Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Which among the following Trek road bikes!!

Hello there,

I am new to road biking and I am on a search for my first road bike. Since I am a Trek fan (owing 2 other Trek MTB and really love them) I would like your comments on the following Trek road bikes that I can find on a good deal. I won’t be doing any racing, but mostly comfortable rides with friends.

Trek Madone 2.3 (2014)
This has alum frame with the Kammtail Virtual Foil tube and with 105 components. This is the cheapest among my options. Sells for 1300 Euros

Trek Madone 3.5 (2013)
This I can get at the discounted price of 1400 Euros since it’s a 2013 model, it’s a full carbon frame and forks with Ultegra components but not the Kammtail Virtual Foil tubes and not internal cabling. Although has some really good reviews.

Trek Madone 4.5 (2014)
This is the bike I would really like to buy but it’s a bit out of my budget. It sells for 2300 Euros.

Trek Domane 4.3 (2014)
This is the Domane model with Iso Speed, It has the Endurance fit and geometry, integrated chain keeper, 400 series OCLV carbon etc . This is on a special price of 1.599 Euros – 2014 model. Since I will not be riding much on “Tour of Flanders” type of roads I am not sure if it would suit me.

I did also a bit of research on Cannondale CAAD8 and CAAD10 models but I believe that in 2015 the new models will come with a new re-designed frame, the current one is from 2011, so why buying one now?

Thanks!!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

notfastenough | 9 years ago
0 likes

The 2014 version of the Madone 4.5 is a bit different, with the aero frame design. That said, I have the 2013 version, bought for £1600, and it is a great bike.

For your purposes though, any of these would be great. If you're after comfortable rides, the Domane may be the best bet. The Madone is a race bike.

fukawitribe replied to notfastenough | 9 years ago
0 likes
notfastenough wrote:

For your purposes though, any of these would be great. If you're after comfortable rides, the Domane may be the best bet. The Madone is a race bike.

Ride wise, I have to agree on this if you're riding in Britain.. the ISOspeed works fabulously well on our roads and other surfaces even on the aluminium frame (like wot I got). The 4.5 is a significant upgrade over the 4.3 however - 11-speed Ultegra, which seems to be not far off Dura Ace from a couple of years ago, and the Race TLR wheelset which is a decent weight, big improvement on the 'Approved Alloy' wheelset and has nice fat rims (and can go tubeless of course, if that floats your boat)... i'd be tempted to try and get a deal on that if you can.

As notfastenough said though, any of these would be great.

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

I dont know a great deal about Trek bikes but if your desperate for the 4.5 have a look at this:

Pedal On
60 Bishopswood Road
Tadley
Hampshire
RG26 4HD
United Kingdom

email: websales [at] pedalon.co.uk

Telephone:+44 (0)118 9821021
Option 1 - Internet Sales Enquiries
Option 2 - Workshop Bookings and Enquiries
Option 3 - Store Enquiries

They have a few left at £1500.

Lost faith in t... replied to Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

Trek bikes have to be picked up from the store, they cant be mail ordered, or shouldnt be mail ordered.

Im assuming when the users prices are in euro that it might be a bit difficult for them to collect the bike.

Interesting fact according to the trek reps, they sell over 8 domanes to every madone these days....

Latest Comments