Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro D'Italia Stage 3

Another bunch sprint beckons before the rest day. Most teams will be very similar so some high scores all round unless there's an upset from a breakaway but i cant see it happening to be honest.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

52 comments

arsene | 9 years ago
0 likes

Tjallingi 10 pts short.  7

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

He's on 27 points now, which is correct.

paulypops | 9 years ago
0 likes

Nor sure if anyone else is seeing this, but for some reason since stage three was updated when i look at the purist league my teams score does not include yesterdays stage (it shows correctly within my team page), I asked my partner to check her team and hers seems ok. So it isn't happening to everyone.

Ghedebrav replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:
rcorbin wrote:

1,2,3,5,7,9,11,16 for me

Can't really see anything else until Friday so no need to change anything, already have 7 transfers!!

You're keeping sprinters until Friday?

I wouldn't! Well, maybe one or two of the punchy ones, but neither stage five nor six will come down to a sprint (in my view anyway).

Both look tailor-made for the heroic breakaway win, which basically means I have no idea who to pick for them.  39

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yer, I hate those stages

arsene replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

Well Kittel is still 10 pts short for stage 2. If Tjallingi received the points for the combativity award, Kittel should too...

dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes

On combativity we're scoring the fuga pinarello, not the fighting spirit. Tjallingi won it on stage 2 and stage 3

dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes

i scored the wrong one yesterday by mistake, it's now been updated

Joelsim replied to arsene | 9 years ago
0 likes
arsene wrote:
Joelsim wrote:

Well Kittel is still 10 pts short for stage 2. If Tjallingi received the points for the combativity award, Kittel should too...

How do you work that out? He got 50 points in stage 2.

Win 35
Points 5
Combativity 10

Edit: weird, he now is only showing 40 on the graph.

Edit 2: my team got 170 yesterday, but is now showing 160

What's going on?

Alan Tullett replied to dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

i scored the wrong one yesterday by mistake, it's now been updated

Ooh! If I'd known that yesterday I would have put in Tjallingi instead of Chicchi!!

paulypops | 9 years ago
0 likes

Maybe it was the update of stage two that has broken the purist league for me by taking out my stage two score?

arsene replied to dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

On combativity we're scoring the fuga pinarello, not the fighting spirit. Tjallingi won it on stage 2 and stage 3

That's fair, but personally I'd think the Premio Combattività would be more fitting because it's literally the combativity award.  39

Alan Tullett | 9 years ago
0 likes

And I would have won the stage with him as well, by 1 point!

Alan Tullett | 9 years ago
0 likes

I think the scoring information for each stage should be updated to make it clear the Fuga Pinarello is being scored not the Combativity prize as the definition in the scoring info and Kittel's score yesterday indicated that was the one being scored. I don't care which one is scored or even if both are as they're both part of the Giro, but it should be clear to every player of the game, not just those who follow or contribute to the forum, which one is being scored.

Ghedebrav replied to Alan Tullett | 9 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

I think the scoring information for each stage should be updated to make it clear the Fuga Pinarello is being scored not the Combativity prize as the definition in the scoring info and Kittel's score yesterday indicated that was the one being scored. I don't care which one is scored or even if both are as they're both part of the Giro, but it should be clear to every player of the game, not just those who follow or contribute to the forum, which one is being scored.

I agree.

dave atkinson replied to arsene | 9 years ago
0 likes
arsene wrote:
Dave Atkinson wrote:

That's fair, but personally I'd think the Premio Combattività would be more fitting because it's literally the combativity award.  39

it literally translates as the combativity award, certainly. that's not the same thing though.

dave atkinson replied to Alan Tullett | 9 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

done, i've also queued up an email

enrique replied to dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

Yay!  1 You learn so much (!) here!  41 I didn't know there were 2 so similarly 'worded'  39 or 'spririted'  39 awards (!). It's kind of cool, too, that they actually monitor the kilometers a rider is out on breaks! Thaks, Dave!  4

Tjallingi really (!) put on a show on both stages(!). This game rocks!  41 Thanks (!)...  4

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

The reason I pulled this up with Dave after doing the scores today, the Premio Combattività does mean combative, but it also included the intermediate (which we score) the climb (which we score) and the finish (which we also score). So it seems a bit crap to just give another bonus to the stage winner everyday.

The Fuga is basically what the the combat jersey is in other tours, the guy that stays away the longest.

Fuga
The Fuga Pinarello prize is to reward an attacking rider, namely those who go in a breakaway and refuse to give up. The leader of the classification shall be the rider who has accrued the higher number of breakaway kilometres.

Fighting spirit
Each day points go to the first rider at the intermediate sprint, at the top of a climb and the finish too. A separate prize goes to the rider to get the most points from this daily combination, the combative prize.

enrique replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

The reason I pulled this up with Dave...

I'm glad you did...

No more...

enrique wrote:

... Kittel... getting all the kisses at the end of the day...

Not in this game! No, siree!  36 Thank you!  1

simon F | 9 years ago
0 likes

Personally, I think combative should mean combative. Escape is something different. The combativity didn't go to the stage winner today - and if the break goes to the end, you're just going to wind up giving extra points to the stage winner anyway.
Also, combative doesn't necessarily mean km's in the break in other races - can be decided by jury, or by other criteria - it's up to the organisers.
Having said all of which, it's an arbitrary decision to be made by the game organisers - I just don't see much point in trying to justify one choice or the other because there are perfectly good reasons to choose either one.

VVV73 replied to simon F | 9 years ago
0 likes

Would just like to say my thoughts were with Wouter Weylandt thru out this stage.

R.I.P WOUTER
You won't be forgotten.

Pages

Latest Comments