Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Romandie

When is this going to open please? Getting pretty close now.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

36 comments

arsene | 9 years ago
0 likes

Froome, Talansky, Spilak and Zoidl lead my GC quest.  16

Froome
Talansky
Mezgec
Spilak
Lobato
Zoidl
Dillier
Fumeaux
Schurter

Maybe I should of taken Mohoric instead of Schurter.  102

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

Normally I think prologues are too tough to predict, but I've been conned into it by the number of top prologue riders in the line-up. And the fact that Weds and Thurs look tough to predict as well. And the weekend. So expecting anywhere between 100th and 1000th this week...

The good news is my 3.0 rider for the season (Lecuisinier) is riding for FDJ - currently has 10 points for the season, I think from a last man home in the TDU!

chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Well I'll tell you now....no froome in std or purist and my std team has about 10 credits spare ready for changes for stage two .

johnny2names | 9 years ago
0 likes

Ooh, this is proving tough- who's actually riding this full on, injuries, no summit finish, nightmare! Not sure what I would do even with 200 credits tbh...

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Froome not in for me. Not with a tickly cough and revolting veiny legs.

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

An all-round thumbsucker this one. Very few mid-lived riders tempting me here; looking at a mixture of high and low value. Prologues often tough to call, but have a hunch about one or two riders...

Froomedog is IN, however. Should be his first win of the season .

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

He's been on pcs and the official Romandie site all week, not to mention in the FL list.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Awwww did PCS let you down  19  19  19  19  19  19  19  19

The official startlist is not long out, so can't do anything about it

enrique replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dux89 wrote:

... Kwiatkowski was on the PCS startlist... but OPQS said he wasn't riding...

Dux, I'm curious, since I trust PCS so much, where did you read that Kwiatkowski wasn't riding? Was it PCS or the OPQS website? I think I checked the PCS start list every day and I'm pretty sure he's always been there...

Dux89 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Crazy late startlist confirmations are very frustrating. Kwiatkowski was on the PCS startlist early but OPQS said he wans't riding. All the sudden he is and so is Nibali!

livestrongnick replied to Dux89 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dux89 wrote:

Crazy late startlist confirmations are very frustrating. Kwiatkowski was on the PCS startlist early but OPQS said he wans't riding. All the sudden he is and so is Nibali!

The respective official team sites have them both riding  39

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

You're on your own on this one Enrique - 145 is on the high side of about right looking at the riders and values.

Weds and Thurs are tricky to work out from the profiles, expecting quite a wide range of teams for this...

Dux89 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I don't think Kwiatkowski is doing Romandie.

arsene | 9 years ago
0 likes

I agree with you Gkam. The budget for Romandie is quite right imo. I didn't like Trentino too much, because everyone had the five best riders.  29

TERatcliffe26 replied to arsene | 9 years ago
0 likes
arsene wrote:

I agree with you Gkam. The budget for Romandie is quite right imo. I didn't like Trentino too much, because everyone had the five best riders.  29

I think the budget for Trentino was set before the startlist was known, so in effect took into account riders such as Quintana, Nibali etc may have ridden (could be wrong on how the calculator works).

However you still needed to have been paying attention to lesser cycling races to know that Meintjes was going well and likely to be the best 3 credit rider pick (unless you got lucky)

VVV73 replied to arsene | 9 years ago
0 likes
arsene wrote:

don't know about that, I didn't have Landa, and not many had Meintjes  1 there was plenty of variety there, Aru or scarp....was heaps of decisions to make IMO.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm quite happy for err on the side of slightly above for the Tours, gives everyone, even without much knowledge a chance.

I'd like to see tighter budgets for smaller tours, gives those with knowledge a little head start and makes it much more interesting, rather than everyone picking the same few GC riders and then hoping to pick some break/high finishers.

chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'll be honest after looking at the roster and the budget .....15 ish would have been about right I think , as Simon has said this may just turn into a lottery but it is what it is  7

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

As has happened this season already, it is boring if you give to much budget and everyone picks just certain riders. I would have had it at 130, forcing people to only have a maximum of 3 top value riders

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

As has happened this season already, it is boring if you give to much budget and everyone picks just certain riders...

I'm at a loss, I'm racking the few brain cells I have trying to figure out which competition you're referring to this season... I've never felt there was such a thing as too much budget... or that people were just 'picking certain riders'...  39

simon F replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

As has happened this season already, it is boring if you give to much budget and everyone picks just certain riders. I would have had it at 130, forcing people to only have a maximum of 3 top value riders

There is some truth in what you say but if the budget shrinks too much the game just becomes a lottery - if you're lucky enough to start with the rider who gets in the break 2/3 days running you win, otherwise, tough shit. It's a fine balancing act not to veer too far one way or the other - mostly it's about right but sometimes it leans too much one way or the other. Personally, I'd prefer to err on the side of a slightly higher budget but the game's the game - you can only play with what you've got.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Agreed. It would be rubbish to get to the point where everyone has the same set of best riders.

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

Oh no, you can't pick the four best riders, what a disaster. It's almost like being a real team manager...

enrique replied to drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Oh no, you can't pick the four best riders, what a disaster. It's almost like being a real team manager...

Hi, sweetie!  1 I'd missed you!  1 Welcome back, sweetie pie!  1

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I go on what the game itself says is a reasonable budget, the game said 132, so I made it 130...

Its based on the riders who are listed.

The startlist will be updated later tonight.

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

Meersman and Howard need to be removed as they are in Turkey  4

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Feel lucky, you have 15 more to the budget than I had it set at.

I had it at 130, Dave's bumped it up....disappointed it, I wanted it to actually be a challenge because the game is getting far to easy

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Dave's bumped it up...

Dave's more reasonable than you are...

Gkam84 wrote:

... the game is getting far to[o] easy...

Why would you say that?  39 Even if I managed to place my team 3 times in the Top 10 in the 3 most recent competitions, I wouldn't say this game is too easy... I think your standards for what's easy and hard are off with respect to this game... I may be wrong, but I can't see anyone else saying this game is 'getting far too easy'... I may be wrong, of course...  39

Dave, I've got a compelling reason to raise the budget to 151.3. My Dream Team for Stage 1. See below  1

40.0 Christopher Froome
28.8 Tejay Van Garderen
37.8 Michal Kwiatkowski
29.7 Tony Martin

TERatcliffe26 replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

Dave's bumped it up...

Dave's more reasonable than you are...

Gkam84 wrote:

... the game is getting far to[o] easy...

Why would you say that?  39 Even if I managed to place my team 3 times in the Top 10 in the 3 most recent competitions, I wouldn't say this game is too easy... I think your standards for what's easy and hard are off with respect to this game... I may be wrong, but I can't see anyone else saying this game is 'getting far too easy'... I may be wrong, of course...  39

Dave, I've got a compelling reason to raise the budget to 151.3. My Dream Team for Stage 1. See below  1

40.0 Christopher Froome
28.8 Tejay Van Garderen
37.8 Michal Kwiatkowski
29.7 Tony Martin

I will pay for your premium membership next year if those 4 riders make up the top 4 on stage 1! (stage 6 maybe your talking but not stage 1)

I have 1 of those, but plenty of other great picks to be had for stage 1 that come well in budget.

Joelsim | 10 years ago
0 likes

Job done.  4

You may as well send me my prize now, save all the hassle of counting.

Pages

Latest Comments