Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Hard Acceleration away from cyclists - increase in how many times this happens

Recently I have experienced an unnerving increase in the amount of times a car passes me, drops down a gear and accelerates hard away leaving a plume of horrible fumes from their exhaust. Not restricted to but certainly Audi's, BMW, pretend sports cars types all have done this recently.
Its as if they follow a car based website (like this is for cyclists) and have read a post on how to legally p!ss of cyclists and generally get up their noses.
All of a sudden, every ride I go on this happens.

Anyone else suffer the same and what can we do ?

ta all

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

hicki35 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Generally find this behaviour worse when driving near Santa Pod raceway after a meeting, also. Near football grounds when midweek training has just finished. Anyone else noticed this?

Jack Osbourne snr | 9 years ago
0 likes

Carry a bag of potatoes with you at all times.

Every time this happens, follow the car the car until the driver gets out and leaves it unattended. At this point, you swing your spuds into action and ram a starchy nugget into very shyte-pipe you can find on the vehicle (most vehicles of the general type you describe have between two and four exhaust pipes - hence the need for a whole bag of potatoes).

Next time the car is started, it will make some hideous noises followed by one-four loud bangs as the potatoes are ejected at high velocity and transform themselves into instant mash on the vehicle behind.

Its a wizard wheeze.

Leviathan | 9 years ago
0 likes

I do this every morning now when I overtake all the newbie bikers on the road to work, though my rear end doesn't give off many emissions.

There are a lot of white Audis and Beemers round my way, Cheshire Polar Bears I call them. Best given a wide berth.

Super Domestique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Isn't it just that they have slowed down, passed you, then accelerate back up to speed?

Super Domestique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Isn't it just that they have slowed down, passed you, then accelerate back up to speed?

badback | 9 years ago
0 likes

Been happening to me for the past 25 years. Nothing new. I just think folks are trying to get around you as quickly as possible.

Latest Comments