Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

diy bike food

made some date and nut energy bars the other week using the "hungry cyclist's' recipe (http://www.thehungrycyclist.com/blog/cycling-recipes/).
have only managed a couple of rides in the past week and of no significant length (30/40 miles) so they haven't really been put through a good test, but they are tasty and make an excellent on road snack..
and so far i reckon they work out about 30/40p each.
so all in all good stuff...anyone else know of some good recipes?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

theloafer | 13 years ago
0 likes
Jonty79 | 13 years ago
0 likes

After spending a fortune on energy drinks I decided to make my own:

1 part OJ (makes no difference apart to price if pure or concentate) to 3 - 4 parts of water and add about a pinch of salt per litre to replace what you loose through sweat.

johnnyratcliffe | 13 years ago
0 likes

Lovely, made these this week- much better than the £1 plus bars in the shops which are basically a flattened version of this.

Fringe replied to johnnyratcliffe | 13 years ago
0 likes
johnnyratcliffe wrote:

Lovely, made these this week- much better than the £1 plus bars in the shops which are basically a flattened version of this.

last lot i made i substituted the dates for figs and added some grated chocolate (70% cocoa solids stuff).. not bad and far to easy to eat!

Fringe | 14 years ago
0 likes

yep they are, and the dont need any cooking either  4

Jon Burrage | 14 years ago
0 likes

Fringe, morning...I will try that myself, they look tasty.

I used to make some apple and cinnamon ones with oats, honey, wheatgerm etc...tasty but far too moreish!

Latest Comments