garmin download to android

by Les Ed   May 8, 2014  

I recently bought a Lenovo S6000 tablet which runs on android. When I tried to download my ride the tablet says it doesn't support the garmin 800 I use to record my rides. Has anyone got an app or way to download from garmin to android?
Thinking

6 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Are you trying to use Garmin Connect?

posted by Al__S [645 posts]
8th May 2014 - 7:45

1 Like

Yes.

I have bought a cable to connect via the USB cable provided by Garmin. I think the socket is micro usb.

Les Ed

posted by Les Ed [44 posts]
8th May 2014 - 19:13

1 Like

I don't think it possible to download to an Android device like this. I looked into it with my Samsung Tab3, I think a Google search said it wasn't possible.

Redvee's picture

posted by Redvee [95 posts]
8th May 2014 - 22:55

1 Like

Ah, of course, forgot that Bluetooth was the big upgrade on the 510/810 (which can synch via Connect on Bluetooth devices)

posted by Al__S [645 posts]
9th May 2014 - 15:30

1 Like

Yep, can be done. Just need the right app and possibly a powered USB hub. Guide can be found here:
http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/06/garmin-ipad-android-surface.html

As a possible alternative, you could set your Edge to save to microsd and insert the microsd card into your tablet (assuming it has a microsd slot) and upload from there. That might work.

Hope that helps!

posted by Urgatt [1 posts]
9th May 2014 - 22:10

1 Like

As well as the tablet, do you have a PC too? If you have both you can upload the ride on the PC then view the ride details on the tablet via GarminFit app.

Redvee's picture

posted by Redvee [95 posts]
9th May 2014 - 23:19

1 Like