Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Volta Ciclista a Catalunya - Stage 2

Morning,

Another day for the sprinters today, a MM stage but fairly flat in the latter half means that it's likely we'll see a bunch sprint with fewer of the hard-men involved.  Meersman won both of the first stages last year, can Mezgec equal this?

I've made a couple of changes dropping one DNS (Agnoli, who I'll never forgive) and one crappy domestique for an in form sprinter and another crappy domestique in the KoM jersey.

My tactic for this race is to use my transfers and if necessary use penalties too.  I made the mistake of being conservative in Paris-Nice and Tirreno-Adriatico, saving transfers and trying to avoid penalties, it didn't work for me and cost me points so this week I'm testing out the opposite approach and going transfer crazy.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

41 comments

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

11 Hardy
12 Pineau
13 Lancaster
14 Serry
15 Kelderman
16 Marino
17 Poulhies
18 Dumoulin
19 Madrazo
20 Koch

And, last man is Nizzolo  36

Good day for me, 1, 2, 3, 4, 9, 18, last man and jersey points, about 185 I think.

simon F replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

And, last man is Nizzolo  36

Good day for me, 1, 2, 3, 4, 9, 18, last man and jersey points, about 185 I think.

Damn - you win. I thought Nizzolo seemed out of shape so didn't pick him. Wish I'd realised just how out of shape he was  2

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Lots of points today, lots of penalty transfers for tomorrow though, going to probably have to make 6 transfers so that's 40 penalties straight away.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Scores going up.

stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes

Starting to get panic stricken now!  31 My tactic of leaving out the sprinters in my purist team has given me the old Mezgec double, a pair of boobies, and with Arrendondo already creaking I am just praying that the fightback begins tomorrow  17 I have 4 big names to cheer for and they had better start to earn some money or my strong early season form will all have been for nothing.

chiv30 replied to stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:

Starting to get panic stricken now!  31 My tactic of leaving out the sprinters in my purist team has given me the old Mezgec double, a pair of boobies, and with Arrendondo already creaking I am just praying that the fightback begins tomorrow  17 I have 4 big names to cheer for and they had better start to earn some money or my strong early season form will all have been for nothing.

Peaked too early?  19

johnny2names | 10 years ago
0 likes

sweated a bit, swapped in alaphillipe for nizolo- worth it even though the nizz got last!
purist scored another doughnut today, amazingly up 160 odd positions in purist league though  21

All change tomorrow!

Joelsim | 10 years ago
0 likes

Impressive day again. 11 points in Standard and 0 points in Purist. That'll still be 0 in Purist then.

JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

Second impressive day for my purist team with a xsecond big round zero points and zubeldia has abandoned. Im getting worse at this game.

STEVESPRO 79 replied to JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

Second impressive day for my purist team with a xsecond big round zero points and zubeldia has abandoned. Im getting worse at this game.

Exactly the same ......... just total CRAP...  102

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

I got 1pt on stage 1 and rock all on stage 2.......Stage 3's the day for a full house though(more optimistic than a TiVo breakaway!!)

Pages

Latest Comments