Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta Pais Vasco Stage 5

My team for today...and 4 transfers remaining for the ITT tomorrow.

Mikel Landa (AST)
Michal Kwiatkowski (OPQ)
Alejandro Valverde (MOV)
Alberto Contador (TSB)
Damiano Cunego (LAM)
Daan Olivier (GSH)
Jesper Hansen (TSB)
Davide Villella (CAD)
Jean-Christophe Peraud (ALM)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

32 comments

Stumps replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I dont even see you in the scores Stumps, do you play under another name?

Sorry mate, my fault, i scored 145 but i had a 10 point penalty so ended up with 135 and came 222nd on the stage. I had worked my score out myself without looking at the results and forgot i had the 10 pointer.

I've had an extra portion of humble pie  2

chrisdstripes replied to chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:

Can someone please explain to me how swift managed to stay in a group of climbers to outsprint them all....was there no attacks on the last two climbs?  13

It was really good stuff from Swift - there were a couple of attacks, and Movistar were driving a pretty hard pace from quite a long way out (40-50km). Lots of decent climbers didn't manage to hang in there, but Swift did. So no unusual explanation, we just have to assume that he's got really good legs at the moment (3rd in San Remo remember) and is maybe better uphill than a lot of us thought. I could imagine him hanging in there in a larger group, but to be one of a group of just 20 surprised me too. Excellent to see.

Pages

Latest Comments