Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

How about adding the Women's Tour to the Fantasy Cycling?

You've got the Women's World Cup, so why not the Women's Tour

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

29 comments

Simon E | 9 years ago
0 likes

Here's a post on how to follow the Women's Tour, 7th-11th May :

http://prowomenscycling.com/2014/05/04/womens-tour-of-britain-2014-live/

Lots of links  1 and it's even on the telly! Will have to set the recorder box.

CW devoted some pages to it in this week's issue, would be good if road.cc could do a feature and keep us informed.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

That was because Le Tour had her listed as guy, along with another rider. But Road.cc had no issues. She was in the startlist and scored points.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Because we set out the races at the start of the season and that was it.

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

We won't be adding the womens tour this season.(

enrique wrote:

That's stunning. Why? Too much hassle to set up? No sponsors?  45

Did Dave ever tell you why?...

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've had no issue with start lists nor results apart from the first race of the world cup so far.

Infact, I already have provisionals for the next race on the 30th May

ray silvester replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I've had no issue with start lists nor results apart from the first race of the world cup so far.

Quote lifted directly from La Fleche Wallone Feminine thread

Did Marianne Vos actually compete today? According to Le Tour, she neither started nor finished the race....? What's up?

replyquote. posted by Suthisan [9 posts]
23rd April 2014 - 15:52

ray silvester replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Quote lifted directly from La Fleche Wallone Feminine thread

Did Marianne Vos actually compete today? According to Le Tour, she neither started nor finished the race....? What's up?

replyquote. posted by Suthisan [9 posts]
23rd April 2014 - 15:52

ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes

Just can't see why the ladies races would be any part of the game.....if this were a Fantasy Football site would we suddenly be expected to pick players from say Doncaster Belles or Leeds Ladies?

mooleur replied to ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Just can't see why the ladies races would be any part of the game.....if this were a Fantasy Football site would we suddenly be expected to pick players from say Doncaster Belles or Leeds Ladies?

You're not expected to, if you don't want to play the women's races you're not forced to.

There are plenty of fantasy women's football games around for those that actually want to play them.

Same with basketball, hockey etc - it's just a question of whether or not you want to play them. Just because it's not necessarily AS popular doesn't mean it doesn't deserve a platform.

Gkam84 replied to ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

It is called fantasy cycling, not mens fantasy cycling.

You do know the females actually cycle....  21

mooleur | 9 years ago
0 likes

Ah that's a shame! Oh well maybe next year, it'll be bigger and more epic by then too  1

Just looked at the in depth lineup on velouk - HOLY SH!T that's a wheelgasm of a race.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yup, I know all about the start list.

Unfortunately, I fired Dave an email. We won't be adding the womens tour this season.  20  20

enrique replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

We won't be adding the womens tour this season.(

That's stunning. Why? Too much hassle to set up? No sponsors?  45

leortp | 9 years ago
0 likes

GKAM - (provisional) rider list here - http://womenstour.co.uk/files/documents/WT2014_RiderList.pdf

northstar | 9 years ago
0 likes

It will fill a gap i guess, can't see any reason why not. (waits for troll, sexist jibes...) ; )

NeilG83 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Adding the women's tour is an excellent idea. It's a top ranked UCI event and the media coverage will probably be better than most of the World Cup events.

mooleur | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yay!  4

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

ERM....who said it wasn't coming??

I want to do it, and the womens worlds...Its up to Dave..

mooleur | 9 years ago
0 likes

Good ones for next year would be the tour and also la course (the 5 million laps around le champs)  1

ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes

Why not add the FIFA World Cup too...it's got about just as much to do with the game as the Women's Tour!!

Dapper Giles replied to ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Why not add the FIFA World Cup too...it's got about just as much to do with the game as the Women's Tour!!

Yeah ... I often confuse footballs and bicycles.
Thanks for clearing that up.

ray silvester replied to Dapper Giles | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dapper Giles wrote:
ray silvester wrote:

same with men and women?

enrique replied to ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

same with men and women?

I laughed so hard, ray! Anyways, your last few comments seem so much unlike you I've caught myself wondering if your account got hijacked  45 You're usually the voice of reason here  39

ray silvester replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
ray silvester wrote:

same with men and women?

I laughed so hard, ray! Anyways, your last few comments seem so much unlike you I've caught myself wondering if your account got hijacked  45 You're usually the voice of reason here  39

Yeah I know....my reasonable head made me include it in the Forum's Scorum's league at least.....my unreasonable head is calling for the Under 12's local criteriums to be included!!

I appreciate that female cycling is a serious sport but even it's most fervent supoorters must admit that there has been a problem with either startlists or results in every race so far?

Dapper Giles replied to ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:
Dapper Giles wrote:
ray silvester wrote:

same with men and women?

Only once.

A cyclist is a cyclist to me though.

enrique replied to Dapper Giles | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dapper Giles wrote:

I often confuse footballs and bicycles. Thanks for clearing that up.

ray silvester wrote:

same with men and women?

Dapper Giles wrote:

Only once.

Ha ha ha! Good one!  1 Details, please...  4

giff77 replied to ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Gonna go far with the all inclusiveness approach there ray. Or are you just out doing some baiting.

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

It was under consideration but I believe the reasons it wasn't included were that the race itself is brand new and unknown to us and that women's racing has only been added this year so those running the women's comp were assessing how it went before adding in more races like the Women's Tour and/or Giro Donne.

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

I think it's down to race information and rider lists not being very reliably available  26

Latest Comments