Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Best coffee stop treats!

With having changing cycling clubs very recently or more to the point returned to my mainstay club, they do not do coffee stops more a stop for loo & eat your banana then go again, it got me remembering the stops my buddy & i had made during the last few months with the other club, so the point of my rabble is what do you chose when you do do your coffee stop. I'll start with the best couple i have

Pimento, Moira - porridge - they make it with milk/cream & freshly chopped apple & banana
The Vintage Tea Rooms, Moneymore - ANYTHING but their fresh cream scones are ridiculous
The Bay tree, Holywood - if u know this place there is only one thing u can have - Cinnamon Scone UNBELIEVEABLE!!
Lastly can't for the life of me recall the name of the place on the corner of the square, Ballyclare - french toast w bacon maple syrup - Winner! but really i wouldn't chose one above the other

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

giff77 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Deb's Diner in Ballyclare is pretty good as well. I thought the one in the square was closed. I may be wrong. Wasn't really paying any attention last time I rolled through. Used to use the Diner for a post ride refuel. Great wee tea room in Glenarm. Also The Picnic in Killyleagh have some fabulous pastries. Though their waffles are worth the ride out for.

Latest Comments