Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Pothole related Crash claim

Happened in Glasgow on Monday morning, police attended, witness statements taken.

Is using the legal assistance through my British Cycling membership the best way to raise a claim for compensation?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Jack Osbourne snr replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yeah Gkam, I saw that. Good luck to the guy.

Having your quality of life permanently impaired due to no fault of your own is amongst the top worst things that could happen whilst you're on the planet. It's a shame the council contested it though... They'd have paid out almost automatically if it had been a car driver claiming for broken suspension or a cracked alloy.

I'm fairly sure the issues I'm having will resolve themselves after a couple of months... I hope!

Jack Osbourne snr | 10 years ago
0 likes

Pm'd you.

We've had many a chat on the road. Cya back on the road in May.

Jack Osbourne snr | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks mate.

It was Queens Drive/ Grange Road, so although nearby it sounds like you stopped for another unfortunate soul. I was unconscious for 10-15 minutes and have a triple fracture to left collarbone, but my fizzog mostly stayed off the tarmac.

We probably know one another though because I'd have turned right onto Vicky road and under the M74...so we cover the same route.

Do you live in Stewarton?

freeyourinnertube replied to Jack Osbourne snr | 10 years ago
0 likes

Blimey sounds really bad. We probably do know each other by sight at least or to chat at the lights as yes we share part of the same route, and I do commute in from Stewarton.

Say hello when you're healed and we pass each other.

freeyourinnertube | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hi

If this was on Pollockshaws road, then I stopped to see how you were. I also mentioned that I had reported the potholes via fill that hole going back a number of years. I posted details of my reports at http://citycyclingglasgow.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=132 I also have video of the road conditions on Monday, and back in December that clearly show the defect - contact me via this or other forum linked above for youtube links to those videos.

giff77 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I would say yes. They will have the knowledge and resources that a local solicitor will not necessarily have. You pay for your membership. How's the time to use it. Hope it works out for you.

Latest Comments