Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Womens World Cup-Tour of Chongming Island

39 Hmmmm Gkam, how's the start list looking for this one geezer?  39

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

138 comments

Owen Rogers | 9 years ago
0 likes

Don't think Lucy Garner is racing. Her team mate, Kirsten Wild is about all you need to know when it comes to this race. She's had excellent form all season and can get over some climbs, though there are none here. She won the first two stages of the stage race.
Same team as Kittel and as successful as him too.

Watch someone else go and win now.

NeilG83 replied to Owen Rogers | 9 years ago
0 likes
Owen Rogers wrote:

Don't think Lucy Garner is racing. Her team mate, Kirsten Wild is about all you need to know when it comes to this race. She's had excellent form all season and can get over some climbs, though there are none here. She won the first two stages of the stage race.
Same team as Kittel and as successful as him too.

Watch someone else go and win now.

It was a shame Giant-Shimano weren't in the Women's Tour. Wild would have given Vos a good battle in the sprints.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

This is the startlist, for your research.

I am loading it, but there are alot of new riders and teams to be put in.

http://women.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&editi...

mooleur | 9 years ago
0 likes

Note there's a world cup one day and a seperate stage race. There's a wikipedia page and everything.  13

VVV73 replied to mooleur | 9 years ago
0 likes
mooleur wrote:

Note there's a world cup one day and a seperate stage race. There's a wikipedia page and everything.  13

I have since found this on PCS, it is listed under CDM on circuits list, what ever that is.
http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Tour_of_Chongming_Island_World_Cup_2014

ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes

Confusion surrounding a Women's Race......never!!

ray silvester replied to ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Confusion surrounding a Women's Race......never!!

21  21  21  21

29  29  29  29

24  24  24  24

VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes

http://www.procyclingstats.com/race.php?id=139251

I am very confused. As our race starts on 17th May, and this tour is actually on at present from the 14th to 16th and no stages matching dist?

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

It seems like Orica aren't taking part in this race, no news on Rabo.

Still struggling with startlists because of the Chinese language, but should have a complete one just shortly.

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yes at first glance of the profile I thought it looked like a Roma Maxima or something, until I realised the scale!

My knowledge of women's sprinting is exactly the three you mention Mooleur - Bronzini I knew about, Garner I'd noticed do well this week, and you always pick Vos if she's riding, regardless of terrain! Beyond that I'm fairly clueless, but have looked at the results from the last couple of years, and will watch the results of the next three days with interest...

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

That's the one Chris, like a kids drawing of a dagger  1

There is the three day stage race and I think the line up will be almost identical, because of the location, you don't go bringing many spare riders, so I should get that all sorted out shortly.

mooleur | 9 years ago
0 likes

Note Rabo and Orica aren't on there yet but I'd keep an eye on that to be honest, also check out podiumcafe and prowomenscycling to see if there's any mentions of big team movements too.

0 likes

Not come across this race before, another reason to say thanks to Gkam and the rest for running this as I'm really enjoying learning more about women's racing. Found this link for the profile, which looks very flat (scroll down to the bottom). Mooleur - does that sound about right?
http://a905580650.oinsite.yh.mynet.cn/_d276636891.htm

Looks like there is a 3-day stage race starting tomorrow, and last year a few of the riders that did well in that went on to get a good result in the World Cup race. No Tour of Britain last year though.

And on the CF startlist - no Orica or Rabo - is that likely to be right?

mooleur replied to chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Not come across this race before, another reason to say thanks to Gkam and the rest for running this as I'm really enjoying learning more about women's racing. Found this link for the profile, which looks very flat (scroll down to the bottom). Mooleur - does that sound about right?
http://a905580650.oinsite.yh.mynet.cn/_d276636891.htm

Looks like there is a 3-day stage race starting tomorrow, and last year a few of the riders that did well in that went on to get a good result in the World Cup race. No Tour of Britain last year though.

And on the CF startlist - no Orica or Rabo - is that likely to be right?

Yep yep that's the ticket, it's an out and out sprinters race, podiums include Ina Yoko Teutenberg (who will be missed this year! She's retired) - and Giorgia Bronzini (my fav ever sprinter by miles!)

Interestingly Lucy Garner made a podium in last years stage race (theres a stage race and also a one dayer) - if she's riding it (sorry not checked list yet), her recent form in the women's tour will make for an interesting performance from her.

It's an exciting one despite the parcours looking relatively flat/uneventful. It's also a big player in the world cup and the likes of Vos will be gunning for it for points.

mooleur | 9 years ago
0 likes

Love this race! <3

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

Nice one Gkam cheers  16

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I no speak Chinese and google translate aint much use either, I have a provisional, which is slightly better than cycling fever, was going to get them in this arvo. So will go with CF's

0 likes

There's an unofficial, almost-complete startlist on Cycling Fever if anyone wants to start mulling it over, but not seen anything official yet...

Pages

Latest Comments