Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Garmin os gb discoverer maps... Cheap?

Hi, I'm looking to buy the Garmin OS discoverer 1:50k GB maps but they're £100+. I've found a site which sells them for £20. http://www.ioffer.com/i/garmin-gb-discoverer-1-50k-full-coverage-127349741

Has anyone ever bought any maps from this site or a similar site? Usually if things sound too good to be true they usually are but I thought it was worth an ask!

Alternatively, has anyone else used any cheap sites?

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

downs83 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Lovely, once the sun has gone in I'll get downloading! Thanks for the help!

FMOAB | 10 years ago
0 likes

You can get open source maps that look great and can work even better than OS because they can give prominence to cycle routes and tracks that work for road bikes. Three of the best are Talkytoaster, (which for a cost of about £10 also does OS style maps) openfiet and velomap.

If you are concerned about the techie side of it, Talkytoaster will do you a preloaded micro sd card.

downs83 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Great thanks, I'll consider getting one! Garmin price themselves out of the market  2

Metjas | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cheap sites? me? Never!

I use openstreetmap on my Edge 800 and it works brilliant - free and legit. No need to spend serious money on the Garmin maps.

GraemeWard | 10 years ago
0 likes

I bought one of those to go with the cheap Garnim 800 I got from Amazon at Christmas.

It's obviously not a legitimate Garmin item but it does work and seems to be a proper OS map, not that I've seen an official one to compare it with?

Works fine with routes I've made on Garmin connect and I've put the free open street maps on the same sd card too.

Latest Comments