Home

Just a heads up, the first half of tomorrows stage has been cancelled because of the weather.

laurenstendam ‏@laurenstendam 1m
Cancelled first half of tomorrows stage Will be short and intense in stead of long and exhausting..

34 comments

chiv30 [986 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

That's my transfers ruined then lol

johnny2names [198 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Ooh, the smell of penalty points...

tony kappler [97 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Does anyone ever get eliminated exceeding the cut off time in Prologues? (I know they do in team time trials). In particular, will TJ start stage 1.
Sadly, TJ probably earned more points falling off than staying upright. Will the peloton let TJ get in the breakaway, seeing he is so far down?
Cheers

Gkam84 [9092 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

I wouldn't bother with penalties, its still going to be a tough stage. Most likely come down to a sprint now with the huge climb in the middle out.

As for TJV, he can go and do what he wants now, I think he'll have free rein, but it all depends on who goes with him in a break. If it is a bunch of no hopers, he'll be let go.

I think Nerz might be BMC number 1 now

chiv30 [986 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Due to no big climb.....I've had to take 30 pen points  31

VVV73 [408 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I wouldn't bother with penalties, its still going to be a tough stage. Most likely come down to a sprint now with the huge climb in the middle out.

As for TJV, he can go and do what he wants now, I think he'll have free rein, but it all depends on who goes with him in a break. If it is a bunch of no hopers, he'll be let go.

Lets hope TJV chases a KOM Jersey and Stage win as consolation. He needs to be aggressive to get some hard KM's in...IMO.
P.S. Not this stage of course.

livestrongnick [2118 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Stage 1 is just a short 90km

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I would have thought they would throw support behind one of the Swiss boys, Kohler or Wyss.

chrisdstripes [1733 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Still don't really know what to expect today, will it be a sprint, or will the shortened stage lead to an increased pace on the climb and see a few sprinters dropped? Expecting the former, but didn't see the logic in taking pens so just a couple of changes...

Kwiatkowski
Dennis
Sergent
Kittel
Nizzolo
Albasini
Kern
Hivert
Gaudin

Nearly brought in Kenny Dehaes for Sergent but erred on the side of caution...

0 likes

After a poor start yesterday made few changes brought in Costa and Mezgec!

Hoping for a reduced sprint for the AR's/punchiers

Joelsim [1975 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Kittel, Hofland and Gatto in for me to replace Izaguirre, Dennis and Zoidl.

backflipbedlem [1198 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

sprint heavy pour moi!

Kittle
Nizzolo
Mezgec
Kwiatkowski
Hofland
Ferrari
Mohoric
Xu
Guillemois

0 likes

Sold Bobridge and Tuft.
Really wanted to get Mezgec as he is in great form, but didnt have 3.0 left. So i split and went 2 mid chances in Juan Jose Lobato and Danny Van Poppel.

Good Luck all.

0 likes

Victory for Albasini!

0 likes

#TdR2014
1. Albasini
2. Herrada
3. Navardauskas
4. M Iglinsky
5. Talansky
6. Brandle
7. Costa
8. Hivert
9. Thurau
10. Voeckler

0 likes

Albasini takes it from a very reduced bunch - oh and he's in both my teams!
Herrada, Navardauskas, Iglinsky close behind...
1,8,12 for both teams shouldn't be too bad as it was quite a random top 10, although a lot of people seemed to have Navardauskas yesterday, good shout there.

benji p [54 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

... he's in both my teams!...

I hate you...

Twybaydos [448 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

This is like Tirreno Adriatico all over again

enrique [2349 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Here we go:

I love this site!  1

0 likes

About to do the scores....

0 likes

Todays winner is

1 redskyranger 118

0 likes

8th on stage after 2nd yesterday so might well be leading, can't tell at the moment as the overall scores don't seem to include yesterday's results. Enjoying this week tho, hitting form in time for the giro!

johnny2names [198 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

8th on stage after 2nd yesterday so might well be leading, can't tell at the moment as the overall scores don't seem to include yesterday's results. Enjoying this week tho, hitting form in time for the giro!

Try not to peak too soon! No danger in that for me- more like I'm having my Andy Schleck period...

simon F [1003 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

as the overall scores don't seem to include yesterday's results. Enjoying this week tho, hitting form in time for the giro!

Yeah, I'd just noticed that - bit weird. Anyone poked Dave about it?

Can't say I'm enjoying this week - doing shite  2 Still, I had a decent few weeks in the Catalunya, Vasco and Trentino as far as FSUCI points go, so I suppose I shouldn't complain.

0 likes
johnny2names wrote:
chrisdstripes wrote:

Try not to peak too soon! No danger in that for me- more like I'm having my Andy Schleck period...

I've been playing fantasy football, at altitude, since I was a kid. So just waiting for a Henao-esque investigation...

0 likes

Updated them again, it has worked this time, you are joined 1st

Joelsim [1975 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Oh dear

Stumps [3415 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

The only good thing to come out of today for me was a 5 point bonus for Hepburn in the 3.0 comp.

TERatcliffe26 [4660 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

6th on the stage, will take that...although should have gone with my gut and gone Herrada not Gautier, but hey ho

0 likes

OMG, I can't wait for the Giro' to start.LOL
I am living a nightmare.
Orica success brings joy tho and so Happy for Alba he is such a loyal and reliable team member, tries so hard all the time , well deserved.

Pages