Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Canyon Ultimate CF SL 7.0 or Roadlite AL 7.0

I think I've narrowed my choice of next bike down to the Canyon Ultimate CF SL 7.0 and the Roadlite AL 7.0 but can't decide which is the better option. Roadlite comes with Ultegra 6800 and aluminium frame (7.95kg and £1200). Ultimate comes with 105 and carbon frame (7.65kg and £1400). I'm currently riding a Colnago Move with Tiagra. Just wondered what people's thoughts were, before I lose my mind looking at them!!!

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes

If I made the same choice again ( currently have an ultimate c.f. 8) I'd go for the ultimate Al simply because I'm always worrying about dropping the c.f. at speed

yellowjacket replied to chiv30 | 8 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:

If I made the same choice again ( currently have an ultimate c.f. 8) I'd go for the ultimate Al simply because I'm always worrying about dropping the c.f. at speed

Hi Chiv30,
I've been trying to make a decision on whether to go with carbon or aluminum, considering the 7.0 CF SL and the 9.0 AL SLX are so close in price. I'm currently riding an aluminum bike that I really enjoy, and many of my friends are switching to carbon. Does that worry of dropping the c.f. make a significant impact to your riding experience?

Miles253 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I think that the Roadlite AL is meant to be Canyon's entry level bike, whereas the ultimate cf SL, has the frame at least of their second best carbon frame. I reckon you will get far more longevity as well as better features for the money, even if you have to spec down the groupset. My two cents

ilovemytinbred | 9 years ago
0 likes

I am a fan of modern aluminium bikes. I rode with a friend who has an Ultimate Al today and was very impressed by the look of the bike, you could look at that too.
In my experience modern aluminium bikes ride very well, but so do carbon ones  1 If it was me I would either get the top aluminium or top carbon one, but it is all just personal preference they will all be good value.

Parkrider | 9 years ago
0 likes

Go for the CF SL 7.0! Try out what carbon bike feels like and also, it gives you a motivation to upgrade the groupset later on. Moreover, the CF SL 7.0 are fully internal routed cabling, makes the bike looks nicer and easier for you to wipe/polish it too.

Latest Comments