Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of California stage 1 sacramento circuit

4 men trying to get away

1:10
Leezer
Bolivar
Planet
Hart

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

37 comments

Joelsim replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes
VVV73 wrote:

Wig_Billy does get some unbelievably good scores, but in this case he was helped by picking Van Poppel, who wasn't included in Road.cc start list. To do well in the game some extra research is needed but it should be expected that the start list is right. I think a lot of players would have picked Van Poppel and got close to or beaten Wig_Billy's score.

Yeah I was aware of the DVP situation.
I watch just about every telecasted stage of the year. Still trying to adapt my knowledge to fantasy play. Finding right balance etc.
I was just very impressed the way he found all the budget team sprinters etc. I knew a few, but I am targeting TT and GC riders. Paris-Nice seems to be my race, 2 in Purist this year 4th in standard last year lol.

There are a few great players on here I have been watching for quite awhile. TERA, RAY, CYGRYAN, WIGGY, DR H , JOEL, first few that come to mind...Sorry if I missed anyone.
Enjoying the cycling banter, me and mate Rangaedge are huge cycling fans(hard to find in QLD Australia).
I hope to in the future, take 12 months off and travel the UCI world circuit and maybe do some fundraising on journey for cancer. Already got a few friends place around world teed up and other mate sponsors aussie female rider Carly Taylor(hence she is always in my fant team.lol)
anyway WELL DONE WIGGY A.K.A. "THE FREAK"

P.s.
I would love to be apprentice to one of the above players and chat online and share some knowledge. I have great knowledge of Aussie Neo Pro riders coming thru. One Tonight, and another real good one in later half of year.[/quote]

Appreciate the mention, but there is still a way to go before I am in the league of some of these managers. Hopefully before the end of the season I will have learned a bit more ahead of next season.

Bloody great game though!

simon F | 9 years ago
0 likes

Fair enough. I'll just wait and see.

simon F | 9 years ago
0 likes

Looking at the ATOC site, it looks like the sprints jersey is actually a points jersey - sprints and finish line combined so TG-H probably isn't in there.
The mistake does appear to be on the ATOC site which I compounded by believing it. The scores are probably OK after all. Sorry for the noise.

cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes

Wig Billy is leading in both comps at the moment (Giro and TOC)... I think we have a doper in our midst... jealousy aside, that might be a premiere, so congrats!

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Impressive stuff!

TERatcliffe26 replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

The UCI don't have a sprints jersey, just a points. Which looks like this

1 Mark CAVENDISH GBR OPQ 29 15
2 John DEGENKOLB GER GIA 25 12
3 Thomas LEEZER NED BEL 29 10
4 Moreno HOFLAND NED BEL 23 10
5 Peter SAGAN SVK CAN 24 7

So I've asked that the Cali site be updated and will await that before changing any scores  3

This is how the sprints jersey looks, they call it the sprints jersey but combines both sprints and finish line as I put in the notes, which is why Leezer is up there, but most are from the finish line. It looks heavily weighted towards the finish line, however the initial breakaway did not contest the final sprint. Sorry for any confusion on my part

simon F replied to TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Sorry for any confusion on my part

I think the confusion was caused by me (and ATOC's website). The results were correct in the game.

Pages

Latest Comments