Tirreno - Stage 2

by backflipbedlem   March 13, 2014  

Sprinters Stage today!
Lots of big Guns! Should be a belter!

24 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Not got faith in Cav at the mo, especially at that price.
So here goes!

Greipel
Kittel
Bennett
Modolo
Demare
Bennati
Eisel
Boucher
Jerome

backflipbedlem's picture

posted by backflipbedlem [825 posts]
13th March 2014 - 11:05

1 Like

I already had him in as one of my OPQS guys for the TTT

For this i took out Trentin and Kennaugh for Demare and Modolo

Cav
Demare
Modolo
Sergent
Malori
Durbridge
Hepburn
Dowsett
Arredondo

Protecting 22nd in the race and 4th in Forum's Scorum's.

posted by ray silvester [1858 posts]
13th March 2014 - 11:08

2 Likes

I had Cav, Modolo, Ruffoni and Demare anyways so added a couple more for 10 point penalty Nerd

Mark Cavendish (OPQ)
Sacha Modolo (LAM)
Andre Greipel (LTB)
Matteo Pelucchi (IAM)
Nicola Ruffoni (BAR)
Arnaud Demare (FDJ)
Julian David Arredondo (TFR)
Kristian Sbaragli (MTQ)
Paolo Longo Borghini (CAD)

'Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you'

livestrongnick's picture

posted by livestrongnick [1848 posts]
13th March 2014 - 11:18

1 Like

Cav
Demare
Greipel
Kittel
Colbrelli

and 4 others

posted by Joelsim [1444 posts]
13th March 2014 - 11:18

1 Like

Bit compromised today as I went for a good TTT, and my one change was planned from the start - Demare in for Malori. Couldn't fit Greipel in without a couple of penalties, which I thought probably wouldn't be worth it...

Cav
Petacchi
Kittel
Demare
Impey
Santaromita
Arredondo
Goos
Nuyens

chrisdstripes's picture

posted by chrisdstripes [1648 posts]
13th March 2014 - 11:20

2 Likes

chrisdstripes wrote:
Bit compromised today as I went for a good TTT, and my one change was planned from the start - Demare in for Malori. Couldn't fit Greipel in without a couple of penalties, which I thought probably wouldn't be worth it...

Cav
Petacchi
Kittel
Demare
Impey
Santaromita
Arredondo
Goos
Nuyens

Only time will tell whether my 30 point penalty was worth it. 2 sprint stages though.

posted by Joelsim [1444 posts]
13th March 2014 - 11:23

2 Likes

Looks like the break is set, 2 mins after just a few km...

Canola
Dowsett
Teklehaymanot
Malacarne
De La Cruz

Good to have Malacarne in the break for my purists, was optimistic about moving up the purist overall table this week but Meersman's crash I reckon will have cost me a good 200 points. Maybe Malacarne can make up for it today...

chrisdstripes's picture

posted by chrisdstripes [1648 posts]
13th March 2014 - 11:23

1 Like

Joelsim wrote:
chrisdstripes wrote:
Bit compromised today as I went for a good TTT, and my one change was planned from the start - Demare in for Malori. Couldn't fit Greipel in without a couple of penalties, which I thought probably wouldn't be worth it...

Cav
Petacchi
Kittel
Demare
Impey
Santaromita
Arredondo
Goos
Nuyens

Only time will tell whether my 30 point penalty was worth it. 2 sprint stages though.

Its tricky, 5% last km tomorrow. Should still be a sprint, but might be a bit less predictable, hence keeping Impey over Greipel. We shall see - I like it when there's marked differences between the teams on the forum...

chrisdstripes's picture

posted by chrisdstripes [1648 posts]
13th March 2014 - 11:26

2 Likes

chrisdstripes wrote:
Joelsim wrote:
chrisdstripes wrote:
Bit compromised today as I went for a good TTT, and my one change was planned from the start - Demare in for Malori. Couldn't fit Greipel in without a couple of penalties, which I thought probably wouldn't be worth it...

Cav
Petacchi
Kittel
Demare
Impey
Santaromita
Arredondo
Goos
Nuyens

Only time will tell whether my 30 point penalty was worth it. 2 sprint stages though.

Its tricky, 5% last km tomorrow. Should still be a sprint, but might be a bit less predictable, hence keeping Impey over Greipel. We shall see - I like it when there's marked differences between the teams on the forum...

Hmm, didn't see that 5%. Will have to give it some thought.

posted by Joelsim [1444 posts]
13th March 2014 - 11:34

2 Likes

chrisdstripes wrote:
Looks like the break is set, 2 mins after just a few km...

Canola
Dowsett
Teklehaymanot
Malacarne
De La Cruz

Good to have Malacarne in the break for my purists, was optimistic about moving up the purist overall table this week but Meersman's crash I reckon will have cost me a good 200 points. Maybe Malacarne can make up for it today...

I've got Teklehaymanot in the break, he seems to be up for the breaks the last couple of comps.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

stumps's picture

posted by stumps [2824 posts]
13th March 2014 - 13:29

2 Likes

Pelucci!
Spent about half hour this monring uming and ahing about how to fit him in, didnt bother in end, oh well!

backflipbedlem's picture

posted by backflipbedlem [825 posts]
13th March 2014 - 15:03

3 Likes

2,3,4,10 for me

backflipbedlem's picture

posted by backflipbedlem [825 posts]
13th March 2014 - 15:05

1 Like

Via Eurosport

TA.png

Vive Le Road.cc Fantasy Cycling Game!

posted by enrique [1795 posts]
13th March 2014 - 15:09

1 Like

1 Pelucchi
2 Demare
3 Greipel
4 Bennett
5 Sagan
6 Appollonio
7 Fortin
8 Modolo
9 Hurel
10 Sbaragli

backflipbedlem's picture

posted by backflipbedlem [825 posts]
13th March 2014 - 15:10

1 Like

Kittel was apparently filmed in a fit of anger today:

https://vine.co/v/MbvuWAevgAi

Vive Le Road.cc Fantasy Cycling Game!

posted by enrique [1795 posts]
13th March 2014 - 15:13

1 Like

enrique wrote:
Kittel was apparently filmed in a fit of anger today:

https://vine.co/v/MbvuWAevgAi


Poor Bike!!!

backflipbedlem's picture

posted by backflipbedlem [825 posts]
13th March 2014 - 15:20

2 Likes

1,2,3,8,10 Party

'Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you'

livestrongnick's picture

posted by livestrongnick [1848 posts]
13th March 2014 - 16:07

2 Likes

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Modolo only

posted by Twybaydos [358 posts]
13th March 2014 - 16:35

2 Likes

That was turd.

Demare, Greipel. That's it. Need a GC before I decide to ditch the prima donnas.

posted by Joelsim [1444 posts]
13th March 2014 - 16:38

2 Likes

Well glad my Cav prediction paid off.
Anyone got a top 20 yet?

backflipbedlem's picture

posted by backflipbedlem [825 posts]
13th March 2014 - 16:44

2 Likes

GC

1 CAVENDISH Mark
2 KWIATKOWSKI Michal
3 URAN URAN Rigoberto
4 RENSHAW Mark
5 PETACCHI Alessandro +2"
6 MARTIN Tony +3"
7 CLARKE Simon +11"
8 IMPEY Daryl +11"
9 TUFT Svein +11"
10 SANTAROMITA Ivan +11"

posted by simon F [994 posts]
13th March 2014 - 18:20

1 Like

1 PELUCCHI Matteo
2 DEMARE Arnaud
3 GREIPEL Andre'
4 BENNETT Sam
5 SAGAN Peter
6 APPOLLONIO Davide
7 FORTIN Filippo
8 MODOLO Sacha
9 HUREL Tony
10 SBARAGLI Kristian
11 WAGNER Robert
12 WYSS Danilo
13 GRIVKO Andriy
14 RUFFONI Nicola
15 KLUGE Roger
16 VAN SUMMEREN Johan
17 CAVENDISH Mark
18 BAUER Jack
19 VEELERS Tom
20 ROELANDTS Jurgen

Last man home was Jurgen Van den Broeck

posted by simon F [994 posts]
13th March 2014 - 18:22

1 Like

woohooo Silly 2nd on stage Big Grin

'Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you'

livestrongnick's picture

posted by livestrongnick [1848 posts]
13th March 2014 - 19:57

2 Likes

Looking at the scoring, that was pretty dire all round

posted by Joelsim [1444 posts]
13th March 2014 - 21:52

1 Like