Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

S Works Venge Frame Finishes

Evening, I am on the verge of buying a specialized S Works Venge frame set, but am slightly confused by the paint options. Is the Project black edition the same as the satin black, if not what is the difference? Also, in a GCN video on YouTube about replacing campagnolo BB cups, there was a glossy black S Works venge and I am wondering if anybody could enlighten me on what paint job is on that as I think it looks incredible. I've attaché he'd some screenshots of the video to make it a bit easier instead of trawling through YouTube.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Having looked at their own site, it seems, the frame set is a shiny finish, which distinguishes it from their fully built Di2 which is matt black and their Elite model Venge which is a combination of shiny and matt finish.

Gordy748 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Get a Pegoretti Marcelo. And ask Dario to paint it however you want.

Or...

Guru
Formigli
Look
Time
Storck
IF
Parlee
Seven

... if you really want carbon.

mattbuckley | 9 years ago
0 likes

I knew I was going to get flak for this  3

After having ridden the venge and variety of other bikes in that category (cervelo s5, felt AR1, Ridley Noah Fast, giant propel etc) I can say that it is super stiff but at the same time surprisingly comfortable and insanely fast. It just flies, it carves corners like its on rails and I think looks brilliant.

When I find another bike that rides better and look better, I will reconsider my choice. Yes they have done some questionable things, but I am buying a bike, not weighing up how considerate they are to Canadian Cafés and their owners

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Do you HAVE to buy specialized?

You will notice, there are an abundance of other brands to chose from and many people are not boycotting specialized because of the way they treat other businesses.

Super Domestique replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Do you HAVE to buy specialized?

You will notice, there are an abundance of other brands to chose from and many people are not boycotting specialized because of the way they treat other businesses.

37 oh dear...

mattbuckley | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the reply. you don't happen to know which version the glossy frame set is?

glynr36 | 9 years ago
0 likes

IIRC the project black is just a UD carbon finish.

Latest Comments