Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Womens World Cup-Tour of Chongming Island

39 Hmmmm Gkam, how's the start list looking for this one geezer?  39

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

138 comments

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

You have chosen to come into the thread and make it known you knew about the deadline being wrong, that is why you are being asked why you didn't tell anyone.

No-one is blaming you, I am the one who set it up wrong months ago.

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I wasn't blaming you, I was just asking how come you didn't try to inform anyone. If I noticed something a miss, a post on the forum wouldn't go a miss then it could have been picked up. Just seems an odd thing to come on here saying I noticed it but didn't bother trying to make it right. How does interest come into this, If you noticed an error, you noticed an error.

Are you saying that all the players that submitted a team noticed? I submitted a team but did it the other day, and didn't even look at the deadline, just knew it was on the 18th so made the changes, same as im guessing a lot of people did.

Nix | 9 years ago
0 likes

A couple of thank yous from me:

Thanks to organisers for including WWC this year. I've found it interesting and a good way to learn more about what is happening in women's cycling. It would have been good to have Womens Tour of UK as well, but can't have everything in first year.

Thanks to organisers for fessing up to source of lockout error and advising everyone. Also for making a decision about what to do in response.

I missed the lockout as I went by time on fantasy site. But to be honest wouldn't have cared if points counted or stage neutralised or something else. It's only a game for me.

cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes

207 points for me... I imagine the winner of the stage will have gotten something like 225 or so...
Neutralizing the stage seems like a good idea to me, considering... what bothers me is that I completely forgot to make transfers for the last TOC stage  102

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

Its been a mistake and mistakes happen. Its not the end of the world and as a lot of people have said "its only a game". I missed the comp completely due to not looking at when the next race was regardless of cut off times etc.

As for the stage prize, just send it to the person that won but still keep the stage neutralized at least then they have got something for their efforts.

Perhaps in the future, due to the fact that the womens races are miles apart, an email could be sent out reminding people of when it starts and the cut off times can then be checked for accuracy, just a thought  4

nikdavy | 9 years ago
0 likes

Wow, strikes me that some people are having a serious sense of humour bypass here. Guys, the clue is in the name - FANTASY not REAL. Whether I come 1st or 100th isn't going to change my life, and I'd like to wager it won't change anyone else's either.

Dave, Gkam & the rest do an amazing job putting this game together for us all, and it has made me pay closer attention to some of Cav's 'sh*t small races' and now women's racing too which has been great. So to you two and the rest of the team, thanks so much. People are very quick to get on their backs for the tiniest little thing, but of course, I'm assuming that all those tipping out the vitriol have never made a mistake in their lives, so have every right to be self-righteous and hyper-critical... Being that smart, I'm sure they know where they can go if they don't like it.

Personally, I'd have had a decent score, but I shrugged my shoulders, got on my bike and went out for a real actual ride with my mates in the sun. To me, that's what it's all about.

Thanks loads to the Fantasy League team and please do keep up the great work.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

cgipryan, seeing your name there, yes I believe it was you. I think you won by 3 points  3

Armchair Cyclist : I am sorry I made that remake about the smiley, I had a long day of answering posts on here regarding the stage and you came on to say you had noticed, but hadn't thought to mention it to anyone. Kinda just got my goat up.

So I am sorry.

It is not yours or anyone who plays the games responsibility to spot errors, but if you come across one, it would be nice just to give one of us a shout, even if you are unsure about it being an error and that way, we can correct it in time and nothing like this happens again.

Mistakes will happen, it is the nature of cycling racing that things change last minute at races. We try and get everything right, but sometimes, small errors slip through the cracks.

If in the future ANYONE comes across what they think to be an error, please, give one of us a shout.

dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes

i'll be putting in the ability to report a stage deadline if you think it's wrong, and also a back-end system to make sure they're double checked

northstar | 9 years ago
0 likes

And once again the real problem hasn't been addressed, same old bullshit.

Could gkam and his army of asskissers be any more arrogant?

They fuck up and then they have the cheek to try and blame people who are not responsible for their fuck up!

They really don't want people to sign up again do they? LOL.

pathetic, this so called game / service is beyond a joke, cheating is condoned and encouraged and when they fuck up it's never their fault.

viveLaPants | 9 years ago
0 likes

Only just seen this. Oh well never mind, it's only a game and people are good enough to spend time on it so we can't really complain.

Why not from here on just have a blanket neutralising for any race that's been 'compromised' they way there can be no arguments. Seems silly bickering when everyone just wants a bit of added entertainment to a real life event.

One of the things I like about this years set up is the tabs of the forthcoming races - so theres not really an excuse for not getting teams in - unless theres no start list.

Is there a badge for lowest score in a stage, if not there should be. I want one, I think I'd have about 100 now  24

northstar | 9 years ago
0 likes

So as well as seemingly having cheaters help to run the "service" or game (and competing in it) we also have a incompetent help to run it, it seems?

cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes

So did I not win this one after all?

dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes

prizes don't get sent out until the end of the competition

cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thanks  4

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Give Dave an email, just to remind him.

Dave [at] road.cc

Armchair Cyclist replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

It is not my responsibility to make sure that something I have paid for avoids errors.

So you set it up wrong, did so months ago, and yet your response to the situation is that you want to send me an obscene gesture.
Please either explain how that is justified, or retract and apologise.

Armchair Cyclist replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Armchair Cyclist : I am sorry I made that remake about the smiley, I had a long day of answering posts on here regarding the stage and you came on to say you had noticed, but hadn't thought to mention it to anyone. Kinda just got my goat up.

So I am sorry.

Appreciated

Quote:

It is not yours or anyone who plays the games responsibility to spot errors, but if you come across one, it would be nice just to give one of us a shout, even if you are unsure about it being an error and that way, we can correct it in time and nothing like this happens again.

Mistakes will happen, it is the nature of cycling racing that things change last minute at races. We try and get everything right, but sometimes, small errors slip through the cracks.

If in the future ANYONE comes across what they think to be an error, please, give one of us a shout.

I can't remember what time it was on Saturday night when I posted my team: I suspect sometime around midnight. I was simply aware that despite the published deadline, it evidently did not sit correctly with the time of the race, and I should not wait and post an entry on Sunday morning. Would there have been anyone ready and available to make alterations at midnight on Saturday night? I suspect not. The relevant forum does not link instinctively and immediately from the game pages.

I would argue that any who legitimately entered a team in good time for the event should have their score included: they made appropriate input, they should get appropriate reward. I would invite you to put the matter to a vote.

VVV73 replied to dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

i'll be putting in the ability to report a stage deadline if you think it's wrong, and also a back-end system to make sure they're double checked

How about even if you do change a deadline create a BOLD HEADING THREAD in forum NOTIFING us pls  1
My crystal ball isn't working so well lately.
 35 Would be much appreciated .
Thank You.

cgipryan replied to dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes
cgipryan wrote:

Dave Atkinson wrote:

Just saw that the WWC tab is no longer there, so I thought I might ask the same question as before: did I finally win the controversial stage in China where the results got neutralised?  38 And if I did, do I get a form to claim my glasses?  4

cgipryan replied to cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes
cgipryan wrote:
cgipryan wrote:

Dave Atkinson wrote:

Just saw that the WWC tab is no longer there, so I thought I might ask the same question as before: did I finally win the controversial stage in China where the results got neutralised?  38 And if I did, do I get a form to claim my glasses?  4

Well? Any answer?  105

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

I had scored 171 but I totally understand your decision Gkam  41 after all the womens fantasy section is really an experiment  39

STEVESPRO 79 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Correct decision in my opinion and I did OK with my first draft of picks but was miffed when I was unable to tweak it....

Tom Amos | 9 years ago
0 likes

I did really well so am a bit miffed to learn the whole race has been neutralized. I didn't have any problem in choosing a team. All the leading riders were on the selection list.

I'm going to say something now which will be criticised but needs to be said. Get rid of the women's competition in fantasy cycling. I have no interest in the races, don't watch them (is it even possible to watch them on tv?) and I don't care who wins.

A shambles which proves that these races shouldn't be in the competition.

rcorbin | 9 years ago
0 likes

Awful decision!!

Since Dave passed over to the forum members, the game has been shambolic ever since.

Because I did some research and knew the start times, I'm penalised because others are moaning they missed the deadline!!

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

It is nothing to do with womens racing nor other members moaning because they missed the deadline.

I had it set 12 hours to far in front, it was my fault. Alot of teams were caught out when I did the scoring. The only fair thing to do was give everyone 0

STEVESPRO 79 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Totally agree with rcorbin about the fact that the game is not as sleek as it once was since other people have got involved in the admin side...
I also agree with Tom Amos and his comments about the womens races having no part in the game... The coverage is not there, so bin them...
I can see your grievance rcorbin, in having done the research and then having the result nullified. However its a paid for service and we should not have to research start times for races... I have no interest in Womens Cycling but put a team in for the season points total, but I am not going to research womens cycling at length and I expect the admin to input the correct info...
In this case it wasn`t and so it was not a level playing field and so a nullification of the result seems to be the fair outcome....
But yes these mistakes are happening much too often for a paid for service....

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

You view the game as a service....wow

northstar | 9 years ago
0 likes

Very well said, gkam has a laughable attitude, yes the game is a service which people pay for...

If you fucked up the deadline points should still be given.

Awaits bullshit response.

northstar | 9 years ago
0 likes

Giving them "breaks" has led to one of them thinking he can cheat and do what the hell he likes

He is a law unto himself it seems.

Think before you type sand stop kissing ass.

Awaits more bullshit.

NeilG83 | 9 years ago
0 likes

It's the lack of consistency that annoys me (and that I would have scored quite well). When there were problems with deadlines in the spring classics people with complaints were told to lump it and the race was scored as normal. Those who took advantage of the mistakes were even congratulated by some on the forum. Also a rider was left off the start list of the Tour of California and the stage was scored as normal.

Please score the stage.

Pages

Latest Comments