Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

The adverts on this site...

What is it with the ads in between the "Today's Top Stories" and "Latest Comments" boxes?

I've never seen such an unrelenting stream of implausibly crap products or hopelessly hopeful funding requests!!! Ive seen lego-like electric cars; hu-shui-dui expanded polystyrene electronicky looking things (NFI what they actually were), and a stack of other nonsense.

And then we get the raffle...

Has some evil genius hacked the road.cc server?

(and before any smart arse chips in and tells me these ads are driven by the cookies on my pooter, I can assure you these ads are NOTHING to do with the cookies on my machine  16 )

Afterthought...This is the 3rd of April, isn't it?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Jack Osbourne snr | 9 years ago
0 likes

It's not the ads being there that bothers me... it's the seemingly random nature of them as they often have no connection with cycling and the fact that most of the stuff is utter crap or at best bizarre!

And why is it only the ad space between today's todays top stories and latest comments and not all of them?

chokofingrz | 9 years ago
0 likes

Flashblock FTW. The day companies advertise on my laptop screen while heating it up and draining the battery is the day... well actually it's probably not that far into the future tbh.  2

CapriciousZephyr | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've never noticed any ads there. Adblock Plus ftw.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

89/115 companies could advertise on my browser and now 0/115 can  103

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Adchoices? You can opt out of seeing them somehow I believe

http://www.aboutads.info/choices/

Latest Comments