Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Women's World Cup - Boels Rental Ronde van Drenthe

The race should be open soon and runs tomorrow so there's not much time to pick your teams.

It's a proper classic with plenty of short sharp climbs and, by the sounds of it, some crap 'cobbles' too.

Three time winner (and reigning champ) Marriane Vos isn't riding but a lot of the other big names in the women's peloton are racing and it should be a good race and with British interest in the shape of Lizzie Armitstead (who finished 7th last year), Lucy Martin and Emma Grant there's plenty to cheer for even if you don't know any of the other riders.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

35 comments

Simon_MacMichael replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Scores are in.

So here is me, pushing to get the womens races into the fantasy game and get a little more attention....Then I go on twitter and see the prizes for today.

A hoover, A deep fat fryer and I think a toaster....I shit you not.

The sponsors and the UCI should be ashamed

A deep fat fryer? For a pro cyclist?

Wonder which one Lizzie got?

cgipryan replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Scores are in.

So here is me, pushing to get the womens races into the fantasy game and get a little more attention....Then I go on twitter and see the prizes for today.

A hoover, A deep fat fryer and I think a toaster....I shit you not.

The sponsors and the UCI should be ashamed

That is so shocking that, I promise you, I'll follow all the women's cycling I can from now on.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Lizzie got a hoover

simon F | 10 years ago
0 likes

The men's prizes aren't a whole shit load better...

José Been ‏@TourDeJose
Grand prizes for the men: a vacuum for @Kennydehaes, a grill, a toaster, an office chair, Easter decorations & beer! http://twitpic.com/dyevxm

bikecellar | 10 years ago
0 likes

https://www.youtube.com/user/rtvdrenthe

Highlights (dutch language), what happened to the BBC highlights program? anybody know ?

Pages

Latest Comments