Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour-de-Romandie-stage-3

So many choices....

This is where I really love this game. Spot on to the organisers the values make it a tough choice in an interesting race.

The obvious thing was to pop in His Nibs and Froomey and I think that would probably be the best option, but I have gone off piste and put in a couple of Swiss guys, Spilak, and Peraud instead. Added in a mid range Frenchie who is a real gamble and left in a blanked out MM, so going with an eight man team. I really wanted to bring in TJ but couldn't make it work. Talansky and Uran were also carefully considered, and of course there was that couple of Paxo Stink of Cheeses that I wanted in too. My big problem is the romantic in me did'nt want to take out the big Pole, so I have left him in, and taken 20 penalties. TBH I cannot see how I can win the stage but, it's fun trying all the different variations.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

35 comments

ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes

Pleased for SS....along with Gerrans and Paolini probably my favourite 3 riders.

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Chris I got it all wrong! Nevermind, shoud have gone froome not Kwiat. Only ended u with like 8th and 10th, so gone boldish for stage 4

simon F | 9 years ago
0 likes

3rd on the stage goes a little way to making up for my personal worst of -7 on stage 1. At least I'll get another FSUCI point or two. No idea what to do for tomorrow though.

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

Nice bonus with kern last man home, although purist scored a big fat zero!

arsene | 9 years ago
0 likes

10 break points only in one day races!  3

VVV73 replied to arsene | 9 years ago
0 likes
arsene wrote:

10 break points only in one day races!  3

DOH, sorry Arsene. Thank you.
3am here been up for quite while  1

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Winner winner chicken dinner

1 Silky Riders Dasilky 170

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

1 Simon SPILAK
2 Christopher FROOME
3 Rui Alberto FARIA DA COSTA
4 Jakob FUGLSANG
5 Benat INTXAUSTI ELORRIAGA
6 Mathias FRANK SUI
7 Vincenzo NIBALI ITA
8 Jesus HERRADA LOPEZ
9 Thibaut PINOT
10 Andrew TALANSKY
11 Marcel WYSS
12 Jon IZAGUIRRE INSAUSTI
13 Rafal MAJKA
14 Sébastien REICHENBACH
15 Riccardo ZOIDL
16 Maxime MONFORT
17 Laurens TEN DAM
18 Andre Fernando S. Martins CARDOSO
19 Darwin ATAPUMA HURTADO
20 Rigoberto URAN URAN

stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes

Not great for me but I never really considered puting Froome in, as he was too expensive, and the risk of him not being fit was too high. Some poor decisions there but it was fun and at least I had Spilak. Should have dropped Kwiatowski.

Hindsight ehhhhh a wonderful thing!

0 likes

Good to see Froome showing some form today! Shame Talansky dropped his chain halfway up the last climb, otherwise he would have been in the Nibali group, with a good chance of podium after the TT. Didn't see anything of Tejay, I wonder if Tuesday's crash has given him an injury, or if he just decided to take it easy and focus on the TT?

1,2,6,10 for me, but with 30 penalty points. Although Zoidl might have scraped into the top 20, and Tschopp should have 10-15 points as well.

Purists plummet after today, the only GC rider I had was Tejay...

simon F | 9 years ago
0 likes

1 Spilak
2 Froome
3 Costa +57
4 Fuglsang +57
5 Intxausti +57
6 Frank +57
7 Nibali +57
8 Herrada +1:41
9 Pinot +1:41
10 Talansky +1:41
11 Wyss +1:41 (I think)
12 Izagirre +1:41

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

3,8,9 plus I think vallis got some break points

VVV73 replied to livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

Sorry Nick, but break rider was my dude BORIS VALLEE (LTB), not Valls Ferri (LAM).

VVV73 replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes

How come Boris Vallee only got 1 pt for 5th in pts jersey and not 10 pts as well for riding break ?
It was VALLEE not VALLS FERRI

livestrongnick replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes
VVV73 wrote:
livestrongnick wrote:

Sorry Nick, but break rider was my dude BORIS VALLEE (LTB), not Valls Ferri (LAM).

Yeah twitter was a bit mixed up today  102

simon F | 9 years ago
0 likes

1,2,3 and 12 so far - that should at least double my so far totally crap score

EDIT: +15th for zoidl (and a few points for tschopp)
EDIT (Again): and a couple for Beltran (3rd in the young rider). I've only got 2 non-scorers today and one of them was a DNS - no-one worth swapping him out for with penalties.

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Wow.... Froome and Spilak with almost a minute on the 2nd group! Wow!...

VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Nice Izaguirre in there too now  1

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Nibali, Inxausti and Frank are behind Froome and Spilak on the road...

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

17.7 to go... Froome up front with Spilak... Pinot and Majka go down but get up pretty quickly... Road looks wet and slippery...

VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I finally got one in the break, grabbed Valle yesterday purely for this purpose as I couldn't afford Nizz, Mezgec yesterday, so targeted a Break rider.

0 likes

Might well do - just on the first climb and the gap is down from 6 mins to just 1 min 40 secs!

arsene | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yeah that's probably the reason, hoped for Fumeaux to be in there though because he's on my purist team.

I definitely expected at least one IAM rider.  39
That's a surprise that they have no one in the break considering the mountain classification will be decided today.
I think they will most likely try to start an attack later.  7

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've got Gautier in my purist team, hope he gets me a few points today as my purist team, other than Kohler, have done nothing so far.

arsene | 9 years ago
0 likes

Looks like I got the break all wrong.  40

chrisdstripes replied to arsene | 9 years ago
0 likes
arsene wrote:

Looks like I got the break all wrong.  40

Yes I expected some better climbers in there as well, but I guess they are all within a minute or two on GC so they weren't prepared to let anyone dangerous go. Glad Fumeaux isn't in as I nearly picked him and changed my mind at the last minute to accommodate Frank...

arsene | 9 years ago
0 likes

Froome, Nibali, Spilak, Talansky, Uran, Rui Costa should be the strongest today.

But also Pinot and the Tinkoff riders (Majka, Roche) seem to be in great shape.

Zoidl is a good option too considering his price.

Atapuma, Preidler, Roy, Voeckler, M.Wyss and Tschopp, maybe Fumeaux my picks for the break.

0 likes

Twitter has an 8-man break with a lead of over a minute - no-one in the break that many people will have in their team though...

Gautier
Grivko
Malacarne
Dani Wyss
Favilli
Vallee
Bobridge
Veelers

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Chris Froome ‏@chrisfroome 41s
Today's profile and heavy rain forecasted. 3 guesses what Nibali is planning for today.. #WWND (What Would Nibali Do) pic.twitter.com/twNufXdrZK

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

Considering i've not scored 100+ and still been getting green Arrows i'm pleased so far  4
Although struggled with todays picks, wanted Talansky and Izaguirre but ment more pens and dropping others i didn't want to leave out so left myself with-

Kwiatkowski
Costa
Pinot (for dennis)
Herrada
Vallis Ferri (for Brandle)
Albasini
Zoidl
Earle
Schurter

Def gonna go pens for the next 2 days  26

Pages

Latest Comments