Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Help - Cateye Velo Wireless+ only showing the time

I bought a Cateye Velo Wireless+ Computer for my road bike and thought I had installed it correctly but having just returned from a shortish local ride, I have to report that all it told me was the time. Looking at the attached photos, have I attached it incorrectly? If anyone can help shed some light on this, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

(I have 700 x 23c tyres so I set the unit to '210' as per the table included with the instructions, in case that helps)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Redvee | 10 years ago
0 likes

Have a look to see if there isn't a piece of plastic in the sensor saving battery life. Pass the magnet over the sensor manually after doing the above.

jova54 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Looking at your pictures I would suggest that you have it on the wrong side of the fork and consequently the round the wrong way.

The sensor is usually fitted to the leading edge of the right-hand fork leg with the battery compartment access on the inner side. You will then see the marking 'Sensor Zone' at the top of the unit which will enable you to line the magnet with the sensor.

You may need to angle the unit in towards the wheel to get a good pick-up.

You can check for operation before you set off by picking up the front of the bike and spinning the wheel. If all is properly set-up even a 'Sleeping' display will activate and show you a road speed measurement.

If you can her clicking it generally means that the magnet is hitting the sensor which is not a good thing. i have mine set up with about a 2mm gap and it works fine.

(I posted this in the review article originally)

andycoventry | 10 years ago
0 likes

Easy way to check if its fitted correctly - stick your ear by the receiver and spin the wheel, should get a faint click every time the magnet passes the receiver.

No click means the set up is wrong.

SirCav replied to andycoventry | 10 years ago
0 likes
andycoventry wrote:

Easy way to check if its fitted correctly - stick your ear by the receiver and spin the wheel, should get a faint click every time the magnet passes the receiver.

No click means the set up is wrong.

Thanks. I just checked and there was no audible click. Hmmm...

Latest Comments