Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Volta Ciclista a Catalunya

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

43 comments

livestrongnick replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

The biggest problem picking my teams is that I want to pick Adam Yates but don't have a spare spot, far too many options at that kind of price and Orica have a few guys I want in my team.

Same here Dr.
Gonna see how he fairs today and tomorrow. Gone Chaves for purist as hoping he does an Arredondo  3

ray silvester replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

gotta stop tinkering with mine  102

gone all spanish bar 1 for purist  26

JRod
SS
Beefy
lulu
Navarro
Nieve
Fernandez
M.Garcia
Chaves (columbian)

Only 2 Spaniards for me in standard(same surname)....the rest are a pretty cosmopolitan lot.....first 3 will definitely come out on stage 3

Howard
DuMoulin
Mezgec
Kessiakoff
LuLu
Sammy
Arredondo
DeGendt
Ratto

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Played it a bit safe, may loose out to someone who has gambled on Mezgec and Dumoulin, but also may not

Betancur
Moreno
Martin
Ratto
LL Sanchez
Sammy Sanchez
Chaves
Vakoc
Mederel

Purist

Betancur
Contador
Rodriguez
Sammy Sanchez
LL Sanchez
Arredondo
Landa
Chaves
Vakoc

Had to leave out Degand, Stetina and Rebellin from my purist who all have value.

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Standard

Joaquin Rodriguez (KAT)
Samuel Sanchez (BMC)
Rigoberto Uran (OPQ)
Luka Mezgec (GSH)
Julian David Arredondo (TFR)
Luis Leon Sanchez (CJR)
Johan Esteban Chaves (OGE)
Arnold Jeannesson (FDJ)
Jerome Baugnies (WGG)

Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes

Am I the only person who's backed Froome?

Purist:
Froome
Contador
Lulu
Rebellin
Howard
Dumoulin
Chaves
Arredondo
Alaphillipe

So many little gems I could have picked: Degand, Landa, Koldo Fernandez, Yates, Earle,

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Late change Fuglsang is in for Agnoli

ray silvester replied to Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes
Twybaydos wrote:

Am I the only person who's backed Froome?

Purist:
Froome
Contador
Lulu
Rebellin
Howard
Dumoulin
Chaves
Arredondo
Alaphillipe

So many little gems I could have picked: Degand, Landa, Koldo Fernandez, Yates, Earle,

I've got Froome in purist...plus Contador,Betancur,Stetina,Gaimon,Kessiakoff,Arredondo,LuLu and Serpa

drheaton replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

Son of a....  14

Agnoli is in both my teams, drafted him into my Purist team this morning before the news came out he'd been replaced in the Astana team.

Sodding pro-teams, don't they know how many people they affect with last minute changes  20

arsene | 10 years ago
0 likes

Froome
Contador
Uran
Howard
Arredondo
Landa
Alaphilippe
Eijssen
Koldo

ray silvester replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:
livestrongnick wrote:

Son of a....  14

Agnoli is in both my teams, drafted him into my Purist team this morning before the news came out he'd been replaced in the Astana team.

Sodding pro-teams, don't they know how many people they affect with last minute changes  20

It was pretty widely publicised on twitter.....but only in the 2 hours preceding deadline I think.......I actually considered bringing Jakob in but t-o-o-o dear at 24.2 when you can get Sammy,Navarro or Barguil for less than 20.....wouldn't be surprised if he top 10's in GC though without setting the world alight fantasy wise.

drheaton replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

It was pretty widely publicised on twitter.....but only in the 2 hours preceding deadline I think.......I actually considered bringing Jakob in but t-o-o-o dear at 24.2 when you can get Sammy,Navarro or Barguil for less than 20.....wouldn't be surprised if he top 10's in GC though without setting the world alight fantasy wise.

Yeah, unfortunately I was working from 9 this morning so wasn't able to keep an eye on the latest developments.

Oh well, I'm sure this won't be the only time it happens this year.

enrique replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

... this race doesn't appear to run a standard 'sprint jersey' or 'points jersey'...

I don't know where the offcial site is posting it but PCS is reporting a Srint classification for Catalunya:

http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Volta_Ciclista_a_Catalunya_2014_Stag...

By the looks of it I'd say they're only counting Intermediate sprints...

drheaton replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
drheaton wrote:

... this race doesn't appear to run a standard 'sprint jersey' or 'points jersey'...

I don't know where the offcial site is posting it but PCS is reporting a Srint classification for Catalunya:

http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Volta_Ciclista_a_Catalunya_2014_Stag...

By the looks of it I'd say they're only counting Intermediate sprints...

The information on the official site pre-race was very patchy. It turns out they're running two separate intermediate sprint competitions and I'm scoring the main one based on the usual scoring format.

Pages

Latest Comments