Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Planet x- Great customer support

It always gets posted up when people have a problem, so I thought it was only fair that I take a minute to share my experience of their customer support.

Firstly this is not the first time I have had a good outcome, I would say there have been at least 3 occasions where I have had a quick positive response.

Anyway, the slightly truncated version is: I had a problem with a frame, but because I simply used the frame as an ornament for quite some time before I built it up I did not notice it was not right. It was so long that it was out of warranty.
So I contacted Brant and sent it in, and have dealt with a guy called Lee who has kept me up to date at each stage. Within a week I have a new frame ready to be sent, and BB bearings swapped out etc.
The thing is I think the outcome is fair and handled well and quickly, but I have had plenty of dealings with other companies where they try to wriggle out of it, so fair play to them and I will now have to buy another bike from them within the year as I like to reward good companies  1

I posted this on singletrack as well- I hope you dont mind but not everyone reads both forums

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

MKultra | 10 years ago
0 likes

Makes a change. The older Inbred frames were/are known to have a habit of failing at the head tube welds to which the only answer Brandt came back with at the time was "my frames don't break"...

ilovemytinbred | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yeah I have bought more than the odd thing just because it is so damn cheap- but then never get round to using it. Not much of a bargain then!

If i need to buy something then bike clothing is always a good bet. I wear it out so quickly it never goes to waste. Some of the planet x stuff has been good quality too, although sizing is always a bit of a lottery on the internet

bashthebox | 10 years ago
0 likes

That's nice to hear. I like buying from P-X; though I've never dealt with their customer support I've found that they dispatch things next day, if not sooner, and I always receive the product less than 24 hours after dispatch. Text message and email updates work well too - and all this is free. Compare that to Wiggle or CRC and there's no contest. Wiggle charge a fiver for that service.
And of course there's always deals to be had. This does mean that I end up buying all sorts of shit I don't need and never use, however. Whoops.

Latest Comments