Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Best Cycling kit?

hi,

i am looking to get some new kit just a short sleeve jersey and some bibbed shorts.

anyone got any good suggestions/past experience with kit.

i currently have some cheap (but very good) DHB kit i use for commenting and wanted to get something new and better comfort wise.

anyone have any suggestions - i know most kit is personal preference but i just wanted to get an idea of what people have found good.

cheers!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

38 comments

PJ McNally | 10 years ago
0 likes

zipvit kit is 25% off now, use code ZVKIT at checkout!

(i just like their kit).

KOShea20 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have just recently purchased the below, they are great, comfy and such a great price.

These 2 together are such a great outfit and designed by the FDJ team.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/aerofit-ss-jersey-900-blk-red-id_8296118.html

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/aerofit-900-cyc-shorts-blk-red-id_8298208.html

s_lim | 10 years ago
0 likes

Our club recently moved to Bioracer for kit - shorts are comfortable and look great

EvansYelhsa | 10 years ago
0 likes

Le Col make really comfortable shorts which I got at the end of last season. The new sport shorts look really good, with a slightly different design and I believe an upgraded chamois.

The pro jersey is really nice as well. Very well made and comfy. And the new sport jersey is a slightly odd design but I'm told is very comfy. Plus its a british brand

themartincox | 10 years ago
0 likes

If it fits and is affordable then it's generally a good bet.

There are very few 'bad' clothing firms these days, so its really down to fit and price.

good luck!

Parkrider | 10 years ago
0 likes

Do try out Santini bib. Have 2 of them and ever since I bought those, I have never turned to my older bibs, F2P and some other China bibs. Jersey wise imo it's all the same for me

Swami Dave | 10 years ago
0 likes

Another vote for Torm jerseys, Sportful bibs and Nanoflex/No Rain. If you're not keen on screamy Castelli logos then Sportful is exactly the same gear at a lower price. That said, the Castelli Free Aero bibs are supremely comfy. Sugoi's bibs are also very comfy but size up on the large side.

MrC | 10 years ago
0 likes

My favourites out of my gear:
Autumn/Spring (and quite a bit of summer..) SS jerseys- Torm
Hot weather SS Jersey - Endura/Sugoi
roubaix bib shorts - dhb (but then I only have dhb...)
Normal Bib shorts - Mavic
Bib Tights - dhb
Long sleeve jersey - Endura Roubaix
arm warmers - dhb
knee warmers - dhb
base layers - helly hansen
Cold weather gloves - gore soft shell
gilet - sportful
jacket - haven't really found a favourite. prefer a gilet, but that's just me...
sunglasses - salice

Pages

Latest Comments