Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Brighton to London

Apologies if there's already a thread on this but I couldn't find one.

Does anyone have a half fecent route back from Brighton to the Dorking area? Having slogged alongside the dual carraige way on the way back from the BHF L2B last year I'm after a better route. Looks like there are 2 national cycle routes (222 & a combination of 20/21) but I've had bad experience in the past of them sending you doing muddy tracks which really aren't any good on a road bike.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

pauldmorgan | 9 years ago
0 likes

Have a dig around on Strava or RidewithGPS and see what other folk have been up to and then adapt the route to suit. For example... http://www.strava.com/activities/121219864

SteppenHerring | 9 years ago
0 likes

Normally head out towards Devil's Dyke, over the top and then meet up with the A281 for a short stretch. Where the 281 turns West, turn North instead until you meet the B2116. Left and after a right then a left turn tight onto Wineham Lane. Carry on, straight over the A272 up to Warninglid. Straight through and left onto Hampshire Hill. Straight over the crossroads onto Hammerpond Road. After the dip by the reservoir turn right onto Grouse Road. Left onto Blackhouse Rd to Colgate then a left and a right that drops you down to the A264. Straight across the roundabout and you're at Faygate. Straight on through to Rusper and you're practically back. Left at Newdigate onto Henfold Lane and then maybe take a left up Inholms Lane through North Holmwood.

The Shoreham route is flatter though.

jova54 | 9 years ago
0 likes

You could go along the front towards Shoreham and then pick up the A283 north through Steyning then to Henfield, A281 to Horsham and then round Warnham onto A29 through Ockley and then last bit on A24 from Beare Green to North Holmwood. Avoids most of the major roads.

Edit. Just done a quick check on Google Maps and it's about 42 miles.

Scoob_84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

use the strava route builder have the popularity setting switched on

Latest Comments