Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Thoughts on a pedal Kickstarter

Having the occasional browse on Kickstarter turned up The Infinity Pedal:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2099765898/the-infinity-pedal?ref=d...

Interesting idea, very small and light (probably.) I use Look Keos as a standard go to cleat, I've never tried anything smaller like eggbeaters or speedplay. They look like they might be quite easy to snap out of accidentally. What is the advantage of such a small contact patch? Would it create a lot of pressure in one spot?

Bonus Kickstarter; Revolights brings you a mudguard rear light combo:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/revolightsinc/revolights-arc-a-smar...

thoughts?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

themartincox | 10 years ago
0 likes

ooh, turns out a guy I know is the next-door neighbour of the chap who has invented/made the infinity pedals

so, you know, buy some an all that!

Nat Jas Moe | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've always used eggbeaters and have never unclipped accidentally. With four points of entry orientation of the pedal is never an issue. You get 6 degrees of float, which is good for the knees, and a choice of 15 or 20 degrees to unclip depending on cleat orientation. I've not had an issue with pressure hot spots that I've noticed. It's an all round good egg as far as I'm concerned.

jollygoodvelo | 10 years ago
0 likes

The only problem with mudguard lights is that once they're covered in road crap - and they will be, that's the point - how bright will they be?

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I was unsure of those pedals aswell.

But Revolights can GTF, Look how much they raised last time, they could have reinvested some of that to build these

themartincox replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

But Revolights can GTF, Look how much they raised last time, they could have reinvested some of that to build these

they did reinvest, they have gone from 3 founders to a company of 7 staff - thats pretty significant reinvestment if you ask me!

the difficulty for the light is surely two-fold? the light itself, and also the performance of the mudguard?

good luck to them I say!

Latest Comments