Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

CUBE Super HPC Litening 'SCR' acronym stands for...?

I am considering buying a used CUBE Super HPC Litening SCR. I'd like to know everything I can possibly know about it before I take the plunge.

I know that the acronym "HPC" stands for "High Performance Composite".

Does anybody here know what the acronym "SCR" stands for?

I have searched all over cube.eu and the www for hours at this point. With no luck. Please help me?

Thanks.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

drfabulous0 | 9 years ago
0 likes

FCN=12, respectable but my Bakfiets is 20, not scalping many roadies on it though.

0 likes

No modifier for a helmet but what is he wearing and what luggage is he carrying?

Leviathan replied to drfabulous0 | 9 years ago
0 likes
drfabulous0 wrote:

No modifier for a helmet but what is he wearing and what luggage is he carrying?

Brompton, FFMTB helmet red, Waterproof jacket hiviz yellow, waterproof trousers black in 15C temp. Rucksack of some sort. Extreme urban Bromptoning.

Leviathan | 9 years ago
0 likes

Interesting FOOD CHAIN; where would you put someone wearing a full face MTB helmet whilst riding a Brompton?

BikeLockHolmes | 9 years ago
0 likes

Actually - owing to my super-sleuthing abilities - I suspected all along that 'Super' and 'Racing' were a part of it. Now, an informant - which my portly chum Wattson had developed on my behalf - has solved The Mystery of the Confusing 'C'.

I have it on good authority that 'SCR' stands for 'Super Competition Racing'. So there!  10

Elementary!

Thanks David  3

Nick T | 9 years ago
0 likes

Most of the time, there acronyms are just randomly chosen letters that sound like they stand for something important. Sometimes, the marketing guys can retrospectively fit some equally meaningless words (what's "high performance composite", exactly?) in to explain them, sometimes they're just left as is because capital letters after a name makes everything look more important.

BikeBud | 9 years ago
0 likes

SCR is short for "scrotum", as it is the "dogs bollocks".

0 likes

SCR refers to The Game known as Silly Commuting Racing, the purpose of which is to claim the scalps of people who look faster while defending your own scalp against folk with massive thighs riding on choppers.

Here's a brief explanation nicked off of the BikeRadar forum

Quote:

Silly Commuting Race - The Rules

The Game:
Dropping / Pulling anyone higher in the Food Chain Number makes you stronger and more attractive to burds*. Getting dropped / trying to keep up with anyone lower means your soul hires a kudos remover to lower your self worth. If you scalp someone you have to maintain or extend your lead for such a time as to have the dude you passed admit to themself "I was done". Nipping by, then running into a side road / hiding in traffic won't wash, Be honest with yourself. *Not strictly true

Rules:
1/ No Dangerous Manoeuvres (Don’t be a danger to any other road users or yourself) Falling off causes pain to you and others around you, don’t do it! (oh and you loose yer points)
2/ Don’t ride like a c0ck, we’re all just trying to get somewhere!
3/ No passing at Lights/Junction/Crossings, if you do, it doesn’t count
4/ All passing on open road ONLY. Filtering in traffic is null and void (you know whether you’ve dropped someone fairly, and haven’t turned off straight afterwards)
5/ Pavement passes, either you or the target is void
6/ Show no pain, unless, like me your face is just like that

FOOD CHAIN NUMBERS:
1. Scooters
2. Roadies with shaved legs - like girls *
3. Proper rapid Single speed (real men, messengers, tarty shiny fixies) *
4. Roadies with hairy legs - like men *
5. Faux Single Speeds (fakengers, dirty/functional bikes, silly egg beater gear) *
6. Touring Bikes (Mud Guards) *
7. "Fast Hybrids" *
8. MTBs on Skinnies *
9. MTBs on Nobbies
10. Bromptons / collapsing bikes
11. MTB full sus on Nobbies
12. Shoppers
13. Shoppers wicker baskets
14. Electric bikes
* Pedal Adjustment +1
• ONLY FCN 2-5 gain points for overtaking the same FCN and Higher Chainers
• Recumbents, Tandems and Segways are worth +2 points as a rare bonus
• Sinclair C5 +20 points as a hens teeth bonus

Martyn_K | 9 years ago
0 likes

Don't know what the SCR stands for but i do know that it is a very nice bike. I got a nearly new on ebay last autumn and have been let loose on it this spring.

Fantastic handling, reponse and looks. Go for it you will love it.

Latest Comments