Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Training partners southampton

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to find people/ groups who go out training in the Southampton (I'm on the Fareham side of Southampton area). Just trying to get up to speed after quite a while off the bike, and I'm getting fed up riding on my own.... Also need to get out with someone who will (almost inevitably!) be better than me. I have been out with a local club, and they were a nice group of guys, so I will go again, but I'm finding that my shift work schedule means that it's hard to consistently get out for specific days - and I don't really want to do long rides on Sundays - I'm looking to do more targeted through and off style rides rather than the more social club runs. Was hoping to find a group that goes out midweek on a slightly more flexible basis. On a similar note, does anyone know of any of the local clubs that organise mid week chain gangs? Just to make clear, I'm happy to join any local club ( or more than one if this is not bad form?) and any suggestions welcome. I can currently average about 18mph on my own on a reasonably hilly route for a couple of hours, and I'm happy to tag along for part of a ride and get dropped if I'm currently a bit sluggish!

Help appreciated,

Chris.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments