Home

I've only found Howies jerseys that have a specific pocket for a pump, surely there must be others? i've always been a little wary of it sticking out of the regular pockets and it's a nice Lezyne one so I don't want to lose it

19 comments

jezzzer [329 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Pack it in with spare tube etc and it'll stay put. Although I also thought that feature on the new Howies jersey was a great idea.

Nick T [971 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Rapha middle pockets have a sleeve for the pump inside them. I've never had a pump fall out of any other jersey, however.

fullers1979 [47 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

+1 for Rapha, although I've not used it to carry a pump yet so I can't comment on how effective it is.

BikeBud [244 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

I'm never comfortable with a pump in my pocket - the thought of it sticking in my ribs if I fall off!  17

allez neg [497 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

I stick mine down the front of my shorts.

bikerdavecycling [75 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

I stick mine down the back of my shorts.

Gets funny looks at Cafe stops, but never have to queue for the loo.

duncbell [8 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

I have a Cafe du Cycliste jersey which has a couple of elastic loops stitched into one of the pockets to keep your pump secure. Same as Nick T for me though, I've not had an untethered pump fall out of a pocket.

Shep73 [211 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

I put a couple of O rings around my pump so it grips against my jersey and other items in the pocket. I also have a lezyne.
The other option is, if you have enough seat post out, get some velcro cable ties and tie to the back of the seat post, again using two O rings so it doesn't clatter and grips the seat post.

egb [43 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

I get the feeling I'm just being a little paranoid then. I'll give it a whirl in the back pocket tonight. If any Bristol based riders find a shiny silver Lezyne pump rolling down a hill then you know what happened.  40

Cheers all.

allezrider [92 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Depends on the relative size of pump and depth of pocket - if you have more than 50% of the pump's length sticking out (and a loose pocket) the pump's inertia could cause it to rotate out. Stick a mini pump in a pocket and you'd have to be going over moguls for it to come out.

Grizzerly [339 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

If you run over a Mogul on your bike, I reckon losing your pump would be the least of your worries!  4

glynr36 [637 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

First thing that goes in my middle pocket.
Never lost anything out a pocket with a decent tight fit jersey, I've seen people loose things when they have a baggier jersey on.

Kapelmuur [343 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Is it against 'The Rules' to use the bracket that Lezyne supply with their pumps?

Nick T [971 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

If you follow such things, then yes. Otherwise, you have to endure the rattle of your pump handle wherever you go.

sorebones [139 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

I have a couple of Rapha jerseys and only recently started to use the pump loop in the middle pocket. Very effective, I don't notice it's there once I'm riding.

ParleeZ3 [2 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

I completely agree with the comments regarding the Rapha jerseys - very effective.

Nzlucas [125 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

+1 for the rapha except the lightweight jersey which has a silly little zippered pocket instead

bashthebox [752 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Pump+tube+tyre levers+elastic bands. All one easy to grab bundle, and it goes nowhere when in your pocket. Easy.

egb [43 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

That's a good idea, should've thought of that. The pump stayed put with no fuss this evening on a hilly blast of country lanes so that was good; snug Italian clothing probably helped  4 . I think it should stay safe so I can sleep soundly knowing my beloved TCR won't be sullied by a pump attached. A victory for vanity.