Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Womens World Cup

Thought I would get in there before someone starts a thread asking when it will be open.

I am working on things, but there is just no information coming from team or organisers. I've tried many times to get team details for the first race, the Boels Rental Ronde van Drenthe, on 15th March.

So it is currently looking doubtful at best. If that doesn't go ahead, I'll have to wait on Dave's decision, but I would pull the whole womens world cup and replace it with the womens Giro and Tour of Britain.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

140 comments

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

The only races in the world cup are those listed in the game

Boels Rental Ronde van Drenthe
Trofeo Alfredo Binda - Comune di Cittiglio
Ronde van Vlaanderen
La Flèche Wallonne Féminine
Tour of Chongming Island
Sparkassen Giro Sun
Open de Suède Vargarda TTT
Open de Suède Vargarda
GP de Plouay-Bretagne

leortp | 10 years ago
0 likes

Pretty sure I would have been the only person here who was at Trofeo Binda last year and rode some of the course as a guest of one of the teams. I can't lose!

Joelsim | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hope there isn't a late withdrawal from Minge.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

She isn't in the startlist, I think it was Dave who has loaded in all the riders. But there are teams missing, so waiting for him to sort that and I can load them in.

The startlist is patchy at best, here is what I can see so far http://women.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&editi...

mooleur | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ahahaha, damnit, I picked a team thinking 'yeaaaaah such a win' - then checked the start list.

Half my riders aren't riding  10 back to the drawing board!

mooleur | 10 years ago
0 likes

^^ btw, I'd say we can expect a fuller startlist tomorrow, it's usually a 24hour thing with the world cup I think  1

Keeps us on our toes!

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I wouldn't even expect a startlist for this race, even after its been completed. The organisers won't reply to emails, tweets and I even phoned them....lets just say that didn't work because of my lack of language skills.

enrique replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

....lets just say that didn't work because of my lack of language skills.

Why don't you put out a call on Twitter for someone to help you translating or talking directly to the organizers? Or tweet to a rider who speaks the language and is on one of the corresponding 'brother' teams for help? Who's the biggest budget team in this series? I'll help you out!  1 I love the fact you're so persistent! Don't give up!  1

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Because I didn't think anyone else would want to incur the charges of calling Italy, where as I just write them off as a business expense  3

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

One thing that might help is that there is a full startlist published for the ladies' Gent-Wevelgem on the same day. Is there any chance of removing those riders from the Alfredo Binda startlist? At least it makes the waters slightly less muddy...

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

Don't wish to be one of those 'Told You So' people but.......

mooleur | 10 years ago
0 likes

@ray "I told you so" what exactly??

GKam, give Sarah C a shout on Twitter, she's honestly your best call on extracting info, she's got all the conatcts for media stuff.

As mentioned, we can expect the start list proper by tomorrow mid-morning as far as I'm aware.

The link you have to cyclingfever is as good as any normally, but maybe check out procyclingstats and podiumcafe too.

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

@mooleur

that this would be a bit of a disaster

drheaton replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

@mooleur

In fairness a couple of the races that are now in the game were disasters in their first year, races like the Tour de Med, Algarve and Catalunya have a history of shit information and late roster notifications, it just happens.

These races have also improved over the last couple of years to the point where we don't have the same sorts of issues with them.

Hopefully as the profile of women's racing grows these races will get their shit together and start to operate more professionally but in the mean time I'm happy that the game is in there now and set up to take advantage of the growing popularity of women's racing.

What do we want next then? Cyclo-cross...?  4

mooleur | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well said that drheaton, totally agree. It's lovely that you guys are making this effort and a real testament to the growing popularity of the women's sport.  4

CX would be ace - as would a domestic game too, I'm much more interested in the likes of the tour series, mens premier cal and women's national series - and luckily start lists are normally pretty accessible from velouk and BC. ^_^

mooleur replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

@mooleur

Your face is a bit of a disaster.

No ones getting anything grown up out of me today.

simon F replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

What do we want next then? Cyclo-cross...?  4

CTT time trials?  21

mooleur | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Startlist updated, email will go out soon  3

chiv30 replied to mooleur | 10 years ago
0 likes
mooleur wrote:
ray silvester wrote:

@mooleur

Your face is a bit of a disaster.

No ones getting anything grown up out of me today.

You my dear , have issues  35

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just made roster changes. Dani King and Elinor Barker were well picked riders  103

sanderville | 10 years ago
0 likes

Looking at my women's teams I see a few don't have proper icons. I can understand that gkam hasn't had time to paint a little icon for every team but it does make it impossible to see if any of my picks have become greyed out. Riders do tend to drop out a few hours after I pick them.

I must say that for the second women's race this season I'm disappointed to look through the ladies' startlist and not get so much as a whiff of Minge, although Spratt might make up for that.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

The way to tell if they are in the startlist, go through a couple of pages to find them, if they are yellow...they are there. If they are not in the list, they are not starting.

I know what you mean though. Its not me who does those little pictures though and I have no control over them, sorry. I would have just stuck a nice place pink jersey for all those teams who don't have a jersey yet  3

sanderville replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I would have just stuck a nice place pink jersey for all those teams who don't have a jersey yet

I can't believe the naked sexism with which I am confronted on this site. Keep your gender-delineated, phallus-hegemonic, colour-code apartheid to yourself thank you very much.

Red would show off their tits better.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

But I was just thinking of a colour that 1, would show up the removal of a rider and 2, is not a jersey colour anyone else is using.

I could just draw a naked women onto a jersey I suppose

monica replied to sanderville | 10 years ago
0 likes
Sanderville wrote:

Red would show off their tits better.

Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes

Johansson
Amialiusik
Cromwell
Van Vleuten
Ratto
Stevens
Villumsen
Mullens
E. Cecchini

Purist, Longo Borghini in for Amialiusik.

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

According to Twitter, there were 6 riders in the lead at halfway (62km) but the gap was less than a minute (40 secs-ish) so no bonus points today.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Emma Johannsen wins ahead of Armitstead and Anna van der Breggen

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

1) Emma Johansson (Orica AIS)
2) Elizabeth Armitstead (Boels Dolmans Cycling Team)
3) Alena Amialiusik (Astana BePink)
4) Anna Van der Breggen (Rabo Liv Women Cycling Team)
5) Pauline Ferrand Prevot (Rabo Liv Women Cycling Team)
6) Elisa Longo Borghini (Hitec Products)
7) Olga Zabelinskaya (Rusvelo)
8) Ellen Van Dijk (Boels Dolmans Cycling Team)
9) Giorgia Bronzini (Wiggle Honda)
10) Elena Cecchini (Estado de Mexico Faren Kuota)

Pages

Latest Comments