Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Looking to upgrade my groupset

Hi I own as specialized secteur triple with a shimano 2300 setup! I was gonna trade in the bike and look at a new one but have now decided it's maybe better to upgrade! Is this easy to do? Any advice on which groupset to go for welcome! Was thinking tiagra as I really don't have much money to spend! Should I buy 2nd hand/eBay or go to a bike shop and get it fitted while I'm there? Any advice welcome! Sorry this is a bit vague but I really not too sure what to buy!

Many thanks

Doaky

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Doaky | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cheers guys! Appreciate the help

mrmo | 10 years ago
0 likes

i would suggest sticking to new, i am of the opinion that all those stolen bikes have to be going somewhere, ebay/gumtree. Also any components sold on are usually pretty worn, why sell unless you have worn it out? Just of the opinion not worth the risks.

SamShaw | 10 years ago
0 likes

Check out Ribble, their prices are hard to beat and 105 is an absolute steal for not much more than Tiagra. http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/gsg/road-track-bike/shimano-road-groupsets...

I'd try to buy new if you can - it'll transform your bike. You could get most of it fitted yourself using Youtube and the like to learn how, then get your bike shop to tune it up once you've done all you can. Also worth asking mates if they can help, someone might know how to fit it, and have the tools to do it too.

Latest Comments