Cervelo R3 or S3

by Muntasir   April 5, 2014  

Heyy all. I'm looking to upgrade my bike and Cervelo is the choice for me. But I'm stuck between a R3 or S3. Both are priced similarly. I'm looking to get one which is versatile as a race machine and also comfortable. Where I live the road are full of broken roads and pot holes so I'm more inclined towards to a R3 as it seems versatile as a performance machine as well as comfortable. S3 is definitely lot stiffer so the ride should be more harsh apparently. What do you guys think? Your advice would be much appreciated.

2 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

I have an R3 and it is very stiff and a fantastic racer. I also looked at the S3 but the ride of the R3 and its climbing ability seemed superior to me.

Advice is a form of nostalgia. Dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it's worth.

jmaccelari's picture

posted by jmaccelari [165 posts]
5th April 2014 - 12:15

0 Likes

R3. Light, stiff, comfortable and still reasonably aerodynamic. One of the very best all-rounder frames out there today.
The S3 is not an all round frame. I took one out for a weekend and loved the speed from the aerodynamics, but found that the front is too soft and does not track well, and that the back really gives you a pummelling. It's great for a short fast ride, like a triathlon with drafting, or an evening blast on smooth roads. For all other rides get an R3. Or an R5.

posted by clayfit [33 posts]
5th April 2014 - 18:25

1 Like