Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Liege Bastogne Liege

Ooops/ It seems like cyclingquotes.com does not, I repeat, does not! have a full startlist up at http://www.cyclingquotes.com/news/the_pressures_off_gilbert_ahead_of_fle... and I cannot read through an article and not go hopelessly overboard and claim things that aren't true, much to my dismay, as I have been so emphatically been pointed out to below. Look at the comments section to see for yourself how a grown man is humiliated by a huge dose of reality.  40  2 *sigh* My bad.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

54 comments

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Alejandro Valverde (MOV)
Michal Kwiatkowski (OPQ)
Jakob Fuglsang (AST)
Tom Jelte Slagter (GRS)
Jelle Vanendert (LTB)
Daniel Martin (GRS)
Romain Zingle (COF)
Julian David Arredondo (TFR)
Nelson Oliveira (LAM)

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Alejandro Valverde
Wout Poels
Christopher Froome
Tom Jelte Slagter
Stefan Denifl
Jelle Vanendert
Damiano Cunego
Rudy Molard
Daniel Martin

Bokonon | 9 years ago
0 likes

MTN-Q and TSV with men in both breaks (L-B-L and Stage 1 in Turkey) today.

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

215km remaining from 263km

Gap is now well over 14mins now  13 So good old steve Cummings has been put on the front to start the chase and bring that down!

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Glad I took Minaard out of my team last night. And also glad I put £2.50 EW on Betancur last night.  105

chiv30 replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

Glad I took Minaard out of my team last night. And also glad I put £2.50 EW on Betancur last night.  105

Betancur didn't make the start, then ur stake should be returned no issue other than a possible 10 point loss if the break makes half way  7

thorolf | 9 years ago
0 likes

Break after 32km:

+8:00

Pirmin Lang
IAM Cycling

Michel Koch
Cannondale

Jacobus Venter
MTN - Qhubeka

Matteo Bono
Lampre-Merida

Pieter Jacobs
Topsport Vlaanderen - Baloise

Marco Minnaard
Wanty - Groupe Gobert

Dapper Giles | 9 years ago
0 likes

Alejandro Valverde (MOV)

Michal Kwiatkowski (OPQ)

Jelle Vanendert (LTB)

Stefan Denifl (IAM)

Philippe Gilbert (BMC)

Daniel Martin (GRS)

Preben Van Hecke (TSV)

Matej Mohoric (CAD)

Julian David Arredondo (TFR)

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

My standard team

Gilbert
Jrod
Valverde
Slagter
Martin
Vanendert
Denifl
Vergaerde
Arredondo

VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes

My Standard Team
Valverde
Gilbert
D Martin
Gerrans
Gasparotto
Jelle Vanendert
Fedrigo
Arredondo
Denifl

I made several changes in Purist from Mollema, Kwai etc end up much the same tam in end ecxept have Slagter instead of Gasparotto...I noticed gaspa did same thing last year,top 10 AM then average in FW and then came good for 6th in LBL..
Denifl came 22nd last year and fedrigo near top 30.

thorolf | 9 years ago
0 likes

Betancur also - DNS.

STEVESPRO 79 | 9 years ago
0 likes

SKY need to change their name to `TEAM SICK`..... Lost count of the number of late withdrawals this year.....

JohnnyRemo | 9 years ago
0 likes

Froome out too.

Team Sky @TeamSky
Chris Froome has been forced to withdraw from #LBL on the morning of the race due to a mild chest infection - po.st/FroomeLBL

http://t.co/DSWSYSjBQb

debbieg | 9 years ago
0 likes

May not have been in many teams, but just for info, Sky are a man down as Pete Kennaugh is out through illness according to Sky twitter feed

Bokonon | 9 years ago
0 likes

That said, there are a stack of worthwhile picks at 3.0 for L-B-L - Meintjes, Arredondo etc. which makes the possibility of a full house of scoring riders even higher. It seems unlikely that they will win, but when picking a team of 8, it's about more than just picking the winner.

VVV73 replied to Bokonon | 9 years ago
0 likes
Bokonon wrote:

That said, there are a stack of worthwhile picks at 3.0 for L-B-L - Meintjes, Arredondo etc. which makes the possibility of a full house of scoring riders even higher. It seems unlikely that they will win, but when picking a team of 8, it's about more than just picking the winner.

Thank you for your response Boko.
Yes there is a few decent 3.0 I feel too, I am sure most will have arredondo, I am staying away from meintjes, tho I got huge wraps on him.
I also read that previously Matej Mohoric had done a 8hr ride in training but only covered abt 240km, The AG was a new record for him at 251km and now set to go longer for first time again  1
I don't think I am gunna back up any Trentino riders, just seems to harsh in this strong field, especially with Valverde and Gilbert firing on all cyclinders.
What I did find interesting is that there is a 5,000 euro prize for sprint at 100km to go mark, so how ever wants that has to be in break....HMMMM
Biggest drama I am having is trying to fit GERRANS in, I need some Orica AUSSIE flavour in team:) Gerro seems to be really fired up for this.
P.S.
I would also like to welcome Micheal Rogers back to the peleton....Damn Chinese beef...lol

VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I have a question. Are young riders like Louis Meintjes capable of backing up the very next day from Trentino, travel over night, thn ride LBL 269km and do well or just getting exp and km in legs?
Seems a very harsh task. Opps got ,my days mixed up, another 24 hrs  1 DOH

johnny2names replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes
VVV73 wrote:

I have a question. Are young riders like Louis Meintjes capable of backing up the very next day from Trentino, travel over night, thn ride LBL 269km and do well or just getting exp and km in legs?
Seems a very harsh task. Opps got ,my days mixed up, another 24 hrs  1 DOH

It's a good question. On paper its great prep, if they had a few extra days to recover. but that was a monster last stage, whereas the other riders who did FW have 2 extra recovery days and no travelling. so my guess is that guys like pozz, duarte, machado, etc... all riding trentino +LBL are at a disadvantage compared to FW riders. It's weird that so many are doing that double in fact! hum

VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Will be very interested to see if 19yo(youngest rider on tour) Matej Mohoric(u23 road race champ) rides break of longest race of the year.. He rode his first break in Amstel Gold
I feel there is some exceptional talent to come out of the junior worlds last year..Mohoric,
Meintjes,Caleb Ewan(very very fast Aussie Kid, will ride for greenedge second half of year), Howson(also a TT machine).
We already seen some of the talent, Alaphilipe was 9th.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I loaded in a provisional today from Le Tour site

obutterwick | 9 years ago
0 likes

Pro Cycling Stats

Dux89 replied to obutterwick | 9 years ago
0 likes
obutterwick wrote:

Pro Cycling Stats

PCS doesn't really have it together yet either. Nibali is not listed on their startlist for Astana, etc.

Bokonon | 9 years ago
0 likes

Also, given that the Sky team in that list lacks Richie Porte, who has stated here: http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/richie-porte/ready-for-return-to-racing... that he is riding L-B-L it is definitely wrong.

Bokonon | 9 years ago
0 likes

No it doesn't, even cyclingquotes don't claim that it's a full start list for L-B-L - read the top of the list: "La Flèche Wallonne - Startlist"

Pages

Latest Comments