Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bike for sale

Hi All,

I have recently signed up to Prudential 100London in August 2014. I am surrounded by keen cyclists and I will be using it as a form of commute and also other future events. I am currently working at an architects firm based off Oxford Circus which I did begun a cycle to work scheme although its a 12 month process and it cannot be cut short to September which is when my internship finishes.

As that scheme is unfortunately not available I am interested in a second hand bike and I have been contacting several clubs and was recommended road.cc.

I have been measured for a 52cm if anyone of you are interested in selling a bike or could put me in touch with anyone selling a bike I would be very happy visit in person.

I look forward to hearing you responses

Many thanks

Anastasia

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

15 comments

Super Domestique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Unfortunately it had sold last weekend (for £185 evidently)

So, if anyone can help out post up please.

I'm not a member of a CC but perhaps others might be able to come up with something.

0 likes

I must add, the conversation was about 2 or 3 weeks with him - he spotted me in a local tesco. He might have sold it by now and changed his mind.

I juts saw this thread and the conversation came back to mind.

Only thought it fair to add that.

0 likes

@ Mooleur - no probs  16

@ Anastasia - I sold a Carrera TdF to a local guy last year. My dad had bought it, rode it less than 5 times and gave it to me for my son. He only wanted to ride MTB. I popped it for sale here last year but, like I said, a local chap bought it for his wife (it is a medium frame) but he asked me the other day to let him know if anyone wanted to buy it as she hasn't ridden it at all.

I was gutted as I'd just bought a new road bike for my wife as an anniversary pressie!

Anyway, it pretty much stock although has the bottle cage on it I had added for my son. It also has unused pedals with clips and straps and he changed the bar tape to yellow.

He said he still has the owners book, etc.

Not sure what he wanted for it but I'd ballpark £175 I would imagine. I say that as my neighbour paid that for one on eBay last week.

They seem pretty popular at entry level.

I can get a picture I'm sure. If you are interested then contact me via my profile and I'll put you in touch or find out more for you.

anastasia | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thank you both! The Kuota Khatma is a great bike though it is outside my price range. I would be certainly interested if I wasn't looking for an entry bike which Mouleur has mentioned there is one for sale.

Is it possible to get any more details please?

Many thanks!

0 likes

A bit different price point to the small framed unisex bike I knew was for sale.

mooleur replied to Super Domestique | 9 years ago
0 likes
Super Domestique wrote:

A bit different price point to the small framed unisex bike I knew was for sale.

How do you mean? Am I flogging this for too much? (I honestly don't know, that's just going what prices I've seen others sell theirs for you see!)

Super Domestique replied to mooleur | 9 years ago
0 likes

mooleur wrote:
Super Domestique wrote:

How do you mean? Am I flogging this for too much? (I honestly don't know, that's just going what prices I've seen others sell theirs for you see!)

Not at all.

I had asked what budget / level earlier on in the thread as I knew of an entry level bike for sale.

mooleur replied to Super Domestique | 9 years ago
0 likes
Super Domestique wrote:

mooleur wrote:
Super Domestique wrote:

Not at all.

I had asked what budget / level earlier on in the thread as I knew of an entry level bike for sale.

Ahh my bad sorry haha, I'd not read all the way up just scanned it over brekky this morning!  10

mooleur | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hiya - thanks for posting GKam - this is my bike and yep, I'm selling.

It's not quite ready yet as when I have a week off racing I need to replace it's BB and cassette.

It's on the Isle of Man at the moment so I'm not sure how much it'd be to post, I'm looking for £900 plus postage, with a shipping comp I'd imagine this'll be somewhere between £30-£50.

It's a 52 by the way  1

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Here it is.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Ok, she hasn't posted. I know this much.

Kuota Khatma
105 groupset
Mavic Aksiums

As to size, I don't know. I'll chase her up in the morning again

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've given someone a shout for you, she should be along with some details for you  3

anastasia replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Excellent i look forward to hearing back from them! Much appreciated :]

0 likes

What sort of budget? Level of bike?

anastasia replied to Super Domestique | 9 years ago
0 likes

I am happy to negotiate and this depends on the year of the bike and the make up of the parts if it has been personalised.
I would be happy with an 8-gear set but open to an investment.

Many thanks for getting in touch

Latest Comments