Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Now I understand why.

During my commute home from work, approx 48 mins ago. I finally understood all the problems that we suffer with from 'thumb up ass, I am the only person on the road drivers' how did that happen? We'll allow me to continue.
I was riding down a very straight road with at least a mile of visibility in front of me, car coming towards me on the opposite side as it should be, the car is less than 50m from me and I hear it, engine over rev and yes... Squeezing through way to close, I shout the C word at the top of my voice. Then I realise, over took on double white lines (close to traffic lights) I next noticed as they fluffed the gear, phone hooked into left shoulder and the piece de resistance.... A costa coffee in the right hand on top of the wheel.......Then I noticed after my second bellowing of the C word that the vehicle was adourned with..... Company logos......YES, it was a driving instructor, well where do you go from there? I was going to post the company (a local one) on here. However I have the address and I am going to go and challenge him about his behaviour as a so called Driving instructor.
What hope do new drivers have of ever understanding driver awareness if you have C##cks like that teaching them!
I really wish I had had a helmcam.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

parksey | 9 years ago
0 likes

Passed a driving instructor on the motorway the day before yesterday (national school named after a colour, rhymes with "bed"), one hand out the window holding a fag, drinking a can of something-or-other with the other hand. Made a mental note not to let anyone I know learn to drive with them.

Hardly surprised though at the quality of instructors with this particular school, given they spam adverts on daytime TV as often as the likes of Wonga or any of these PPI/personal injury claims firms...

gthornton101 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I too have seen a couple of driving instructors driving whilst on their phones... unbelievable really.

bikebot | 9 years ago
0 likes

Many driving instructors are no better than any other driver.

I went through a few back when I was learning to drive as my driving school went bust just before my first test! The difference in quality between them was amazing, and I was lucky that in the end I got someone who was brilliant.

The _Kaner | 9 years ago
0 likes

This week, whilst driving home, I too encountered one such 'Driving Instructor'...
Hands/fingers interlocked behind head whilst stretching at one point... attempting to steer and change gear with god knows what part of his anatomy...
stuck on a country road behind him for several kms, he decided that he could spare his right hand for some hand surfing out a partially closed window...and then piece de resistance... a coffee cup appeared in his left hand...
It was all I could do to stop myself running him into a ditch...or phoning him up for a fake lesson (not affiliated with a large company)....

Daveyraveygravey | 9 years ago
0 likes

I drop the C-word way too often (I wish I could stop myself or tone it down!) when someone drives by with their head up their arse, but always thank those wait for me to get to a wider bit of road or give me a wide berth.

notfastenough | 9 years ago
0 likes

Just look at the adverts you see to become an instructor - they have the distinct air of just inviting anyone with a license to complete a course. I suspect the course focuses on teaching more than on the actual driving skill of the instructor-to-be.

I was given loads of room by a student under instruction a little while ago, I had hoped to catch them at the lights and thank them (bit of positive reinforcement doesn't do any harm), but it didn't happen.

Cyclist | 9 years ago
0 likes

Good advice thanks, I will. Left it a day or two to calm down.

downfader | 9 years ago
0 likes

Go to his address but dont bang on the door. Instead take the reg, the ADI number from his sticker that should be clearly displayed in the window (pink of green iirc depending on whether he's an examiner)

..then phone the official body in charge:
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/driver-and-vehicle-standards...

therevokid | 9 years ago
0 likes

make an official complaint too .... instructors are registered (or should be !!!!!)

Latest Comments