcadiak replied to dc04dc | 9 years ago
0 likes

that makes two of us and scored highly too. idk wtf theyre doing by deducting points given earlier today.

arcadiak replied to Theinvisiblecyclist | 9 years ago
0 likes

Well said Sir.  41

northstar | 9 years ago
0 likes

Very well said, gkam has a laughable attitude, yes the game is a service which people pay for...

If you fucked up the deadline points should still be given.

Awaits bullshit response.

VVV73 replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I guess no-one noticed with every other race in the WWC so far. as soon as the race starts, I pull the startlist once I have the score sheet.

It just saves people complaining that this rider or that rider is not in the next race when I haven't loaded the next startlist.

The deadline was changed through the night, because it was set to 11am for some reason...so it would have just closed 20 minutes ago.....

Be nice if Premium members got notification of Deadline changes  1
Wouldn't be hard to create a mailing list, had no trouble e-mailing me the other day...
And as for the "you think this is a service" comment, if directed at me..... Anything I pay for I do ! and so does the GST.

Joelsim replied to simon F | 9 years ago
0 likes
simon F wrote:
rcorbin wrote:

Awful decision!!

Since Dave passed over to the forum members, the game has been shambolic ever since.

Because I did some research and knew the start times, I'm penalised because others are moaning they missed the deadline!!

There have been 2 or 3 mistakes in deadlines every year since the game started. None of this is anything new or anything to do with the volunteer assistants.
Gkam is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't here. I didn't get the chance to pick a team so I prefer the neutralisation option. You did, and want to keep the points. There is no way to keep everyone happy over this. Someone will consider whatever decision is made "awful".

Agree. Give the guys a break.

northstar | 9 years ago
0 likes

Giving them "breaks" has led to one of them thinking he can cheat and do what the hell he likes

He is a law unto himself it seems.

Think before you type sand stop kissing ass.

Awaits more bullshit.

NeilG83 | 9 years ago
0 likes

It's the lack of consistency that annoys me (and that I would have scored quite well). When there were problems with deadlines in the spring classics people with complaints were told to lump it and the race was scored as normal. Those who took advantage of the mistakes were even congratulated by some on the forum. Also a rider was left off the start list of the Tour of California and the stage was scored as normal.

Please score the stage.

NeilG83 replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Of course it's a service, which a lot of people pay to use.

jova54 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm rather miffed about this. I selected my team in time and had a pretty good result, and now appear to have been penalised a) because there was an admin cock-up and b) because some people who weren't properly prepared missed the cut-off as a result. Tough, some you win some you loose.

I know that the management's decision is final etc, but it seems that the decision to nullify the stage scores has been taken by Gkam and not road.cc management.

Perhaps a compromise might be to calculate the scores as usual and then for those who missed out to have an average of all the counting scores. Then people who selected a team in time will get the points they worked and everyone else will get something.

Theinvisiblecyclist replied to NeilG83 | 9 years ago
0 likes
NeilG83 wrote:

It's the lack of consistency that annoys me (and that I would have scored quite well). When there were problems with deadlines in the spring classics people with complaints were told to lump it and the race was scored as normal. Those who took advantage of the mistakes were even congratulated by some on the forum. Also a rider was left off the start list of the Tour of California and the stage was scored as normal.

Well said  41

Theinvisiblecyclist replied to jova54 | 9 years ago
0 likes
jova54 wrote:

I'm rather miffed about this. I selected my team in time and had a pretty good result, and now appear to have been penalised a) because there was an admin cock-up and b) because some people who weren't properly prepared missed the cut-off as a result. Tough, some you win some you loose.

I know that the management's decision is final etc, but it seems that the decision to nullify the stage scores has been taken by Gkam and not road.cc management.

Perhaps a compromise might be to calculate the scores as usual and then for those who missed out to have an average of all the counting scores. Then people who selected a team in time will get the points they worked and everyone else will get something.

Nice idea but unlikely to happen on past experience.

Gkam84 replied to NeilG83 | 9 years ago
0 likes
NeilG83 wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

Pretty sure it is NOT a service, we do not need to provide this game. Infact, if you want to class it as a service.

A service can quite easily be removed at any point in time with a decent amount of notice, just like Sky TV, Broadband.....etc.

Off to see how long Dave wants to give you all and remove the WHOLE game, maybe the end of the Giro...they see you all moaning like f*ck that there is NO game to play....

VVV73 replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
NeilG83 wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

Pretty sure it is NOT a service, we do not need to provide this game. Infact, if you want to class it as a service.

A service can quite easily be removed at any point in time with a decent amount of notice, just like Sky TV, Broadband.....etc.

Off to see how long Dave wants to give you all and remove the WHOLE game, maybe the end of the Giro...they see you all moaning like f*ck that there is NO game to play....

OMG!  29 ummm yes u do when people pay their hard earned to play it !
We paid for PREMIUM Isn't THAT A SERVICE.
Provides extra races.

Theinvisiblecyclist replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
NeilG83 wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

Can u update the Giro scores first  3

VVV73 replied to Theinvisiblecyclist | 9 years ago
0 likes

Over 3,000 people in Giro. If a 1/3 were premium, That's 10,ooo pound for providing a what you call NOT A SERVICE...wish I had a Business like that  35

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

An average score cannot be given out as there is no system of doing that in the game, scores can only be given to riders picked in teams, not just handed out to any player.

I don't know what every one is moaning about. You have not lost anything, you have not dropped behind anyone else. You all scored the same and the positions stay the same.

I've given Dave a shout, he can come along and have his say, because now you do not seem happy to listen to me. Fair enough.

Gkam84 replied to Theinvisiblecyclist | 9 years ago
0 likes
Theinvisiblecyclist wrote:

Can u update the Giro scores first  3

Dave is running the Giro, not me. He'll update them when he see's fit and after the deadline for California.....

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

An average score cannot be given out as there is no system of doing that in the game, scores can only be given to riders picked in teams, not just handed out to any player.

I don't know what every one is moaning about. You have not lost anything, you have not dropped behind anyone else. You all scored the same and the positions stay the same.

I've given Dave a shout, he can come along and have his say, because now you do not seem happy to listen to me. Fair enough.

Can I suggest an official email is sent to all players explaining what's happened?
Ppl may be a bit more willing to listen to that  7

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

No, because I can do all the official emails aswell, so no point, as people are already not listening.

johnny2names | 9 years ago
0 likes

Nice! Just spotted my Luxembourg-like null point- now I understand. Oh, and I missed the ToC deadline, can that be annuled too?

Too much?

Everyone gets the odd think wrong, let's relax. Just a game and all that. Right thing to do in this instance, IMO.

Let's move on...

northstar | 9 years ago
0 likes

You are the one not listening, could you be any more arrogant?

This service is turning into a complete joke.

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Id have preferred the the points, 7 in the top 11 would have been decent (didn't see what I actually scored, but think it would have been 189) but im not gonna moan. Had I actually paid more attention I may have queried the mistake. But I never saw one player query the mistake, when the start time has been there for weeks, yet one person is expected to get everything spot on  39

Yes I left DVP off by accident, but again had people trusted official startlists they could have put him in for stage one.

All it seems to be is moan moan moan, every single mistake and i gets brought about it being a payed service. would I have made that mistake had i been payed, yes i probably still would. I also think a lot of people expect an awful lot for 10 quid. It will barley get you three pints these days, yet people want a service with no mistakes, yet humans are doing it, so mistakes will happen. Seem to think I may as well not bother anymore, can't win no matter what happens. Stay up till 1.30/2am every night this week getting the scores done (not that im after praise or anything), but in context will get hounded down for any minor mistake in the grand scheme of things. and whether people should be expected to or not, mistakes that could have been raised beforehand by others and thus corrected, and also that people good have ignored off there own back (ie DVP) and trusted other sources.

cranky | 9 years ago
0 likes

Surely after the previous deadline error where people cheated by picking their team after they knew the breakaway was left to stand you can't nullify a stage when nobody has cheated!

If you pay for the game then it is a service and would expect better than a volunteer making up the rules as they go along.  14

0 likes

Gkam84 wrote:

No, because I can do all the official emails aswell, so no point, as people are already not listening.

Fair enough but was only trying to help calm the situation because you have done exactly what should have been done on another occasion

Theinvisiblecyclist replied to cranky | 9 years ago
0 likes
cranky wrote:

Surely after the previous deadline error where people cheated by picking their team after they knew the breakaway was left to stand you can't nullify a stage when nobody has cheated!

If you pay for the game then it is a service and would expect better than a volunteer making up the rules as they go along.  14

First paragraph...point well made
Second paragraph ....bit of a personal dig but I can understand ur concern on the changing of the game rules but at least this time everyone has been treated as an equal and nobody is any worse off unless within the top 5 of the league they were within 100 points of each other and 1 out of the 5 picked a team and scored highly.

Playing devils advocate it would be interesting to see who entered a team and who didn't .....  39

Tom Amos | 9 years ago
0 likes

I think the mistake that has been made here is that the scores were published, then neutralized. I was excited to see I had several badges and then BOOM nul points.

As others have said above, it's not terribly important. The game will continue. I think it's unfortunate that this race was ever proposed to be scored in the middle of the Giro, arguably the greatest grand tour of the year. And, just to complicate matters, the Tour of California. I made a mental note all week to make sure I selected a team for Saturday because I didn't want to fall behind in the league table.

I see that the next race isn't for 77 days. Thank God for that huh?  4

Don't get too stressed Gkam. Forums are designed for venting and on the whole I think the roadcc forums are very civilised. I would be prepared to pay more for the competition to ensure that the scorers are paid a fee for their time. I think others have suggested this before.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Volunteers don't make up the rules....I got Dave to change the deadline and also got an OK from him to neutralise the stage  103

Aapje | 9 years ago
0 likes

I suggest sending a mail to all participants so those who don't check the forum know what happened.

Pages

Latest Comments