Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Jerseys with a specific pocket for a pump

I've only found Howies jerseys that have a specific pocket for a pump, surely there must be others? i've always been a little wary of it sticking out of the regular pockets and it's a nice Lezyne one so I don't want to lose it

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

19 comments

bashthebox | 10 years ago
0 likes

Pump+tube+tyre levers+elastic bands. All one easy to grab bundle, and it goes nowhere when in your pocket. Easy.

egb replied to bashthebox | 10 years ago
0 likes

That's a good idea, should've thought of that. The pump stayed put with no fuss this evening on a hilly blast of country lanes so that was good; snug Italian clothing probably helped  4 . I think it should stay safe so I can sleep soundly knowing my beloved TCR won't be sullied by a pump attached. A victory for vanity.

Nzlucas | 10 years ago
0 likes

+1 for the rapha except the lightweight jersey which has a silly little zippered pocket instead

ParleeZ3 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I completely agree with the comments regarding the Rapha jerseys - very effective.

sorebones | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have a couple of Rapha jerseys and only recently started to use the pump loop in the middle pocket. Very effective, I don't notice it's there once I'm riding.

Nick T | 10 years ago
0 likes

If you follow such things, then yes. Otherwise, you have to endure the rattle of your pump handle wherever you go.

Kapelmuur | 10 years ago
0 likes

Is it against 'The Rules' to use the bracket that Lezyne supply with their pumps?

glynr36 | 10 years ago
0 likes

First thing that goes in my middle pocket.
Never lost anything out a pocket with a decent tight fit jersey, I've seen people loose things when they have a baggier jersey on.

Shep73 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I put a couple of O rings around my pump so it grips against my jersey and other items in the pocket. I also have a lezyne.
The other option is, if you have enough seat post out, get some velcro cable ties and tie to the back of the seat post, again using two O rings so it doesn't clatter and grips the seat post.

egb | 10 years ago
0 likes

I get the feeling I'm just being a little paranoid then. I'll give it a whirl in the back pocket tonight. If any Bristol based riders find a shiny silver Lezyne pump rolling down a hill then you know what happened.  40

Cheers all.

allezrider replied to egb | 10 years ago
0 likes

Depends on the relative size of pump and depth of pocket - if you have more than 50% of the pump's length sticking out (and a loose pocket) the pump's inertia could cause it to rotate out. Stick a mini pump in a pocket and you'd have to be going over moguls for it to come out.

Grizzerly replied to allezrider | 10 years ago
0 likes

If you run over a Mogul on your bike, I reckon losing your pump would be the least of your worries!  4

duncbell | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have a Cafe du Cycliste jersey which has a couple of elastic loops stitched into one of the pockets to keep your pump secure. Same as Nick T for me though, I've not had an untethered pump fall out of a pocket.

bikerdavecycling | 10 years ago
0 likes

I stick mine down the back of my shorts.

Gets funny looks at Cafe stops, but never have to queue for the loo.

allez neg | 10 years ago
0 likes

I stick mine down the front of my shorts.

BikeBud | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm never comfortable with a pump in my pocket - the thought of it sticking in my ribs if I fall off!  17

fullers1979 | 10 years ago
0 likes

+1 for Rapha, although I've not used it to carry a pump yet so I can't comment on how effective it is.

Nick T | 10 years ago
0 likes

Rapha middle pockets have a sleeve for the pump inside them. I've never had a pump fall out of any other jersey, however.

jezzzer | 10 years ago
0 likes

Pack it in with spare tube etc and it'll stay put. Although I also thought that feature on the new Howies jersey was a great idea.

Latest Comments