Giro D'Italia Stage 3

by stumps   May 11, 2014  

Another bunch sprint beckons before the rest day. Most teams will be very similar so some high scores all round unless there's an upset from a breakaway but i cant see it happening to be honest.

AttachmentSize
824687.jpg56.53 KB

51 user comments

Latest 30 commentsNewest firstBest ratedAll

1,2,3,5,7,9,11,16 for me

Can't really see anything else until Friday so no need to change anything, already have 7 transfers!!

posted by rcorbin [208 posts]
11th May 2014 - 17:43

like this
Like (2)

Joelsim wrote:
Tjallingii has won both KOMs and the intermediate sprint Big Grin

Plus top of the KOM classification, so 17 points for him today.

I was rather hoping he wouldn't take the intermediate sprint but Chicchi got 10 and has another chance on Tuesday when Tjallingi will only score 5 and can have a rest. Might have both later.

posted by Alan Tullett [1436 posts]
11th May 2014 - 18:02

like this
Like (1)

One of the few with Appollonio I think.

1-5, 7, 11, 16 plus Durbridge. Another full house! 2nd of the year, (although I don't have badges).

posted by Alan Tullett [1436 posts]
11th May 2014 - 18:10

like this
Like (2)

hmm, 1,2,3,7,9,12,16 standard. Some red arrows i think today.

If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it. Gaius Julius Caesar.

stumps's picture

posted by stumps [2706 posts]
11th May 2014 - 18:18

like this
Like (2)

rcorbin wrote:
1,2,3,5,7,9,11,16 for me

Can't really see anything else until Friday so no need to change anything, already have 7 transfers!!

You're keeping sprinters until Friday?

posted by Joelsim [1181 posts]
11th May 2014 - 18:18

like this
Like (2)

Why is Tjallingii only down for 17 points?

5 pts for KOM leader
6 pts for 2 KOMs on the stage
6 pts for winning the intermediate sprint
10 pts for most combative as per the official website

That's 27 points

posted by Joelsim [1181 posts]
11th May 2014 - 18:24

like this
Like (1)

1,2,3,4,5,16,17 and Tjallingii. I brought in Appollonio.

One short of a full house Sad

196 out of a possible 218 points

Best result ever Big Grin

Just need to find a good replacement for Landa. Think I'll leave everyone else where they are for the moment.

Edit: Even better after the update another 10 points for Tjallingii, so now 206 out of possible 228 Big Grin Big Grin

Did Nightrider 2013 for Parkinson's UK, doing it again this year just for the fun of it and to raise more money.

jova54's picture

posted by jova54 [604 posts]
11th May 2014 - 18:48

like this
Like (3)

jova54 wrote:
1,2,3,4,5,16,17 and Tjallingii. I brought in Appollonio.

One short of a full house Sad

196 out of a possible 218 points

Best result ever Big Grin

Just need to find a good replacement for Landa. Think I'll leave everyone else where they are for the moment.

Edit: Even better after the update another 10 points for Tjallingii, so now 206 out of possible 228 Big Grin Big Grin

Nice one. I'm in the Giro top 10 overall. Well chuffed.

posted by Joelsim [1181 posts]
11th May 2014 - 18:54

like this
Like (1)

Tjallingi 10 pts short. Confused

posted by arsene [217 posts]
11th May 2014 - 19:24

like this
Like (2)

He's on 27 points now, which is correct.

posted by Joelsim [1181 posts]
11th May 2014 - 19:27

like this
Like (1)

Nor sure if anyone else is seeing this, but for some reason since stage three was updated when i look at the purist league my teams score does not include yesterdays stage (it shows correctly within my team page), I asked my partner to check her team and hers seems ok. So it isn't happening to everyone.

posted by paulypops [4 posts]
11th May 2014 - 19:37

like this
Like (2)

Joelsim wrote:
rcorbin wrote:
1,2,3,5,7,9,11,16 for me

Can't really see anything else until Friday so no need to change anything, already have 7 transfers!!

You're keeping sprinters until Friday?

I wouldn't! Well, maybe one or two of the punchy ones, but neither stage five nor six will come down to a sprint (in my view anyway).

Both look tailor-made for the heroic breakaway win, which basically means I have no idea who to pick for them. Thinking

Ghedebrav's picture

posted by Ghedebrav [1091 posts]
11th May 2014 - 19:38

like this
Like (1)

Yer, I hate those stages

posted by Joelsim [1181 posts]
11th May 2014 - 19:42

like this
Like (0)

Joelsim wrote:
He's on 27 points now, which is correct.
Well Kittel is still 10 pts short for stage 2. If Tjallingi received the points for the combativity award, Kittel should too...

posted by arsene [217 posts]
11th May 2014 - 19:42

like this
Like (1)

On combativity we're scoring the fuga pinarello, not the fighting spirit. Tjallingi won it on stage 2 and stage 3

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7316 posts]
11th May 2014 - 20:04

like this
Like (2)

i scored the wrong one yesterday by mistake, it's now been updated

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7316 posts]
11th May 2014 - 20:05

like this
Like (2)

arsene wrote:
Joelsim wrote:
He's on 27 points now, which is correct.
Well Kittel is still 10 pts short for stage 2. If Tjallingi received the points for the combativity award, Kittel should too...

How do you work that out? He got 50 points in stage 2.

Win 35
Points 5
Combativity 10

Edit: weird, he now is only showing 40 on the graph.

Edit 2: my team got 170 yesterday, but is now showing 160

What's going on?

posted by Joelsim [1181 posts]
11th May 2014 - 20:05

like this
Like (1)

Dave Atkinson wrote:
i scored the wrong one yesterday by mistake, it's now been updated

Ooh! If I'd known that yesterday I would have put in Tjallingi instead of Chicchi!!

posted by Alan Tullett [1436 posts]
11th May 2014 - 20:09

like this
Like (1)

Maybe it was the update of stage two that has broken the purist league for me by taking out my stage two score?

posted by paulypops [4 posts]
11th May 2014 - 20:09

like this
Like (2)

Dave Atkinson wrote:
On combativity we're scoring the fuga pinarello, not the fighting spirit. Tjallingi won it on stage 2 and stage 3

That's fair, but personally I'd think the Premio Combattività would be more fitting because it's literally the combativity award. Thinking

posted by arsene [217 posts]
11th May 2014 - 20:10

like this
Like (2)

And I would have won the stage with him as well, by 1 point!

posted by Alan Tullett [1436 posts]
11th May 2014 - 20:12

like this
Like (2)

I think the scoring information for each stage should be updated to make it clear the Fuga Pinarello is being scored not the Combativity prize as the definition in the scoring info and Kittel's score yesterday indicated that was the one being scored. I don't care which one is scored or even if both are as they're both part of the Giro, but it should be clear to every player of the game, not just those who follow or contribute to the forum, which one is being scored.

posted by Alan Tullett [1436 posts]
11th May 2014 - 20:40

like this
Like (3)

Alan Tullett wrote:
I think the scoring information for each stage should be updated to make it clear the Fuga Pinarello is being scored not the Combativity prize as the definition in the scoring info and Kittel's score yesterday indicated that was the one being scored. I don't care which one is scored or even if both are as they're both part of the Giro, but it should be clear to every player of the game, not just those who follow or contribute to the forum, which one is being scored.

I agree.

Ghedebrav's picture

posted by Ghedebrav [1091 posts]
11th May 2014 - 21:06

like this
Like (1)

arsene wrote:
Dave Atkinson wrote:
On combativity we're scoring the fuga pinarello, not the fighting spirit. Tjallingi won it on stage 2 and stage 3

That's fair, but personally I'd think the Premio Combattività would be more fitting because it's literally the combativity award. Thinking

it literally translates as the combativity award, certainly. that's not the same thing though.

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7316 posts]
11th May 2014 - 22:02

like this
Like (1)

Alan Tullett wrote:
I think the scoring information for each stage should be updated to make it clear the Fuga Pinarello is being scored not the Combativity prize as the definition in the scoring info and Kittel's score yesterday indicated that was the one being scored. I don't care which one is scored or even if both are as they're both part of the Giro, but it should be clear to every player of the game, not just those who follow or contribute to the forum, which one is being scored.

done, i've also queued up an email

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7316 posts]
11th May 2014 - 22:08

like this
Like (0)

Dave Atkinson wrote:
On combativity we're scoring the fuga pinarello, not the fighting spirit. Tjallingi won it on stage 2 and stage 3

Yay! Smile You learn so much (!) here! Applause I didn't know there were 2 so similarly 'worded' Thinking or 'spririted' Thinking awards (!). It's kind of cool, too, that they actually monitor the kilometers a rider is out on breaks! Thaks, Dave! Big Grin

Tjallingi really (!) put on a show on both stages(!). This game rocks! Applause Thanks (!)... Big Grin

PV 1.png

Vive Le Road.cc Fantasy Cycling Game!

posted by enrique [1724 posts]
11th May 2014 - 23:06

like this
Like (0)

The reason I pulled this up with Dave after doing the scores today, the Premio Combattività does mean combative, but it also included the intermediate (which we score) the climb (which we score) and the finish (which we also score). So it seems a bit crap to just give another bonus to the stage winner everyday.

The Fuga is basically what the the combat jersey is in other tours, the guy that stays away the longest.

Fuga
The Fuga Pinarello prize is to reward an attacking rider, namely those who go in a breakaway and refuse to give up. The leader of the classification shall be the rider who has accrued the higher number of breakaway kilometres.

Fighting spirit
Each day points go to the first rider at the intermediate sprint, at the top of a climb and the finish too. A separate prize goes to the rider to get the most points from this daily combination, the combative prize.

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8825 posts]
11th May 2014 - 23:17

like this
Like (2)

Gkam84 wrote:
The reason I pulled this up with Dave...
I'm glad you did...

No more...

enrique wrote:
... Kittel... getting all the kisses at the end of the day...

Not in this game! No, siree! Party Thank you! Smile

Vive Le Road.cc Fantasy Cycling Game!

posted by enrique [1724 posts]
12th May 2014 - 0:19

like this
Like (1)

Personally, I think combative should mean combative. Escape is something different. The combativity didn't go to the stage winner today - and if the break goes to the end, you're just going to wind up giving extra points to the stage winner anyway.
Also, combative doesn't necessarily mean km's in the break in other races - can be decided by jury, or by other criteria - it's up to the organisers.
Having said all of which, it's an arbitrary decision to be made by the game organisers - I just don't see much point in trying to justify one choice or the other because there are perfectly good reasons to choose either one.

posted by simon F [990 posts]
12th May 2014 - 0:27

like this
Like (2)

Would just like to say my thoughts were with Wouter Weylandt thru out this stage.

R.I.P WOUTER
You won't be forgotten.

Waaaa Waaaaa !

VVV73's picture

posted by VVV73 [391 posts]
12th May 2014 - 6:57

like this
Like (1)