Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Winners Thread

Out of curiosity, I was wondering who has managed to win anything so far this year, and if so what and how many times!
I managed to come 2nd on a stage missing out by 1 point  102 , but that's the closest I've been so far this year.
Managed to win the Classic San Sebastian last year, but that was before the Wiggle sponsorship so no prize  2

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

26 comments

Tom Amos | 9 years ago
0 likes

I won a mini pump but it has yet to arrive....

Jonas Lorenzen | 9 years ago
0 likes

I just realized that i came in second in the spring classics  36

Wonder if Wiggle will ship my glory's runners-up price to Denmark...  105

20thebear | 9 years ago
0 likes

I won Paris Nice stage 8 but have not received my prize either.

leortp | 9 years ago
0 likes

already claimed the prize - just concerned it's going to go to an old address if it doesn't get dispatched soon

Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes

I just had a notification on the Fantasy Cycling Game "you have won a prize, click here to claim it". The I filled out my details. You may need to do that.

I won two prizes yet the form data was saved.

leortp | 9 years ago
0 likes

I won a buff at Tirreno. When will the prizes be sent out please? Moving soon so may need to provide a new address if it'll be more than 1 week from now...

rcorbin | 9 years ago
0 likes

2nd overall in TdF last year!

Few stage wins too

obutterwick | 9 years ago
0 likes

...and I've finally won something after Pais Vasco yesterday. Won Romandie overall last year but that was in the days before prizes in all competitions.

STEVESPRO 79 | 9 years ago
0 likes

In my third season and been fortunate enough to win 3 prizes so far....A Tour de France goody bag, a shiny pump and a useful box of cleaning equipment...  4

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

I won Tour de Suisse in 2012 thanks to Albasini's breakaway heroics. My only top 10 in a non-premium comp (ie lots more competition) was 9th in Spring Classics last year, but I have to say that isn't going quite so well this year!

3rd overall in purist last year, but that was more down to enthusiasm, consistent top 100s, and not missing any races than any actual knowledge...

Twybaydos replied to chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

3rd overall in purist last year, but that was more down to enthusiasm, consistent top 100s, and not missing any races than any actual knowledge...

This is how I am currently 6th

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

My highest GT finish is 23rd in the 2012 Giro and I have a few top 10s in stage races but I'm yet to win anything outright,

10th - Tour of Britain
2nd (purist) - Vuelta
3rd (purist) - Tour of Beijing

7th - Volta Algarve
7th - Paris Nice
7th - Volta Catalunya
6th - Pais Vasco (purist)
9th - Tour de Romandie
10th (purist) - Tour de Suisse
8th - Tour of Poland

8th - Tour de Med
9th (purist) - Tour de Med
5th - Volta Catalunya

Needless to say my favourite races tend to be the spring stage races, Algarve, Med, Catalunya and Pais Vasco.

Classics are not my strong suit as proven by my 469th position in 2012, 442nd position in 2013 and current 192nd position this year. I kinda miss the old style purist classics comp, I managed to finish 4th in that one year. It has to be said though, there are loads fewer confused people on the forum this year trying to work out how transfers work for purist people.

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

As far as overall in a comp I've managed 5th in the Autumn classics purist last year!

I did win a stage of the tour of Poland in 2012 thanks to Ben swifts sprinting skills  105 but no prizes back then for just stages  40

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Looking at my palmares, Best I've come is 9th in the Autumn classics last year, before that, I came 13th in the purist Tour De France in 2012, I was right up there until stage 15. I only scored 50, followed by a 57 and 62, that lost me ground.

Competition purist position 13
Tour de France: Prologue: Liege - Liege 96
Tour de France: Stage 1: Liege - Seraing 107
Tour de France: Stage 2: Visé - Tournai 69
Tour de France: Stage 3: Orchies - Boulogne sur Mer 125
Tour de France: Stage 4: Abbeville - Rouen 73
Tour de France: Stage 5: Rouen - Saint Quentin 40
Tour de France: Stage 6: Épernay - Metz 86
Tour de France: Stage 7: Tomblaine - La Planche des Belles Filles 90
Tour de France: Stage 8: Belfort - Porrentruy 39
Tour de France: Stage 9: Arc et Senans - Besançon 77
Tour de France: Stage 10: Macon - Bellegarde sur Valserine 97
Tour de France: Stage 11: Albertville - Foncouverte la Toussuire 38
Tour de France: Stage 12: Saint Jean de Maurienne - Annonay 49
Tour de France: Stage 13: Saint Paul Trois Chateaux - Cap d'Agde 61
Tour de France: Stage 14: Limoux - Foix 164
Tour de France: Stage 15: Samatan - Pau 50
Tour de France: Stage 16: Pau - Bagneres de Luchon 57
Tour de France: Stage 17: Bagneres de Luchon - Peyragudes 62
Tour de France: Stage 18: Blagnac - Brive la Gaillarde 86
Tour de France: Stage 19: Bonneval - Chartres 76
Tour de France: Stage 20: Rambouillet - Paris 71
Competition overall score 1613

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

I almost won the purist Vuelta a couple of years ago, was leading into the last day but was pipped at the finish and beaten by 2 points, what made it worse was the fact that when the scores sent up first time I thought I'd won and then they were changed  20

cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes

Oh, I forgot to say, I've just lost the first place in the purist comp in Catalunya on the very last day, by something like 12 or 14 points. That hurt. I had it all worked out: 4 sprint stages, two GS stages and one escape day. There was only one way to go: a 9 sprinter team. I lost by a whisker, and that was because of a darn good sprinter: Contador decided one day that he might beat the sprinters, and the lunatic even got 6th. At that moment I knew all my shrewd calculations would crumble in the end, and those 18 points of his finally proved to be my downfall. Really, somebody should talk some sense into Bertie...

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Two 3rd places (med and algarve) and one stage win (algarve) this year

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I want to win a prize too.

0 likes

What?  45

0 likes

I came 2nd on the Giro TTT last year got a nice pump  105 because Mr Atkinson came 1st!  103

Joelsim replied to livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

I came 2nd on the Giro TTT last year got a nice pump  105 because Mr Atkinson came 1st!  103

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Back to the story, I managed to come 6th in Algarve, and that was my best yet in my noob year.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I have never won anything because there are too many cheats  19

Joelsim replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I have never won anything because there are too many cheats  19

I thought the modern English was 'cheater', the number of times I've seen English people write that recently.

Or that could be American.

Dang, I blame LA.

For everything.

cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes

Well, after two years of near misses and coin toss defeats, I finally one a stage in the Tour the Med and the Tour de Med overall... didn't get the prizes yet though...  105

dave atkinson replied to cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes
cgipryan wrote:

Well, after two years of near misses and coin toss defeats, I finally one a stage in the Tour the Med and the Tour de Med overall... didn't get the prizes yet though...  105

Tour of the Med prizes have certainly been posted, and you're on the winner's list, so not sure what's going on there. you should email me.

Latest Comments