Tour of California stage 2

by Joelsim   May 12, 2014  

Looking forward to this but am starting with a 50 point penalty. Ha ha ha ha ha.

48 user comments

Latest 30 commentsNewest firstBest ratedAll

I went for Zirbel over Howson, it was pretty much 50-50, we shall see...

chrisdstripes's picture

posted by chrisdstripes [1540 posts]
12th May 2014 - 21:23

like this
Like (5)

Howson goes in 10 mins

I'll be watching with interest.

posted by Joelsim [963 posts]
12th May 2014 - 21:33

like this
Like (4)

Went for Howson, and I think Craddock comes in tomorrow but I don't think he'll place highly enough today. And I was just short in points to get him anyway without sacrificing cav.

Howson may be leader in da yoot competition by tonight. Hence picking over zirbel

posted by Twybaydos [272 posts]
12th May 2014 - 21:36

like this
Like (3)

Went for Howson as well. Dennis, Wiggins, Phinney, Terpstra and Sergent all present and correct too.

Was sore tempted by Craddock but I stuck with Terpstra, on account of this will probably be the one stage he'll get the chance to shine in this race.

I won't pick Busche on the entirely legitimate grounds that he pronounces his surname "Boo-shay". That'll learn 'im.

Ghedebrav's picture

posted by Ghedebrav [1027 posts]
12th May 2014 - 21:45

like this
Like (5)

Yes I didn't go Howson, but I didn't want to make 2 penalties, plus I don't see much value in him tomorrow. As for Craddock, see him much more for tomorrow, but he is no slouch in the ITT and could easily top 10, and also be in contention for some YR points.

Back to Howson, yes I recognise his ability, and if you just got me to pick 9 riders he would be in, but I don't see him breaking the top 5.

I see the top 4 being Phinney, Dennis, Sergent and Wiggins

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3785 posts]
12th May 2014 - 22:03

like this
Like (3)

Ghedebrav wrote:

I won't pick Busche on the entirely legitimate grounds that he pronounces his surname "Boo-shay". That'll learn 'im.

lol, thats like Mrs Bucket pronouncing it "boquet".

If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it. Gaius Julius Caesar.

stumps's picture

posted by stumps [2675 posts]
12th May 2014 - 22:03

like this
Like (5)

I actually fancied Bobridge too but again saw no value in him tomorrow, so left him.

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3785 posts]
12th May 2014 - 22:10

like this
Like (2)

Howson 0.37 behind Dennis. 5th so far.

posted by Joelsim [963 posts]
12th May 2014 - 22:18

like this
Like (2)

Joelsim wrote:
Howson 0.37 behind Dennis. 5th so far.

May get away with a top 10 with that

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3785 posts]
12th May 2014 - 22:26

like this
Like (2)

stumps wrote:
Ghedebrav wrote:

I won't pick Busche on the entirely legitimate grounds that he pronounces his surname "Boo-shay". That'll learn 'im.

lol, thats like Mrs Bucket pronouncing it "boquet".

His real 1st name is Bobby and he lives in the bayou with his mama producing fine quality H2O for the college football team!! Laughing

'Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you'

livestrongnick's picture

posted by livestrongnick [1706 posts]
12th May 2014 - 23:01

like this
Like (3)

1,2,3,5.....not gonna be the best, but shouldn't loose out too badly.

Let down by Craddock, and hoped for a little better from Tvetcov. also a little disappointed by Stetina

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3785 posts]
12th May 2014 - 23:33

like this
Like (3)

TERatcliffe26 wrote:
1,2,3,5.....not gonna be the best, but shouldn't loose out too badly.

Let down by Craddock, and hoped for a little better from Tvetcov. also a little disappointed by Stetina

Same and Zirbel too feel could have been better. Disappointed with Terpstra, doesn't look like he tried very hard. I would be very surprised if anyone had Turel in their team.......

posted by stevemarks [404 posts]
12th May 2014 - 23:38

like this
Like (3)

1,2,3,11 and team bonus

'Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you'

livestrongnick's picture

posted by livestrongnick [1706 posts]
12th May 2014 - 23:42

like this
Like (2)

I think Craddock will be in the YR Jersey though, so he will score 13 points I think if noone else beats him, which won't be too bad. 7 scorers as Cav will get some points.

Will just be 10 points for Zirbel

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3785 posts]
12th May 2014 - 23:44

like this
Like (3)

TERatcliffe26 wrote:
I think Craddock will be in the YR Jersey though, so he will score 13 points I think if noone else beats him, which won't be too bad. 7 scorers as Cav will get some points.

Will just be 10 points for Zirbel

Dennis will surely have the YR jersey?

posted by stevemarks [404 posts]
12th May 2014 - 23:48

like this
Like (2)

Dennis is too old, its only riders under 23

whereas GT's include riders up to the age of 25

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3785 posts]
12th May 2014 - 23:53

like this
Like (3)

TERatcliffe26 wrote:
I think Craddock will be in the YR Jersey though, so he will score 13 points I think if noone else beats him, which won't be too bad. 7 scorers as Cav will get some points.

Will just be 10 points for Zirbel

Dennis will surely have the YR jersey?

Would appear he is too old at 23.

posted by stevemarks [404 posts]
12th May 2014 - 23:53

like this
Like (3)

Zirbel will score 11 points.

Howsen in the end will get 5 points as he is 2nd in YR

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3785 posts]
12th May 2014 - 23:56

like this
Like (2)

Going to bed happy with 1,2,3,5,11,12 only 20 pens and a few points for Bolivar too. cannot see where Turel's ride came from, but good luck to him. More penalties in the coming days, a real tactical race this one.

Good night

posted by stevemarks [404 posts]
13th May 2014 - 0:00

like this
Like (3)

1,2,3,5,11 - terpstra the only mistake, better than usual for a tt for me. Normally I don't pick terpstra and he rides well, so thought I'd squeeze him in, more's the pity.

chrisdstripes's picture

posted by chrisdstripes [1540 posts]
13th May 2014 - 0:02

like this
Like (3)

Hmmm, Dennis is 21 according to the stats. 23 on PCS.

Too old.

posted by Joelsim [963 posts]
13th May 2014 - 0:03

like this
Like (3)

1,2,3,5,11,12.

Boom, what a chump.

posted by Joelsim [963 posts]
13th May 2014 - 0:05

like this
Like (4)

Joelsim wrote:
Hmmm, Dennis is 21 according to the stats. 23 on PCS.

Too old.

Dennis is 100% 23

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3785 posts]
13th May 2014 - 0:11

like this
Like (4)

1,2,3,5,12,19,20 My 30 points of penalties yielded 17 points. Winning

posted by Twybaydos [272 posts]
13th May 2014 - 0:13

like this
Like (3)

The stats in the game have everyone 2 years younger than they are, I noticed that recently. Probably just not automatically updating.

chrisdstripes's picture

posted by chrisdstripes [1540 posts]
13th May 2014 - 0:29

like this
Like (3)

Joelsim wrote:
1,2,3,5,11,12.

Boom, what a chump.


WTF happen to Boom, GRRRRRRRRRR lol
I had Tereul in my team at one stage too Sad
Terps would have hurt a few too.
I knew it was too long for terps

Waaaa Waaaaa !

VVV73's picture

posted by VVV73 [389 posts]
13th May 2014 - 5:32

like this
Like (3)

chrisdstripes wrote:
I went for Zirbel over Howson, it was pretty much 50-50, we shall see...

Fair Call and well done Smile
the First Stage I have fallen asleep in this year, doesn't happen often.
Think I burnt out early over the excitement Howson was debuting his senior ITT LOL......

Waaaa Waaaaa !

VVV73's picture

posted by VVV73 [389 posts]
13th May 2014 - 5:34

like this
Like (3)

TERatcliffe26 wrote:
Yes I didn't go Howson, but I didn't want to make 2 penalties, plus I don't see much value in him tomorrow. As for Craddock, see him much more for tomorrow, but he is no slouch in the ITT and could easily top 10, and also be in contention for some YR points.

Back to Howson, yes I recognise his ability, and if you just got me to pick 9 riders he would be in, but I don't see him breaking the top 5.

I see the top 4 being Phinney, Dennis, Sergent and Wiggins


Good call TERA, once again you have proven to me why your DA MAN...lol
love ya work.

Waaaa Waaaaa !

VVV73's picture

posted by VVV73 [389 posts]
13th May 2014 - 5:37

like this
Like (3)

TERatcliffe26 wrote:
I actually fancied Bobridge too but again saw no value in him tomorrow, so left him.

My mate Rangaedge all over BOBS, he loves him and TURBO Smile
Both have been world yth ITT champs. BOB 09' and Turbo 11'.
I remember one of them in a epic battle with Taylor, once...nose for nose

Waaaa Waaaaa !

VVV73's picture

posted by VVV73 [389 posts]
13th May 2014 - 5:55

like this
Like (4)

1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 12, 16.....And the double dutch flop of Boom and Terpstra....

stevespro

STEVESPRO 79's picture

posted by STEVESPRO 79 [481 posts]
13th May 2014 - 12:22

like this
Like (4)