Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Paris Nice Satge 2 - Rambouillet to Saint-Georges-sur-Baulchee 205KM

No transfers for me today. Hoping the more obvious sprinters join in today!?  39
102 points just isn't good enough  2

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

31 comments

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

I lost TJ from my purist team  31

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Boom's broken elbow has killed my purists team

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm not counting my chickens ,it's gonna be close and if I finish in the top 3 purists in the fs league I'll be happy  1

0 likes

This one chiv?

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think you're probably right chiv, meersman crash was a bit of a setback for my purists today. Need a big day tomorrow and some luck on stage 4 methinks...

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

193, if I hadn't made my transfer this morning taking out Kristoff for Meersman I'd be sitting on 212 points and 9th on the stage  20

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Scores updating. SOOOOO glad there is no bookend prize, because I took Matthews out lastnight

Joelsim | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yep, think I'm up near 200 points today too.

Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think I got 207 points. Coquard, hofland, bouhanni and degenkolb are all in gc, points and yoof. I don't think that will be near top 10 for stage though. High scoring day.

Gkam84 replied to Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes
Twybaydos wrote:

I think I got 207 points. Coquard, hofland, bouhanni and degenkolb are all in gc, points and yoof. I don't think that will be near top 10 for stage though. High scoring day.

Correct on the score and not the top 10

22= Topsport Torquay Twybaydos 207

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Scores coming soon, I nearly forgot it was me today  13

Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes

Dropped gallopin for Thomas. Didn't lose too much there. Both in purist.

Standard 1,2346 14, purist 1,2,6,8 14

0 likes

make that 1,2,3,4,11 on stage for me 1,2,3,7,9 GC very good day  16

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Guess who dropped Kristoff for Meersman today...  102

One the upside, still had 1, 2, 3 & 6.

stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes

I judged that it was essential to get Meersman into my team today, and used up some transfers that I really wanted to save to do so...... Well that's the way it goes sometimes, feeling pretty unhappy about the whole thing and then Hofland comes through to give me a 1-2-3 any way, so stop moaning you old soak!

Ups and downs Eh!

0 likes

So I think 2,3,4,6,7 for both my teams...
Adding in GC bonuses another good day - and teammate bonus for van Emden in my purists...

chiv30 replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

So I think 2,3,4,6,7 for both my teams...
Adding in GC bonuses another good day - and teammate bonus for van Emden in my purists...

So far it looks like ur pulling 35ish points a stage on me purist wise , however I do have Rui Costa and Chavanel as well as Gee for when it starts getting to the steep stuff ....stage four and five def look like possibly none of the sprinters are going to contest the stage ...I'm sure there is a climb on 4 that has gradients of 25 %  13

0 likes

Hofland on fire at the moment, takes it from Degenkolb and Bouhanni. Multiple crashes make it difficult to tell what the GC standings will be, could be a while before they sort it all out. Meersman got paced back to the peloton by his team car, I think.

Possibly...
4 Kristoff
5 Hushovd
6 Coquard
7 Fonseca
8 Gallopin (who I dropped)

0 likes

yes!yes!yes!

Hofland
Degenkolb
Bouhanni

1,2,3 for me  4

0 likes

A crash in the peloton brings down Gianni Meersman (Omega Pharma-QuickStep), who has surely lost all chances of a stage win and the yellow jersey. Edvald Boasson Hagen (Sky), Lars Boom (Belkin) and Tyler Farrar (Garmin-Sharp) are also among those caught up in the crash.

0 likes

More crashes, Meersman and Farrar won't be in the sprint today, and Meersman has missed out on the overall lead.

0 likes

With the gap down to 1:35, Saramotins could wait no longer. The Latvian climbs out of the saddle and drops Delaplace. He will now try to fend off the peloton alone.

12km

0 likes

14km remaining 2min lead

0 likes

Result of the second intermediate sprint

Aleksandrejs Saramotins (IAM)
Anthony Delaplace (BSE)
Gianni Meersman (OPQ)

0 likes

Paris-Nice: Paris-Nice crash leaves Bardet, Schlecks and Gerrans stranded http://t.co/1Rg1rcvC48

Joelsim | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yay! Delaplace, you beauty!

0 likes

gap gone back up. now 8mins 40secs 85km to go

0 likes

gap now 7mins 20secs 109km left

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

They are still out there, 70km gone and they have a lead of 9mins 05secs with Meersman taking the final 1 sec bonus after the first sprint.

0 likes

Delaplace and Saramotins have 3 mins after 12km, if thats the break then it will be interesting to see if any GC guys chase the 1-sec bonuses in the intermediate sprints...
EDIT the second sprint is right near the end so the break may well have been caught by then...

Pages

Latest Comments