Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cervelo R3 or S3

Heyy all. I'm looking to upgrade my bike and Cervelo is the choice for me. But I'm stuck between a R3 or S3. Both are priced similarly. I'm looking to get one which is versatile as a race machine and also comfortable. Where I live the road are full of broken roads and pot holes so I'm more inclined towards to a R3 as it seems versatile as a performance machine as well as comfortable. S3 is definitely lot stiffer so the ride should be more harsh apparently. What do you guys think? Your advice would be much appreciated.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

clayfit | 10 years ago
0 likes

R3. Light, stiff, comfortable and still reasonably aerodynamic. One of the very best all-rounder frames out there today.
The S3 is not an all round frame. I took one out for a weekend and loved the speed from the aerodynamics, but found that the front is too soft and does not track well, and that the back really gives you a pummelling. It's great for a short fast ride, like a triathlon with drafting, or an evening blast on smooth roads. For all other rides get an R3. Or an R5.

jmaccelari | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have an R3 and it is very stiff and a fantastic racer. I also looked at the S3 but the ride of the R3 and its climbing ability seemed superior to me.

Latest Comments