Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Downhill on snow

This guy is arguably nuts but I like his style and without people like him pushing the boundaries then the world would be a duller palce. A Road CC story on him would be a good idea with a follow up on how he gets on with his speed attempt:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/gallery/2014/apr/09/eric-barone-cycling...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

matthewn5 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've seen him doing it at Les Arcs a couple of years ago. Absolutely mad, the speed skiing slope starts off at 66% and is groomed to a sheet of ice. And his first couple of rides were on a bog standard Scott mountain bike.

His aero suit with the blended in shoulders makes him look like Robby the Robot!

Eventually he got up to 200km/h and was disappointed with it.

Incidentally the speed skiing slope when left ungroomed as it mostly is has the best mogels around...

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

He's gone for the red suit again....a very similar "helmet" pure nut case

MartyMcCann | 9 years ago
0 likes

If this doesn't inspire Guy Martin to make a new series of Speed then nothing will!

OldRidgeback | 9 years ago
0 likes

Didn't realise it was the same guy - I remember seeing that clip

dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes

you've seen his volcano crash right?  17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLRDRzMWIsg

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

Cool, you see Cookson wasn't daft when he said switching cycling to the Winter Olympics  35

OldRidgeback replied to Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

Cool, you see Cookson wasn't daft when he said switching cycling to the Winter Olympics  35

Hmm, so that's one cycling sport for the winter Olympics then, the terminal velocity challenge. How about cycle polo or cycle speedway on ice? Any others?

Latest Comments