Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Rapha sizeing vs. Assos

Hello,

I would like to receive some comments regarding Assos sizing compare to Rapha in bibshorts and ss jersey.
In particular: Rapha pro team bib + club jersey.

Currently i wear Fi Uno S5 medium, Equipe jersey size medium.
I am 6'3" cm tall, 77 kg, 34 inch waist, slim build.
Tight/firm fit is excellent for me

Thank you

Nir
Israel

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Gordy748 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Rapha's non-pro lines are sized slightly larger than the Assos equivalent, the exception being the 3/4 bibs, which are a little tighter a rough my legs than Assos' version.

The pro line is very similar to Assos, I think perhaps a touch larger. That said, Rapha do have some sizing issues in the pro line, e.g. you will fit a medium short sleeve jersey but if so will need a small long sleeve. At least you can send it back easily if you find it doesn't fit.

As for amawby's comments, it's clearly not about the ride for him/ her. I've been using Rapha for about 7 years now, and the only thing that's worn out is a pair of gloves that got chucked through a washing machine by accident. The stuff simply does not wear out, I commute year round in my old Rapha kit and it still refuses to die.

Inverse snobbery is a far worse trait than real snobbery.

nirism replied to Gordy748 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hello,

Thank you all for the information.
"Lightweoght" bib size Md fit is very good ans also the "Club jersey" in the same size. tight enought but not snug.

As for the Pro Team jersey line cut is tighter, is it better to order size L ?

Nir

sparker | 9 years ago
0 likes

To answer the actual question posed, I find the sizing guide on the Rapha site spot on, so go with that. If you're not sure, get two sizes - it's free to send back. You just need to dig around and find the pre-paid return label on their site. Refunds are within a week of the return.
I may be middle aged and a bit overweight, but I'm not a banker! (Pun intended). Not being a racing snake, I just appreciate not looking like an overstuffed sausage and like kit that performs as well as it fits.

PS. Thanks to cycling, the weight is coming off and I may soon be able to take advantage of the 50% off jersey downsize offer.
PPS. I came off and put a large hole in my jersey sleeve, which was repaired for free - damn fine service.
PPPS. Is it not all about the ride? One thing about being older is that you don't care so much about what other people think as long as it works for you.http://road.cc/sites/all/modules/smileys/packs/Yahoo!/smile.gif

sorebones | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hi Nir. As a general principle, Rapha's standard range will be one size smaller than Assos - so a medium Rapha jersey = large Assos jersey fit.

The exception is the rapha pro team range which is a comparable size to Assos clothing especially the Uno sized stuff. So, from your description you might need a size medium in the pro team shorts, but possibly a size small in a club jersey if you want it fitted? The only issue might be the length of the bib straps for someone of your height - you could contact Rapha for more help?

amawby | 9 years ago
0 likes

Stick with Assos, don't downgrade to Rapha. Unless you really do want to look like an investment banker having a mid life crisis.

Nick T replied to amawby | 9 years ago
0 likes
amawby wrote:

Stick with Assos, don't downgrade to Rapha. Unless you really do want to look like an investment banker having a mid life crisis.

I'm not sure if the Isreali people would generally be as snooty about cycle clothing brand perception as you.

Latest Comments