Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Campagnolo 11S Shifting Issues

Right, ripped my mech off last week(Chorus), new mech hanger and chain(KMC X11L) fitted and I still have issues.
Gears set up perfectly in the stand, nice and smooth and sharp, going where they should be etc.

On the bike it just moves down the cassette as soon as I put anything thats more than a gnats fart on the pedal.
On todays ride I had to use the larger shift lever to hold it in place to stop it.

I'm thinking it may be the cassette is worn? The current one has around 800 miles in on it I'd say since the start of the year.
Anything else to check before I go drop £100+ for a new Cassette?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

therevokid | 9 years ago
0 likes

it was all working ok before the mech moment ?
how was the mech ripped off ??

glynr36 replied to therevokid | 9 years ago
0 likes
rore wrote:

The same thing started happening to me with 10s chorus, just before the shift lever fell off. Worth checking if the bolt holding the mechanism is loose, or, if old, that the disc that controls the indexing isn't worn out maybe?

In the shifter itself? It's about 6months old, got a new gruppo late last year. So the former sounds likely.

therevokid wrote:

it was all working ok before the mech moment ?
how was the mech ripped off ??

Was getting a little ghost shifting, but not like this.
Chain connecting link flared I think, going up a steep climb then I came to a standstill with the mech hanging off.

From what you're all saying it's leading me to the shifter as well.
Thanks!

Gordy748 | 9 years ago
0 likes

If you're using your shift lever to hold the much in place then it definitely sounds like the lever is worn. Assuming you are using a Chorus cassette then 800 miles is a long way before it wears out, so I doubt it's your cassette.

rore | 9 years ago
0 likes

The same thing started happening to me with 10s chorus, just before the shift lever fell off. Worth checking if the bolt holding the mechanism is loose, or, if old, that the disc that controls the indexing isn't worn out maybe?

rore | 9 years ago
0 likes

glynr36 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Into the smaller sprockets.

Flying Scot | 9 years ago
0 likes

When you say down, do you mean into smaller or larger cogs?

Latest Comments