Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de Romandie: Prologue: Ascona

Starting this early(going riding before it gets to wet later) so Enrique can't hijack it either  19

I've ignored the high priced riders so that i can get good spread of TTers.
Gone really random with my Purist  22

Standard

Tejay Van Garderen (BMC)
Rohan Dennis (GRS)
Andrew Talansky (GRS)
Michael Hepburn (OGE)
Stef Clement (BLK)
Jeremy Roy (FDJ)
Lieuwe Westra (AST)
Riccardo Zoidl (TFR)
Nathan Earle (SKY)

Purist

Mathias Frank (IAM)
Tony Martin (OPQ)
Tejay Van Garderen (BMC)
Andrew Talansky (GRS)
Kenny Elissonde (FDJ)
Riccardo Zoidl (TFR)
Nathan Earle (SKY)
Johann Tschopp (IAM)
Jay McCarthy (TSB)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

57 comments

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Oops, I misquoted my points. Only had Dennis in the std. Damn.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

No, I have no idea about tomorrow either. Tricky parcours to work out throughout!

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

Well, made a pig's ear of that! Worst day I've had in ages! Ah well, I'm always terrible at prologues for some reason. Roll on the mountain stages.

Anyone else having their doubts about Sky for the Tour, by the way? On current form, looks like Contador's going to be the man to beat, not Froome.

johnny2names | 9 years ago
0 likes

oh yeah, I rule! took out kwia last minute to slot in tj and hepburn. also got tj in purist... another race down the pan  102

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

This popped up on twitter

'No Col du Simplon for us in Romandie tomorrow, snow falling tonight, tunnel-train transfer for everyone to new start - what fun!'

chiv30 replied to Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

Well, made a pig's ear of that! Worst day I've had in ages! Ah well, I'm always terrible at prologues for some reason. Roll on the mountain stages.

Anyone else having their doubts about Sky for the Tour, by the way? On current form, looks like Contador's going to be the man to beat, not Froome.

Me and work mates have been having this discussion since the route was announced and I'll be honest ....since day one I couldn't see past Contador for the top spot , however, froome and Porte are just back from illness , Wiggo rode well recentlyand they have some of the best doms in the business for controlling a race, they have options so I still think they have a decent shout at le tour

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

Just realised scores are already in and I came 2nd! No idea what to expect tomorrow tho'...

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

1,2,3,5,6 for me then

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

Good stuff  4
1,2,3,5,8 std
Hepburn and Gaudin were slight let-downs but I had 7 guys with a chance of scoring and 5 of them made top 10, so got to be happy with that.
1,3,4,20 purist (plus Tejay) is a nice start as well...

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Ok cool if it is done on actual times

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm not insulting anyone, I'm just advising, don't go down your road....you name is now a by word for pain in the rear end, post editing, quoting all round.....YEAH  103

enrique replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I'm not insulting anyone, I'm just advising, don't go down your road....you name is now a by word for pain in the rear end, post editing, quoting all round.....

I have no issue with your characterization of me, but Joel's his own man... He's not trying to be like me... He's got his own issues... I don't think he's a 'pain in the rear end, post editing, quoting all round' type of guy like me... so don't treat him like one... Show the man the respect he deserves and answer his comments as judiciously and as professionally as you can without comparing his actions to mine... In my mind, even though you are not an employee of Roadcc, people equate you with being 'their' representative and as such I would applaud it if you treated people with more respect than handing out 'comparisons' and 'warnings'... You have a position of authority and responsibility within Roadcc. I would just ask that you take that role responsibly and adjust the way you can sometimes 'talk down' to people'... His concerns are genuine, if only to him... I say leave me out of the conversation and don't compare us and don't 'warn' people like that... I think it's rude and unprofessional. Everyone deserves to be judged by their own expressions, no need to compare us...

chiv30 replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

I'm not insulting anyone, I'm just advising, don't go down your road....you name is now a by word for pain in the rear end, post editing, quoting all round.....

I have no issue with your characterization of me, but Joel's his own man... He's not trying to be like me... He's got his own issues... I don't think he's a 'pain in the rear end, post editing, quoting all round' type of guy like me... so don't treat him like one... Show the man the respect he deserves and answer his comments as judiciously and as professionally as you can without comparing his actions to mine... In my mind, even though you are not an employee of Roadcc, people equate you with being 'their' representative and as such I would applaud it if you treated people with more respect than handing out 'comparisons' and 'warnings'... You have a position of authority and responsibility within Roadcc. I would just ask that you take that role responsibly and adjust the way you can sometimes 'talk down' to people'... His concerns are genuine, if only to him... I say leave me out of the conversation and don't compare us and don't 'warn' people like that... I think it's rude and unprofessional. Everyone deserves to be judged by their own expressions, no need to compare us...

You can't argue with that , he just about summed it up in a very (dare I say) serious and adult manner ....well done Enrique  41

NeilG83 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Prologues are hard to predict, so I'm happy with 1,2,5,6 & some lucky points for Van Garderen's last place.

Difficult to decide whether to keep TVG in my team now though.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

It isn't on a whim.

Times are done on milliseconds for timing, but for lists they are done on simple seconds. So Dennis might have be 6.26.07, Kittel 6.26.33 and Nizzolo 6.26.47

allezrider | 9 years ago
0 likes

1st and 5th std; 1st and Last purist - not a good day (though at least I got bookends)!

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

It is the way it has always worked. Don't start being enrique and complaining about everything and anything. It is the way it is done. End of

enrique replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

... Don't start being enrique and complaining about everything and anything. It is the way it is done. End of

I would like to complain about you using my name to insult others...

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Provisional winner today

1 ProVelo ricycle 178

I say provisional, because If it comes up, I will add the most aggressive rider

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Bugger, just noticed, Sam Bewley didn't even start  19

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

1 Michal KWIATKOWSKI
2 Rohan DENNIS
3 Marcel KITTEL
4 Giacomo NIZZOLO
5 Tony MARTIN
6 Brett LANCASTER
7 Matthias BRANDLE
8 Jesse SERGENT
9 Ramunas NAVARDAUSKAS
10 Martijn KEIZER
11 Danny VAN POPPEL
12 Alexandre GENIEZ
13 Jon IZAGUIRRE INSAUSTI
14 Christopher FROOME
15 Lieuwe WESTRA
16 Cameron MEYER
17 Jesus HERRADA LOPEZ
18 Vincenzo NIBALI
19 Thomas DE GENDT
20 Anthony ROUX

Joelsim replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

1 Michal KWIATKOWSKI
2 Rohan DENNIS
3 Marcel KITTEL
4 Giacomo NIZZOLO
5 Tony MARTIN
6 Brett LANCASTER
7 Matthias BRANDLE
8 Jesse SERGENT
9 Ramunas NAVARDAUSKAS
10 Martijn KEIZER
11 Danny VAN POPPEL
12 Alexandre GENIEZ
13 Jon IZAGUIRRE INSAUSTI
14 Christopher FROOME
15 Lieuwe WESTRA
16 Cameron MEYER
17 Jesus HERRADA LOPEZ
18 Vincenzo NIBALI
19 Thomas DE GENDT
20 Anthony ROUX

Not quite right if you look at the actual times on this. It's not like a sprint where people finish in order, because it is such as tight race then surely the positions must be shared as applicable ie Dennis, Kittel & Nizzolo all finished 2nd and no 3rd or 4th place.

Gkam84 replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

Not quite right if you look at the actual times on this. It's not like a sprint where people finish in order, because it is such as tight race then surely the positions must be shared as applicable ie Dennis & Kittel both finished 2nd and no 3rd place.

It IS right, I go on UCI lists, not matsport.

That is the list from the UCI, you don't get shared places.

Joelsim replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
Joelsim wrote:

Not quite right if you look at the actual times on this. It's not like a sprint where people finish in order, because it is such as tight race then surely the positions must be shared as applicable ie Dennis & Kittel both finished 2nd and no 3rd place.

It IS right, I go on UCI lists, not matsport.

That is the list from the UCI, you don't get shared places.

How can that possibly work and be fair? That is completely at the whim of the person who enters the numbers.

simon F replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

How can that possibly work and be fair? That is completely at the whim of the person who enters the numbers.

From the UCI regs applying to time trials ...

Quote:

2.4.015 Finishing times shall be taken to the nearest one-tenth of a second at least.

2.4.016 At the world championships and the Olympic Games times shall be taken and communicated to the nearest one-hundredth of a second.

The 1/100th of a second is true of most major races.

VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Disaster Standard  2
too top things off last decision was I will upgrade Brandle too Tuft LOL...

cherrypicked | 9 years ago
0 likes

1,2,4,5,21...standard

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

1,2,5,14 std
1,2,3,5,6 purist

cherrypicked replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

1,2,5,14 std
1,2,3,5,6 purist

Nice. Your purist will be up there for the stage surely....

Joelsim replied to cherrypicked | 9 years ago
0 likes
cherrypicked wrote:
Joelsim wrote:

1,2,5,14 std
1,2,3,5,6 purist

Nice. Your purist will be up there for the stage surely....

Mistake as I see that there are some tied times, so in reality I have:

1,2,5,13,19,19 std
1,2,2,5,6,19,19 purist

Pages

Latest Comments